Unicorns, current rule.

Psych0P3nguin

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thats a bug that isnt sure to be 100% active active.

Not a bug but intended. Wilds will not spawn if a tamed one is present on the server.

If someone tried to tame the unicorn before you found it and failed, that's why you weren't able to tame it the first time. Generally what you want to do is actually KO it and let it wake up to reset the tame. Given how quickly it died, I would wager that's what happened, and as soon as you hopped on the food updated and registered it was starving, hence the death. Very unfortunate, but also a relatively common issue with passive tames.

The original rule was one unicorn per server period; it has since been amended to one wild unicorn per server active at a time. It sounds like it may still be a bit bugged and not spawning new ones when the current one is tamed in some cases; worth reporting so it can get looked at and hopefully resolved later.

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Can confirm this is false. I was breeding them on my legacy server and the wilds ONLY spawned whenever i transferred the breeders off.

This was my understanding as well. But how did you confirm that they weren't there before the breeders were transferred?

25 minutes ago, Cymas said:

The original rule was one unicorn per server period; it has since been amended to one wild unicorn per server active at a time.

I did not know this. Do you happen to know if this has been posted anywhere? I haven't seen it.

49 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I'm assuming that unicorns don't spawn on the Single Player game. Never, ever, ever, ever seen one, and I check out every Equus I see.

I did not spawn, but accidently came across unicorns on my single player Island map and just a few days ago on my Ragnarok map. Tamed both. I cheated and used dotame as I was impatient on Island. On ragnarok I tried taming the proper way but it was very buggy and wouldn't work. After over an hour trying to tame it I just used dotame because what is the freaking point to suffer from stupid bugs when on single player. So I can confirm they do spawn on single player. 

Ark somehow knows when I am looking for something because I rarely find what I am actively looking for. Somehow every good thing I get is when I am looking for something else. Probably as soon as you stop checking the Equus you'll find a Unicorn? Both times I am doing something mundane and do double take and stop what I am doing and get them. 

19 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I did not spawn, but accidently came across unicorns on my single player Island map and just a few days ago on my Ragnarok map. Tamed both. I cheated and used dotame as I was impatient on Island. On ragnarok I tried taming the proper way but it was very buggy and wouldn't work. After over an hour trying to tame it I just used dotame because what is the freaking point to suffer from stupid bugs when on single player. So I can confirm they do spawn on single player. 

Ark somehow knows when I am looking for something because I rarely find what I am actively looking for. Somehow every good thing I get is when I am looking for something else. Probably as soon as you stop checking the Equus you'll find a Unicorn? Both times I am doing something mundane and do double take and stop what I am doing and get them. 

Ain't that the truth!

47 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Hear hear!

29 minutes ago, NotPrepared said:

Tweet by Jen says only 1 per server, no matter if it´s tamed or not.

"1 at a time, either wild or tamed. If you remove that unicorn from the server, one will spawn. If you tame 1 and keep it no more will spawn."

Source: 

Yeah, that's the first bit of information, but as I understood from @Cymas, they've since changed it. Tried to look through Jen's Twitter myself, but couldn't get further back than August and googling only found me that tweet. So rumour has it, it's been changed, but I have been unable to confirm it. Would it be possible to get from the ARK DevKit? Any modders that can confirm?

5 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

What if @Jatheish or @Jen just see this and quickly confirm it? Would that be asking too much? They rarely respond to me (if ever can't remember if it's ever happened haha) but maybe I'll get lucky once..:D

Speaking of which, how do you guys do the @ thing?  If i put @ in front of a name on here it does nothing...

Nvm figured it out lol

8 hours ago, Zahlea said:

This was my understanding as well. But how did you confirm that they weren't there before the breeders were transferred?

I did not know this. Do you happen to know if this has been posted anywhere? I haven't seen it.

Because the only server sightings were before they came in our possession. Our alliance tamed em, we transferred em to another server so a friend could breed, one was sighted immediately each time (happened 5 times!) 

Then I rapatriated the unicorns to my server to breed and since then, not a single one had spawned.

Well this is crossed information, it would be nice to know which one is valid. Since there is no official word on the adjustment, I am sticking to Jen's official tweet as reference.

For breeding, I imagine that you can get another unicorn even if you breed it with regular Equus as long as one is said unicorn, no? I assumed the  offspring chance would always be there.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Martellus said:

Well this is crossed information, it would be nice to know which one is valid. Since there is no official word on the adjustment, I am sticking to Jen's official tweet as reference.

For breeding, I imagine that you can get another unicorn even if you breed it with regular Equus as long as one is said unicorn, no? I assumed the  offspring chance would always be there.

Cheers

They cannot be bred together.

38 minutes ago, Martellus said:

Cheers

From game's perspective Unicorns and Equus are different species and thus cannot be bred together. To breed unicorns you either need to bring another one from different server or upload one you have and tame another one on same server.

Archived