Breadfruit? Or any tree, really.

Ailura

Hello everyone!

I play single player on the Island on a PS4, using Primitive Plus.

I have a small greenhouse and for aesthetics I'd like to have a small tree growing in it.  Attempts to force a tree to spawn inside the greenhouse have failed, but I've seen pictures of a breadfruit tree which look really nice.  However, I can't find the seeds or an admin code to get one.

Do breadfruit trees still exist in the game?

Any ideas for getting a tree inside my greenhouse?  I'm on PS4 so sadly I can't use mods.  Also, the cashew tree is so low to the ground it's more like a bush, or groundcover, so that's not what I'm looking for.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Ailura said:

Hello everyone!

I play single player on the Island on a PS4, using Primitive Plus.

I have a small greenhouse and for aesthetics I'd like to have a small tree growing in it.  Attempts to force a tree to spawn inside the greenhouse have failed, but I've seen pictures of a breadfruit tree which look really nice.  However, I can't find the seeds or an admin code to get one.

Do breadfruit trees still exist in the game?

Any ideas for getting a tree inside my greenhouse?  I'm on PS4 so sadly I can't use mods.  Also, the cashew tree is so low to the ground it's more like a bush, or groundcover, so that's not what I'm looking for.

Any decent berry farmer will obtain the seeds over time. There is one plant that is around 2 walls high but I can’t remember which one - possibly the one you make wine with.

16 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Any decent berry farmer will obtain the seeds over time. There is one plant that is around 2 walls high but I can’t remember which one - possibly the one you make wine with.

So the breadfruit tree does still exist?  I couldn't find references to it going away but the only reference I found to it existing was here:

http://primitive.wikia.com/wiki/Breadfruit

But the grapevine... I never thought of that.  That might work, thanks!

11 hours ago, Royalstar said:

+1 to @DJRone89‘s suggestion, planting grape seeds will result in a medium sized tree, alternatively you could use re-fertilizer and hope a tree grows, of course that depends on where you built your base.

Thanks, Royalstar!  I did try the refertilizer --threw fistfulls of it all around and nothing happened.  I've read somewhere that it doesn't currently work in single player and I can confirm that.

Archived