Phoenix - Common Locations and Taming Tips

YourFavoriteOni

Heyo, so I'm trying to find and tame a Phoenix. Might just trap it if I can find one and wait till another x2 weekend, but the goal is still the same.

So far, I have went through 5 heat waves and haven't seen a single Phoenix, so the rarity sure is there. However, these are only things I've heard from other players and have seen in videos.

- The Phoenix spawns 3 per server instead of the original 1

- They fly just about as high as the Tapijara, but can fly as low as the trees/cacti

- Often spawn near the obilisks, but are also known to pawn mid map and will travel long distances

- Turn to ashes outside of heat waves and will spawn above their ashes the next heat wave

- They're a living forge, camp fire, and silica pearl farm

If you know anything by certain that you know I have either missed or am wrong about, please correct me and help those like me that are seeking to tame this legendary and evasive creature. Anything will help ranging from co-ords, to photos.

- We have seen 2 phoenixes during the same heatwave, so it's more than one.

- I live near green obi and can absolutely not confirm that the obi is a place where they spawn often. I have seen them more often not in range of the obi.

- They spawn at your regular travel height

- Rare flowers help

- You won't be able to trap it for a week. Unless you are there every heatwave. i had trapped several, but I have a job and can't wait forever for the weather to change. If you miss one heatwave, and it spawns without anyone nearby, it will be gone. Idk if they spawn outside the trap, completely despawn or whatever, but it will be gone.

- make sure to close your trap properly, they can fit through small cracks. They have a strange hitbox. Put a door in your trap to kite it back in if it escapes. 

- Do NOT attempt to tame it with rare flowers and a wyvern without a trap. It will kill your wyvern. We almost lost two 240+ wyvern (one died, stamina low, couldn't escape and the phoenix kept attacking even without the rare flower buff) to a lvl 10 phoenix, because we thought this time we'd do it without a trap. Very bad idea to save time... 

- Fire wyvern are not immune to the phoenix 

- If you have it trapped, get as many tribemates as you can to deal fire damage. Idk if allies or other people outside the tribe can help

Good luck. If you find one, the only issue really is the time between heatwaves.

18 minutes ago, Weiss said:

- We have seen 2 phoenixes during the same heatwave, so it's more than one.

- I live near green obi and can absolutely not confirm that the obi is a place where they spawn often. I have seen them more often not in range of the obi.

- They spawn at your regular travel height

- Rare flowers help

- You won't be able to trap it for a week. Unless you are there every heatwave. i had trapped several, but I have a job and can't wait forever for the weather to change. If you miss one heatwave, and it spawns without anyone nearby, it will be gone. Idk if they spawn outside the trap, completely despawn or whatever, but it will be gone.

- make sure to close your trap properly, they can fit through small cracks. They have a strange hitbox. Put a door in your trap to kite it back in if it escapes. 

- Do NOT attempt to tame it with rare flowers and a wyvern without a trap. It will kill your wyvern. We almost lost two 240+ wyvern (one died, stamina low, couldn't escape and the phoenix kept attacking even without the rare flower buff) to a lvl 10 phoenix, because we thought this time we'd do it without a trap. Very bad idea to save time... 

- Fire wyvern are not immune to the phoenix 

- If you have it trapped, get as many tribemates as you can to deal fire damage. Idk if allies or other people outside the tribe can help

Good luck. If you find one, the only issue really is the time between heatwaves.

Right now I've been searching by the obs, but have been told to check around 50,50 and that they usually don't, but CAN spawn in the desert out skirts. Been through around 4-5 heat waves and haven't found a single one flying around. But hearing they fly around average travel/flight hieght helps out a lot!

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

Honestly the real issue is the heat waves occur so far apart from each other. At least on the server I'm on for xbox official legacy. Just went through the 6th heat wave and I searched from the middle of the map up to and around green ob almost to blue in that span of 5 minutes. It seems like the heat wave occurs hours apart and the rarity of these creatures is only making this more ridiculously difficult.

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Are they even spawning on Single Player?  I've NEVER seen one on Scorched and played hundreds of hours and plenty of heat waves.

I'm playing on xbox and am in a group on facebook where people have told me they've seen up to 2-3 spawned in on official in the same heat wave. So I believe they're out there somewhere, but I'm very broken at the moment... I don't know if they're glitched or something but I haven't seen a single one and because the heat waves are uncommon now for some ungodly known reason, I have had 8 heat waves in the span of 3 days and I have searched literally the entirety of Scorched Earth and haven't found a single Phoenix.

Archived