?s about using a procoptodon for breeding.

Cowgirl

Ok, so I tamed a roo because I am planning to hatch an anky tuesday. I was wondering what all I should know. I did try to research it but I am not finding much. one of my friends said that they have to be mate boosted for it to work, is that true? Also will the anky get the imprint boost even though it becomes a juvie before 8 hours? Any other tips? Thanks all!

37 minutes ago, Edwardje said:

I breed alot its cool

I don't except for during events but my friend gave me a super anky egg to hatch, I have one there already but it's imprinted on another server with a different character, and when I got him I needed more weight as I had only one Q, now I have 3 so I can use more mele and less weight.

Bred 5 ankies with Roo support this weekend:

1) If it's working, there should be a "Baby Bottle" symbol on the roo.    It can bug out, if it does let the baby go and pick it back up with the roo

2) Important:There's currently a lot of bugs in terms of "dropping" the babys...Roos are bad moms apparently :(     I commonly find that upon loading in, the baby has fallen out of the roo's pouch, through the ceiling tiles we use as a floor, and is on the beach under our base (which is supported on top of pillars).     We made a small "birthin platform" out of thatch ceiling, and parked the roos there...babies would fall through that, through the ceiling below that, and on the beach...

It doesn't -always- happen, and sometimes they stop on the floor next to the roo.     But it is very, very very glitchy, and other reports have said the baby falls through the world and is never seen again.     Usually it's just a matter of running outside with the roo and picking the baby back up, have had some close calls with raptors/dilos.    If you want absolute saftey, you might want to just pick the baby up when it's time to imprint

3) If the baby's request is to go for a walk, it's still do-able, put the baby on follow, then the roo on follow.    Works just fine.

4) There's a lot of weirdness for what does and doesn't fit in a pouch.    I got two Anky imprints before they were too big for the bouch, and 2 beavers (beavers at 59% maturation but 100% imprint=WIN).    On the other hand, baby roos themselves don't fit in very long, and a lot of things pop out the moment they hit juvenile.

6 hours ago, Migol said:

1) If it's working, there should be a "Baby Bottle" symbol on the roo.    It can bug out, if it does let the baby go and pick it back up with the roo

2) Important:There's currently a lot of bugs in terms of "dropping" the babys...Roos are bad moms apparently :(     I commonly find that upon loading in, the baby has fallen out of the roo's pouch, through the ceiling tiles we use as a floor, and is on the beach under our base (which is supported on top of pillars).     We made a small "birthin platform" out of thatch ceiling, and parked the roos there...babies would fall through that, through the ceiling below that, and on the beach...

It doesn't -always- happen, and sometimes they stop on the floor next to the roo.     But it is very, very very glitchy, and other reports have said the baby falls through the world and is never seen again.     Usually it's just a matter of running outside with the roo and picking the baby back up, have had some close calls with raptors/dilos.    If you want absolute saftey, you might want to just pick the baby up when it's time to imprint

3) If the baby's request is to go for a walk, it's still do-able, put the baby on follow, then the roo on follow.    Works just fine.

4) There's a lot of weirdness for what does and doesn't fit in a pouch.    I got two Anky imprints before they were too big for the bouch, and 2 beavers (beavers at 59% maturation but 100% imprint=WIN).    On the other hand, baby roos themselves don't fit in very long, and a lot of things pop out the moment they hit juvenile.

Ah thanks for the info! 

6 hours ago, Migol said:

I think how long the babies stay in the pouch or whether they even fit in is related to the drag weight. Some dinos pop out before juvenile, some can stay in the pouch a lot longer.

On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 6:39 PM, DeningWei said:

I think how long the babies stay in the pouch or whether they even fit in is related to the drag weight. Some dinos pop out before juvenile, some can stay in the pouch a lot longer.

Yes, exactly. Same drag weight that used to let you carry baby brontos with quetz or any other smaller baby with argies :) 

Well, I hatched him yesterday and my neighbor loaned me a lady roo, put him in there and all was well, he got 2 imprints for 33% each and ALMOST a 3rd, I got on to imprint him for his 3rd time, had 10 mins to wait, went and did a few things around base and came back, 3 mins left but the little turd had gotten too big! so 4 imprints total and he is now 100%! :D

Archived