Sign in to follow this  
GhostCreep

Sarco's Death-Roll

Posted (edited)

Really appreciate this addition to the game but I have a little constructive criticism... The ability to do it on land does not make a whole lot of sense... that attack would of been more effective as a grab like the Kapro to drag prey to the water and then the Death-Roll "should" be a continuous spin while in water, dealing spinning damage while holding prey underwater to be drowned at least until Stamina runs out, or the Sarco gets to the last 25% of it's stamina bar, or 25% is used, etc. and we really should be able to grab anything the size of its head and smaller... Parasaur and smaller honestly would make a lot more sense gameplay-wise, Dire-Wolves, etc. I know that seems OP and would be a lot for survivors to deal with but it would be so scary yet awesome at the same time...

The only thing I have not really thought of until just now is the button controls between grabbing on land and the Death-Roll while in water... probably the button usually for the roar could be the grab, or double-tapping the attack button quickly? maybe the secondary attack could be a grab on-land and a Death-Roll while submerged? That actually would work better... and anything to big to be grabbed could be damaged when in the radius of the teeth while spinning in water, just a thought. But if the Death-Roll is kept as that sad, single flop-roll, could it damage JUST insects that are anywhere near it while it does it? Or just heightening the AOE of it's attack to reach them would be nice...

Anyways I really hope you take these Ideas into consideration... It would make the Sarco probably the absolute perfect tame in the game in my opinion as far as realism and functionality... It's a lot to ask for but I really doubt I would be the only one to appreciate that effort beyond effort. Before I sound to ungrateful I really need to say I appreciate all the time and effort you guys have put into this game. It really is a Joy to play... it's just everyone has an opinion and (seemingly) little things like my suggestion for the Sarco would really turn a mile into a thousand. Thank you again for your time and energy!

P.S.

Please do the Last 2 TLCs in the future! and do NOT forget the Plesi's ugly Mug! and some last Suggestions because I cant help myself... Please give the Rex some kind of ability to catch it back up to that massively overhauled Spino! At least a speedboost for the Rex... something... the Roar is nice but then you go and supe-up that Spino! I'd make the Spino not able to Sprint on 2 legs also to be honest, with a slower-gate while bipedal, would really make the whole thing look better and more intimidating. Plus just have it sprint on All-4's anyway. and I was really hoping for a swimming animation more like the Sarco's with the Spino... (Sad Face) but I can deal with the Doggy-Paddle I guess... Thank you again for everything! and the updates really keep the game fresh!

Edited by GhostCreep
  • Like 2

I was also thinking that the sad single flop roll could be what happens when you use the death roll specifically on land and the continuous spin could be specifically in the water... And allowing the single flop roll on land to strike surrounding insects would solve that problem also. A quick and acceptable fix I believe, and hope you guys can at least think about it to be slipped in a later TLC. Thank you again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, GhostCreep said:

Really appreciate this addition to the game but I have a little constructive criticism... The ability to do it on land does not make a whole lot of sense... that attack would of been more effective as a grab like the Kapro to drag prey to the water and then the Death-Roll "should" be a continuous spin while in water, dealing spinning damage while holding prey underwater to be drowned at least until Stamina runs out, or the Sarco gets to the last 25% of it's stamina bar, or 25% is used, etc. and we really should be able to grab anything the size of its head and smaller... Parasaur and smaller honestly would make a lot more sense gameplay-wise, Dire-Wolves, etc. I know that seems OP and would be a lot for survivors to deal with but it would be so scary yet awesome at the same time...

The only thing I have not really thought of until just now is the button controls between grabbing on land and the Death-Roll while in water... probably the button usually for the roar could be the grab, or double-tapping the attack button quickly? maybe the secondary attack could be a grab on-land and a Death-Roll while submerged? That actually would work better... and anything to big to be grabbed could be damaged when in the radius of the teeth while spinning in water, just a thought. But if the Death-Roll is kept as that sad, single flop-roll, could it damage JUST insects that are anywhere near it while it does it? Or just heightening the AOE of it's attack to reach them would be nice...

That's exactly what I thought lmao, but it turns out that crocodiles can death roll even in extremely shallow water (idk about dry land). Still it looks weird having those bulky crocs doing those spins.

Here is a clip

https://youtu.be/6ZhHHVsAnI4?t=79

Edited by rororoxor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I just searched youtube and found out that Crocodile can do a death roll even on land, and seems like that's a signature move of a croc. Turns out rororoxor beats me to it. It's semi graphic without blood but still  terrifying to watch if anyone is sensitive to this kind of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhHHVsAnI4 croc attacking human

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQcWQbGHJCs croc vs croc

Edited by DonaldDuck
  • Thanks 1

I think the deathroll on the sarco looks derpy and ridiculous. If you watch the animation of the "roll" you will notice it appears more like the sarco is jumping and doing a side flip. If they slowed the animation more and made it appear as if it was actually rolling I think this would be fine.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I agree with everything you all just said

The Deathroll seems like it's just copy pasted from the ptera's barrel roll.

It doesn't feel natural and he can't damage creatures that he is unable to roll

This video explains it

Though I appreciate the Devs for the reply but I really hope this gets implemented

https://dt.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/87bt20/tlc_sarco_an_oversight_on_the_death_roll/

Sarcos should be able to roll multiple times in the water and it should feel organic as seen from this gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/9uIviZVkGarYL2sEkh/giphy.gif

and here's a similar post regarding the sarco

https://dt.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/8611sx/tlc_deathroll_not_working_for_medium_to_large/

Edited by Kaho
  • Like 1