Reaper King = Strong?

Vaculity

On 9/10/2018 at 4:10 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Reaper resistance is 15%, rex base saddle gives 50% resistance.  Mate boost also adds lik 30% to dmg and lik 25% to resistance for rexes aswell.  Reaper is best as long as breeding isnt implemented.  If boss lvl breeding is implemented all large carnivores surpass the reaper eventually sadly.

Forgive the necro post, but this info is wrong unless the reapers recently got nerfed. I detailed it in an earlier post. Reaper resistance is 70% without bro fist and 80% with. Yes, breeding will surpass reaper capability, but that doesn't make the reaper inadequate by any means.  I'm not arguing if top tier bred carnivores are better or worse than reapers. I'm simply stating the facts about the reaper. The fact is, on non-giga outside of boss battles, reapers are king. On boss battles, while maybe not the best option, they are adequate. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Forgive the necro post, but this info is wrong unless the reapers recently got nerfed. I detailed it in an earlier post. Reaper resistance is 70% without bro fist and 80% with. Yes, breeding will surpass reaper capability, but that doesn't make the reaper inadequate by any means.  I'm not arguing if top tier bred carnivores are better or worse than reapers. I'm simply stating the facts about the reaper. The fact is, on non-giga outside of boss battles, reapers are king. On boss battles, while maybe not the best option, they are adequate. 

Yep, and attackspeed-wise, they DO have higher base dmg than Rexs (75 vs 62) but Reapers attack slower (around .8 APS) whereas Rexs are faster (right at 1 APS).  So damage-wise, number-for-number (as in, near-equivalent melee dmg %) they are very close in DPS/output.  Unless someone is talking about a HUGE melee dmg disparity, like a 500% Rex VS a 900 melee Reaper or vice-versa...  In which case, that is a dumb comparison either way.  The way-higher melee one will be better.

The faster attack speed of the Rex makes up for its lower base dmg number, bringing it to Reaper levels of damage.  But Reapers are in a whole different league with their mobility and nearly no fall damage...  And therefore seen by many to be superior.

But "strong" arguments and reasons aside, Reapers are disgusting, chitinous, chittering creatures that are the embodiment of everything that has gone wrong on the Aberration ARK.  They are sickly gross tames whose mothers stab their baby inside a survivor, then you birth it out after covering yourself in a scent-gland (so it wont eat you) recovered from other murdered Reaper mothers.

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE??  They are cool as hell.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Reaper resistance is 15%, rex base saddle gives 50% resistance.  Mate boost also adds lik 30% to dmg and lik 25% to resistance for rexes aswell.  Reaper is best as long as breeding isnt implemented.  If boss lvl breeding is implemented all large carnivores surpass the reaper eventually sadly.

Reapers get a 90% resistance not 15% a fully imprinted reaper gets 120% resistance. I play on pvp during a raid the other tribe trapped me a in bear trap while two giggas chopped on me the whole duration of the bear trap which has a durability of 800 seconds or 13.33 minutes, I got free with 5k hp tail whipped and jump away. if reaper had 15% resistance there is no way  I’d survived 13 min with two giggas on me and my reaper only had like 67% imprint lol

2 hours ago, Cito said:

Reapers get a 90% resistance not 15% a fully imprinted reaper gets 120% resistance. I play on pvp during a raid the other tribe trapped me a in bear trap while two giggas chopped on me the whole duration of the bear trap which has a durability of 800 seconds or 13.33 minutes, I got free with 5k hp tail whipped and jump away. if reaper had 15% resistance there is no way  I’d survived 13 min with two giggas on me and my reaper only had like 67% imprint lol

On 10/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, banggugyangu said:

Theres a youtube video showing reaper vs giga.  The states the reapers defense is not that high evn wen rode.

U do realize at 100% resistance ud b invulnerable right?  XD

36 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Was the video taken prior to or after the Reaper King stat changes?

Tbh im not sure, its been lik a month since iv watched it.  Sum dude decided to tak a high lvl reaper agnst wat he called the standard official server tamed+bred giga.  Giga had a saddle but he rode the reaper.  1st he tried to go head to head and the giga was definitely gona win.  Then he kept the giga at a distance using the poison tail and the tail whip.  He noted the tail whip ignores the armor rating.  Id hv to check the date.  In all honesty i hope u guys r right about the much larger defense

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Tbh im not sure, its been lik a month since iv watched it.  Sum dude decided to tak a high lvl reaper agnst wat he called the standard official server tamed+bred giga.  Giga had a saddle but he rode the reaper.  1st he tried to go head to head and the giga was definitely gona win.  Then he kept the giga at a distance using the poison tail and the tail whip.  He noted the tail whip ignores the armor rating.  Id hv to check the date.  In all honesty i hope u guys r right about the much larger defense

So few things:

• Try and find the video again. Reaper King's defense aren't high, but high enough to almost match the mastercraft saddle. So I am not even sure if that video was posted prior to that as I mentioned.
  • How much generation has that "bred" giga went through? Thats the next question. Damage can easily affect how much damage you do with it to anything even if its past the armor.
  • Tail Whip don't really fully "ignore" armor rating, only by a margin. If it does, it would kill just about anyone (mainly survivor) and anything, even past shield since that too has armor rating. I had a few hiccups during rockwell fight at its last ditch state and I had two accidental run ins with electrified field. Because I was wearing full flak, the tail swing did not kill me as it should be towards naked character, so that logic doesn't make any sense.
  • There were some test done on my end before. For example, Lightning Wyvern's electric breath doesn't do jack against an uncharged Reaper King or Queen's health when it does a lot against even the ascendant saddled giga, and Enflamed debuff still takes a hefty chunk of health off them.

7 hours ago, Vaculity said:

So few things:

• Try and find the video again. Reaper King's defense aren't high, but high enough to almost match the mastercraft saddle. So I am not even sure if that video was posted prior to that as I mentioned.
  • How much generation has that "bred" giga went through? Thats the next question. Damage can easily affect how much damage you do with it to anything even if its past the armor.
  • Tail Whip don't really fully "ignore" armor rating, only by a margin. If it does, it would kill just about anyone (mainly survivor) and anything, even past shield since that too has armor rating. I had a few hiccups during rockwell fight at its last ditch state and I had two accidental run ins with electrified field. Because I was wearing full flak, the tail swing did not kill me as it should be towards naked character, so that logic doesn't make any sense.
  • There were some test done on my end before. For example, Lightning Wyvern's electric breath doesn't do jack against an uncharged Reaper King or Queen's health when it does a lot against even the ascendant saddled giga, and Enflamed debuff still takes a hefty chunk of health off them.

So ya i watched it agn and i hv to admit i was wrong.  The gigas dmg output is around 1800-1900 per bite and the reaper with 0 imprint is only receiving 373-383 per bite.  Thats a whole lot of resistance lol.  Tbh im glad im wrong, now i can look forward to taming 1 of these.  The tail whip does do more dmg then the bite tho to the giga

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, banggugyangu said:

Wild Gigas, Titanosaurs, Allo pack leaders, and ravagers are the only wild creatures you need to worry about on a reaper king.  Bosses, they're capable, but not necessarily better than other dinos.  I personally wouldn't be upset about someone riding a reaper in a boss fight, but a fully imprinted rex with a 100+ saddle will outdo it in the long run.  The 70% reduction is the equivalent of a 60ish armor saddle.  With that said, certain things seem to ignore armor (wyvern breath is one of those).  In those cases, the reaper comes out far ahead because the damage reduction is not ignored.

the only reason I like having reapers in bosses is they can make the dragon / manticore land, lol

13 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

So ya i watched it agn and i hv to admit i was wrong.  The gigas dmg output is around 1800-1900 per bite and the reaper with 0 imprint is only receiving 373-383 per bite.  Thats a whole lot of resistance lol.  Tbh im glad im wrong, now i can look forward to taming 1 of these.  The tail whip does do more dmg then the bite tho to the giga

Yep. The only thing you wanna worry about the Reaper King aside from charge light would be both Rend (bleed debuff) and Enflamed (fire debuff, from Fire Wyvern and Dragon)

On 10/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, Cito said:

What??.... Tamed reapers have 70% damage reduction. Bro fist is another 33% of the remainder for a total of 80%.  If reduction reaches 100% through magical means, you become invincible and don't take any damage... 120% like you're claiming would mean attacks heal 20% of what the damage was supposed to do.... 

This damage reduction DOES NOT apply to giga, allo, and ravage bleed damage, though. 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:43 AM, Vaculity said:

Yep. The only thing you wanna worry about the Reaper King aside from charge light would be both Rend (bleed debuff) and Enflamed (fire debuff, from Fire Wyvern and Dragon)

Wyvern breath is reduced by reaper damage reduction and bro fist buff. I can't speak on the dragon breath, though.  I have leveled my crafting characters on alpha wyverns with another character's reaper. Alpha wyvern breath is 10% damage. I ate so many alpha wyvern breaths and barely lost any hp

On 10/21/2018 at 7:19 PM, Eds11 said:

reapers are alright im not good with determining strength but on my reapers there really isnt anything other than map glitches or floating spots behind the big crystals in the red zone that can end your reapers journey

Afk next to some ravages while you are standing on top... It'll be a bad day. 

On 10/16/2018 at 9:05 AM, Vaculity said:

Generation of dino is irrelevant.  Breed a 10th gen Rex with 50+ points in everything into a wild tame Rex, and understand that a baby that gets 100% inheritance from the wild tame (between 20 and 35 pts in everything) will still be only 20-35 points in everything, regardless of the fact that it is now an 11th generation hatch.  Generation is irrelevant.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:05 AM, Vaculity said:

Tamed Reaper base damage is 75, and the tail-swipe component of a reapers' damage is ~64% of its bite, coming to 48 damage.  I can not imagine that they would've programmed the Tamed and Elemental Reapers to be vastly different in terms of damaging components, they merely just changed their main bite-attack damage.  Considering this, an Elemental Reaper has a base dmg of 90, and a tail-swipe damage amount of ~57 (+/- 1 damage) at 100% melee damage.  If the reaper is high enough to have 200% melee damage, its tail-swipe, even ignoring armor, should hit you for only ~114 (+/- 2) damage.  This would not kill anything in one hit, outside of Dodos...  But definitely not survivors and Dinos geared and statted out for a boss-arena. 

... And this is ONLY if the Reaper in question has 20 extra wild-levels in melee damage, which most likely because ARK they are all high-o2 Reapers.  :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 7:07 PM, Elea said:

Lots of cool infos ! Need reaper breeding ❤️ 

The only benefit to come from reaper breeding would be the mate boost of having females.  Stat-wise, a max level reaper is going to be a solid contender regardless.  Mate boost and armor bonuses from saddles are all reapers really lack.  (If reapers somehow got both mate boost AND saddles... even with just a primitive, you would be reduced to taking ~3% damage)

Archived