Generally Informative Tips (now with 20 more)

Brayn

1 hour ago, Kubinasi said:

Btw, for #4 (tuso taming) we use a mosa with a platform saddle.

A 145-150 tuso chews ~1/3 mosas hp over the taming process during x2 official (~97armor ASC saddle is used)(ofc you surface with ur mosa after each feeding amd wait for the cd)

It's worth mentioning that we only duo tamed it (one gets grabbed the other one feeds), so idk if the platform saddle is bad for solo tame.

Platform saddles work the same as regular saddles.  Mosas also work the same as a Plesi.  I was just posting the easiest tame to use.  I don’t suggest using a platform only because I’ve heard reports of the platform saddle causing the tuso to occasionally bug out and never release the dino.  I’ve also heard if you’re perma grabbed, shooting the beak with a crossbow will get it to drop the dino, but that would also likely mess up your taming.  So in short, the platform saddle driver can dismount and feed just like a regular saddled mosa/plesi.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tip 1: Water is important, for sea dinos, drinking and crops. But unless you have the defense to take over a pond or river, people will always be near your base for water too. Building on the beach next to water is good for pve, but beaches are always raided unless very defended. Stone resevoirs are very handy as it rains often in the game because long irrigation plans can sometimes make people follow your irrigation back to your base, which can be bad in some cases if they have the stuff to raid your base.

Tip 2: Some tribes put valuables in their strong or weak passive dinos. Being a solo player or in a tribe, killing passives is reasonable if your raiding a good base. I never kill passives if im raiding a wood base when im at that level (having a wood/stone base myself), because apart from the hide/meat you get from inside it or from harvesting it, weak tribes are most likely going to have nothing anyway.

Tip 3: This may never happen but this is me talking from past experiences, we allied with a tribe bigger than us, we got bigger than them and they wiped us. Since no turrets or tamed dinos attack allies, ally raiding is a low move but still happens. They can also nick your stuff if you have an outside crafting area that isnt blocked off. You never know. So be careful who you ally with. :)

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, TIE said:

Not sure if this has been written but I'm pretty sure the aberration dark mushrooms give more topor than narc berries. They can also be used to make narcs but the mushrooms alone give more topor than narcs. 

While this is true, they also deliver torpor insanely fast.  Faster than any other torpor inducing consumable.  800 torpor from narcoberries takes 5 minutes to deliver.  800 from narcotic/biotoxin takes 2.5 minutes to deliver.  800 from ascerbic mushrooms takes 1 minute to deliver.  This is extremely important when taming fast torpor dinos.  If you let a 150 spino get down to 100 torpor and then hit it with 10 stacks of narcoberries, it will take 50 minutes before the spino starts losing torpor again.  Using the same amount of torpor from ascerbic mushrooms would mean that the Spinos torpor will start dropping again after only 10 minutes.

when grappled to a unmounted bird you own in the sky you can use the "whistle move to" command to make it chauffer you around.

Dunkleosteus can soak damage better than turtles and swim alot faster for emptying turrets, discharging water mines, and taming tuso. i personally use a mate boosted pair of dunkleos for tuso tamingand never have to heal either of them.

4 hours ago, Monalisa said:

I'm new here so please don't get upset if this is not the place to be asking this but  I need help I'm trying to feed a small dino and I can't figure it out I follow behind and I've knocked one out I even read the field guide can any one help 

This wouldnt be but ill help anyways! Which small dino? Your best bet would be googling : "Taming X" X being that dino.

Some need KO and feed (most) some need passive feed (follow behind as u said, food has to be in the very right hotbar slot for this) test meat and berries. 

Is a Lystro? Mesopeticus? Those need berries. Dodo? You cant tame those right now due to Easter Event

sometimes the platform saddle causes the tuso to smack the rider killing him in the process. thats why we use regular saddles.

I play pve so all my tips are more pve oriented (could also be common knowledge already idk):

1) make use of thatch to mark out what you want to build

2) dinos can use blueprints to craft stuff in their inventory and not lose movement speed

3) a ladder can help you place perfectly parallel boxes or unsnapped gateframe

4) you can really get on and stand on your giga head to whistle it to move or attack. it will do so with reckless abandon at max stam

5) food trough range are 8 on the long side and 16 SQUARES on the short side. its not a circular radius but a measurement by foundations

6) since each foundation allows you to snap up to 2 ceilings on either side and 1 ceiling diagonally, you can safely add half a ceiling over the edge of your building to create more depths

7) make baby megalosaurus follow something to make them eat lesser during the day time while they are sleeping (not sure if the sleeping drain is fixed)

8) prior to a very early version it is possible to have a wall floating above a fence foundation or a base anchoring on 1 pillar. if you see one of these on a legacy server the owner has been around for a long time.

9) I use the golden ratio when building my base. it makes things looks better. things going at 3,6,9 or multiples of them are very beautiful.

10) because most of the building blocks in game are squarish, its great to go asymmetrical and have walls span odd numbers of foundation.

11) you can install reinforced dino gates in non stone tier gateframes. same goes for other non tek tier gates.

12) megalodon do not attack you in shallow waters where parts of their body is forced to stick out of the water

13) you can build a pedestal on a raft and land a wyvern on it (takes some effort...I usually walk it off a higher ground to land on it). set it to turret mode and aggressive then drive the raft around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great job man.

Maybe my tip will be useless but maybe someone use it.

You can reset spoil timer if you transfer old egg from box to your inv when there is fresh one. Works also for meat and other stackable items. You can spoil meat faster, split old stack in your inv and transfer fresh one from box ( or dino, etc.) fresh one will get timer from old stack then just split it again and wait some seconds for spoiled meat. :) It also should work for items which you transfer. I try explain it on salt, when transfer some stack of preserving salts from SE, on Island get one stack to your inv (from full stack we should only got 5 items) split it and others won't lose amount when you get them from ARK data.

• 2 months later...

Are you the admin of the Extinction 3x w ab island and scorch cluster? Because if so we have a problem on the server, we had just recently tamed a forest titan, but it is stuck. Its hunger is depleting and we were looking forward to using it. Our tribe name is the tainted and the titan is located around 60 lat and 70 long. If you could help out we would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Archived