Witty Dino Names

PioneerPelican

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The names I have planned for Dinos aren't exactly witty: I plan to name my first T-Rex "Grimlock" and my first Spinosaurus "Scorn", after characters from Transformers who turn into a T-Rex and a Spino. The names I have planned for Argentavis include Kentucky, Spicy Wings, Barbecue Wings, Original Recipe, or just KFC. I'll probably name my first Sabertooth either Milo (after my cat) or Kanye West (after my sister's cat. And yes, my sister actually named her cat Kanye West). Once Ichthyornis (the seagull) is added, I'd like to tame a few and name them all "Mine! Mine! Mine!" in reference to the seagulls from Finding Nemo. Other than that I'm not sure what to name anything else. 

Loved your names guys, some of them are really funny.

Some names of my pets:

Cordillera, white argentavis, without painting

Stucker, a rex who loves to get stuck in every single rock

Mr quetzcorpion, my scorpion who likes to fly on the argentavis knocking down quetzals

Skyneck, my pretty bronto from terminator xp

Ecco the itchy

Streetshark, megalodon

Donatello, my carbonemys (r.i.p.)

Got 2 female carnos and havent found a good lvl male for them, so i named them patty and selma like marge simpson sisters.

I have a perfect tame rex that I named, and forgive my french, That fuc.king Quetzal. This name is because after 6 attempts that all ended in my character getting stuck midair and then falling after about 10 minutes, I decided to simply kill the level 100 quetzal I had been trying to tame and on the way home I found the rex.

5 hours ago, Zadira said:

I decided to name them Larry, Curly and Moe.

Nice - and they act like Stooges sometimes!

We've a Male/Female Rex pair that were tamed together after they were found stuck in trees; "Hansel & Gretel"

Two scorpions, one with silver claws; "Pliers" and the other bright red with green claws; "Christmas"

Plesiosaurus but male, so he's "Jesse", our mosasaurus is "Moby".

Our pair of carnos are solid green & red; "Gumby & Pokey".

A pure white doedicurus we have is named "Juevo!"

No doubt, someone will name a male mastodon Mannie, the female one Ellie, a male Saber Tooth Diablo, and of we ever get a giant sloth, Sid.

My male Rex is named Barney, the female Bertha. I have a Christina and Carlos Carno, a Ronda and Ronnie Raptor, Bruno and Berniece Bronto, a Prince and Lady Gamera, (the giant turtles), a Mike, Terry, Tricia, Tina Trike, Steve and Stacy Stego,  Andy and Annie Anklyo, Perry and Patricia Parasaur,  a Boss Hog and Miss Piggy, you get the picture.

There are already sharks named Bruce and one of those prehistoric dolphins named Flipper.

• 1 month later...

I have Pterrence, Ptunia and Pthunder as my ptranedons 

my ankylo is called wilma and when I get her a male companion, he'll be Fred, together they're the flintstones

i had 2 megalodons called sharky and George (the crime busters of the sea)

i also had a carno I painted purple and named barney

That's where my ingenuity and hilarity hit a dead end

my g/f however has a bunch of dodo's named after various ice cream dependant on their colour

Well I have some :P

Petra, Beak Bill (Pteranadon)

Twix, Snickers, Kit Kat (Procoptodons

Ms. Piggy (Phiomia)

Ymir (White/Purple Spino)

Forrest Gump, Jennay, Boo Radley, Dodette, Dodo Jesus, and Dudley (Dodo)

Sharkeisha (Megalodon)

Titanic, Mayflower (Brontos)

Frankenstein (Patchwork looking Araneo)

Raphael (Carbonemys)

26 minutes ago, NovaCon said:

Always have naming schemes for my dinos.

Argies I name after Egyptian gods: Horus, Isis, Osiris, Thoth, Etc (not sure why)

Scorpions I name after horoscope symbols: Libra, Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer, Gemini

I have been coming up with things like this for all my dinos which keeps it fun for me at least.

I do this with my creatures sometimes. I name my Procoptodons after candy bars (Kit Kat, Snickers, Twix) and my Doedicurus after earth related things. (Quakely, Tectonica, Magnitude, Fissure, Tremor) I also at one point named my Argies the color of their body with wing at the end (Whitewing, Redwing, Orangewing, Bronzewing) now they're just random names (Whitewing, Autumn, Crimson, Bronze, Nightmare, etc...)

Archived