ARK Park VR Released on Steam and PSVR!

Jen

ARK Park VR has just been released on Steam and the PlayStation 4 digital store today! Snail Games brings you a totally new ARK VR experience. ARK stalwarts will have their skill and cunning in taming primeval creatures rewarded in this new game, as they can import their own collected dinosaurs from the original survival game into an up-close and personal, full VR experience! 

large_006.jpg

large.40790908051_cea144a27b_k.jpg

ARK Park is a virtual reality multiplayer adventure game designed from the ground up to immerse players in a realistic dinosaur theme park. This interactive experience will fulfill your dreams of entering a world where living, breathing dinosaurs still roam the Earth. Freely explore this grand, virtual world where there's no set plot line or schedule. Join your friends in multiplayer park tours to share the thrill of witnessing over a hundred prehistoric creatures up-close and personal.

large.40790907391_894e8f4afc_k.jpg

Players begin their ARK Park adventure at a visitor center surrounded by life-sized holographic dinosaurs where they'll learn about these creatures that they’ve only read about & seen in books and summer blockbusters. From there, players will have the option to explore multiple interactive attractions on-foot or in vehicles & on Dino-back, including a swamp, forest, desert,  snowy mountain range, and more. Each attraction features stunningly rendered and realistic environments of the period inhabited by ARK creatures, which can be found and captured through use of items, weapons, and puzzle-solving.

large.ss_7b57ef075a00bebaa6bf4961bd9b5cec79826736.1920x1080.jpg

large.image.jpg

As mentioned, survivors playing on PC will have the ability to export their favourite dino (from the list in the image above) right into ARK Park. You'll be able to pet, feed, and bond with your critter in VR that you've tamed on the PC version. You'll then be able to import your dino from ARK Park back into ARK: Survival Evolved when you so desire! 

large.DinoExport.jpg

In ARK: Survival Evolved you'll use the radial wheel on your creature and select Options > Export Dino. After exporting your critter in ARK: Survival Evolved, head to one of the 4 dino pens near the crafting room in ARK Park. You'll see a computer here where you'll be able to important your creature data. This feature will be joining the PSVR version of ARK Park in approximately two weeks time.

large.ss_792f1bc2d8b6b235f240096ca9eb15a7ae921d51.1920x1080.jpg

ARK Park VR is available now on Steam and PlayStation 4 digital store!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/529910/ARK_Park/

https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=EP0778-CUSA10936_00-ARKPARK000000001

Begin your wild adventure in Virtual Reality today!

large.ss_50d4dff3984162021bd573e6542a85b7ace8d909.1920x1080.jpg

View full article

When are we going to see some work to fix glaring issues that have been around since the alpha stage began rather than continuing development of other products? It feels more like this game was developed to a minimum workable level and now the only concern is spreading it to as many platforms as possible. The game still lags horribly, there's still rollbacks that erase hours of work, there's a serious lack of refinement to the building system, the tame cap that's reached on almost every PvE server, etc. Even basic customer service is severely lacking. The TLC stuff for dinos is great, but there's so many more areas of the game that need overhauled that seem to be getting ignored in favor of expansion. Your borders have been significantly expanded, now how about some work on the infrastructure for the territory you already have?

I think this is a unique experience for us PS4 and PC users to enjoy!  I just feel that we need more news towards the actual future of ARK: Survival Evolved.  For example, you guys had mentioned Structures Plus being turned into an official mod, yet no news on that at all.  Another example is ARK: Extinction.  I recently watched a video by Anthomnia, and he showed a Dev-Kit map layout called "Dead Earth."  Two questions revolving around that: First, that's a really cool name, I like it, but is that layout going to be the Extinction DLC's map?  There's a ton of what looks like water around it, which I could easily be mistaking for lava from the Aberration end cutscene, and I would just like to know what the environmental conditions would be like to prepare myself for some amazing builds.  Second, why aren't we getting any news about Extinction besides Anthomnia's theories?  You could at least say it's still being worked on.  Also, your Steam page temporarily said Spring 2018 as the expected release of Extinction, now I don't think it says that.  All I know is that if it is supposedly "Summer 2018" then you could at least give more news on that since Summer begins in literally 2 months.

Even if you ignore this post, which you don't do much, I still beg the question: Where is Extinction?

Edited by VenomXenomorph

13 hours ago, VenomXenomorph said:

I think this is a unique experience for us PS4 and PC users to enjoy!  I just feel that we need more news towards the actual future of ARK: Survival Evolved.  For example, you guys had mentioned Structures Plus being turned into an official mod, yet no news on that at all.  Another example is ARK: Extinction.  I recently watched a video by Anthomnia, and he showed a Dev-Kit map layout called "Dead Earth."  Two questions revolving around that: First, that's a really cool name, I like it, but is that layout going to be the Extinction DLC's map?  There's a ton of what looks like water around it, which I could easily be mistaking for lava from the Aberration end cutscene, and I would just like to know what the environmental conditions would be like to prepare myself for some amazing builds.  Second, why aren't we getting any news about Extinction besides Anthomnia's theories?  You could at least say it's still being worked on.  Also, your Steam page temporarily said Spring 2018 as the expected release of Extinction, now I don't think it says that.  All I know is that if it is supposedly "Summer 2018" then you could at least give more news on that since Summer begins in literally 2 months.

Even if you ignore this post, which you don't do much, I still beg the question: Where is Extinction?

Dude, they literally never gave any news about any DLC until the trailers (or, in the case of SE, the actual release), they aren't going to,answer this.

Ark Park on ps4 is under done still lots of bugs, movement sux, then its just small environments with not much to do.

First play thru was fun seeing ark dinos close up, but that wore off.

Now its just long wait times on eggs to hatch, shoot dinos and gather resources to build another gun as repairs cost the same as new (DILO), the "ride your dinos" that the say is a cut scene where all you can do is look around. 

Don't get me wrong I love ark survival evolved but ? games has dropped the ball on this. Unless you own a pc, I hear all thier attention and better gameplay etc is on that.

Arkpark PS4 I give 4/10 atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance we could have a non-VR version.

Sure you need VR to fully enjoy it, but not all of us can afford a VR headset.

BTW, I completely understand holding off the Linux and Mac release until after you get that Vulkan upgrade to fix the graphics.  I actually would recommend it, and complain if you were diverting Linux and Mac specialty resources to this side project, incredible as it may be.  This is especially so when the Vulkan release of the engine should fix those nasty Linux and Mac bugs..

• 3 months later...