How to disable Sleep Dept

zyphen

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, banggugyangu said:

I have addressed this elsewhere, but this logic makes 0 sense for the following reason:  Nocturnal creatures aren't awake at night and asleep during the day because of daylight or "night cycles"  Nocturnal creatures are active during the night time for one of 2 reasons:  1)  As prey, they more easily escape their predators at night or 2)  As predators, their prey is better hunted at night.  Literally every other aspect of nocturnal creatures is the RESULT of being asleep during the day time and awake during the night time, not the CAUSE of that behavior.  @Jen made a comment on twitter about this at one point to justify aberrant megalos sleeping on other maps, and it's merely a cop-out.  The fact of the matter is this:  If you took aberrant megalos out of their habitat of aberration and placed them elsewhere, they wouldn't suddenly submit to the sleep cycles of their non-aberrant cousins.  They would actively hunt out a desired prey.  Now, over generations, if their desired prey were better hunted during the night time, they would evolve to exhibit that behavior over time.  I personally would have happily accepted "It's an experiment and their genetics have been coded to sleep when not on aberration!"  It's still a cop-out, but at least THAT is an acceptably logical answer to it.  I would have accepted "We don't want the aberrant megalos to be too OP on other maps!".  They wouldn't... but again... at least that's a logically acceptable answer.  What we got... biologically and evolutionally makes no sense whatsoever.

Your arguing in a game where we tame and ride dinosaurs broseph. Let it go.

Archived