Raising Rexes

mortamer345

15 isn't bad. 

I go overkill so probably not needed but have 30 fridges full of meat when you hatch. When they can finally hold 2 full rows of raw meat just try to keep them in that general area. Use preserving salts to help even longer. A full stack of preserving salts will double spoilage time in inventory for 2 hours. Once they can hold 3 rows of raw, go and do another meat run to restock the fridges you have emptied. 

I also go overkill on the troughs. Go with 7 to 10 for 15 Rex's. Have one trough strictly jerky as an emergency substitute. 

I go full focus when raising, it's all meat runs and bouncing between babies. 

Take this time to craft bullets, narcotics, structures, work on expanding or improving bits of your base/hatchery, etc.  When in juvenile you can go and do basic farming of whatever's around your base. Make sparkpowder. Cook meat. 

When you go to sleep, line inventory with combo of cooked meat, jerky, and dodo kibble, In case you oversleep or some irl stuff happens. 

You did 6, so really just double whatever you did for that and you'll be gtg. 

55 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

15 isn't bad. 

I go overkill so probably not needed but have 30 fridges full of meat when you hatch. When they can finally hold 2 full rows of raw meat just try to keep them in that general area. Use preserving salts to help even longer. A full stack of preserving salts will double spoilage time in inventory for 2 hours. Once they can hold 3 rows of raw, go and do another meat run to restock the fridges you have emptied. 

I also go overkill on the troughs. Go with 7 to 10 for 15 Rex's. Have one trough strictly jerky as an emergency substitute. 

I go full focus when raising, it's all meat runs and bouncing between babies. 

Take this time to craft bullets, narcotics, structures, work on expanding or improving bits of your base/hatchery, etc.  When in juvenile you can go and do basic farming of whatever's around your base. Make sparkpowder. Cook meat. 

When you go to sleep, line inventory with combo of cooked meat, jerky, and dodo kibble, In case you oversleep or some irl stuff happens. 

You did 6, so really just double whatever you did for that and you'll be gtg. 

Why not just use cooked meat. Lasts longer.....

Best way to tackle raising 15 rex's at the same time:

- Have a tek generator with at least 6 tek troughs (i like to use 9) 

- Don't raise them on SE for the first time (i'm raising pretty much everything on SE) 

- You can calculate how much meat the rex's eat per minute by either doing some research on the net or litterly timing it (x60 hour; total stacks divided by rate/min gives time to refill, count 30-60 mins buffer in there for farming more meat)

- in baby phase use kibble if you want a bigger buffer (you can use them in troughs too, just make sure there is no daeodon near that is low on food) 

- calculate the spoil time of the meat you have in the troughs (for SE i use 12h) 

- refill troughs 2x on a day and you should be fine (I always refill before going into the office, when I get home and before I go to bed) This way you can be sure you are safe, have done several giga's with a group of rex's this way

And don't forget to have all 15 of them within range of all 9 troughs 

We finally went to tek troughs last weekend, and the difference is absolutely worth it.  If you can make a few even it will help, and supplement standard troughs.  As you get the element and other materials you can start replacing the standard troughs with the tek troughs.  Good Luck on raising the 15 though, I think 6 is about my limit :) 

7 hours ago, Boshek77 said:

We finally went to tek troughs last weekend, and the difference is absolutely worth it.  If you can make a few even it will help, and supplement standard troughs.  As you get the element and other materials you can start replacing the standard troughs with the tek troughs.  Good Luck on raising the 15 though, I think 6 is about my limit :) 

Are you Bosh from rag 44

On 3/22/2018 at 9:14 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

gives less food so there is no real difference with decreased spoilage time over raw meat as it is consumed faster even with the additional 10 stack. All it does is give you an extra step. 

Raw meat is actually the best way, you gain zero benefits from cooked meat. Just longer preparation time. Sure it spoils less often, but when you do the math raw is better.

More information concerning Raw vs.Cooked.

When trying to get your babies from baby to juvenile.

Let's use a Rex for example. But the same holds true for all meat eaters.

I am sure we can agree the roughest time is making sure your baby transitions from baby to juvenile and when at what point you KNOW it will happen if you have enough food in it's inventory.

If you are using raw meat in a rex with a measly 500 weight, you need to hand feed it for 5 Hours 51 Minutes or until it reaches 6.4% maturation, once it reaches this point you can stuff it full of raw meat and go do whatever else you want. And within reason, and you do not get ARKed, it will survive and transitions to trough and still have a stack or so of meat leaft in its inventory.

However, if you are doing this with cooked meat, be prepared to wait longer. How much longer? Another hour and five minutes, or until it reaches 7.5% maturation.

EVEN MORE INFO:

Raw meat; it takes 750 Raw meat eaten for a rex to become juvenile from the time it is born,  less than a normal fridge (38 slots) full.

It takes 4197 raw meat eaten from the time it is born till it is full grown. OR 4.4 Normal fidges. OR 2.1 TEK Troughs.

Cooked meat; it takes 1500 Cooked meat (TWICE as much) meat eaten from the time it is born until it reaches juvenile, just over one normal fridge (50 slots) of meat.

It takes 8395 cooked meat to become fully grown from the time it is born, OR 5.9 normal fridges OR 2.8 TEK troughs.

The math works out very close to this, you will need to refresh your meat in fridges as it spoils.

How prepared do you want to be for the raise?

Never need to go out on a meat run after the babies hatch till they are juvenile? For 15 rexes, you would need 12 fridges of meat for this or 6 TEK troughs.

Never go out on a meat run after they are born till they are full grown? You would need 66 Normal fridges or 32 Tek troughs.

On our large raises, we go through about one Tek trough every 15 minutes, we can go a full 9 hours without having to fill them with meat again. This is during the weekend, then after the second day that consumption rate drops significantly to where one Tek trough per 30 minutes is being consumed or 18 hours before we have to fill them.

Archived