Combining the servers

Simubaya

Is there any plans to maybe combine the Legacy and Retail servers at one point after a year or two? I know that the servers were divided up originally to make it so that new players wouldn't have to deal with alpha tribes immediately taking over the entire retail game, but after a year or two, there should be well established tribes in both clusters. Instead of gradually closing all of the Legacy servers, leave the ones with the most people, and combine the server clusters. That way some people still can keep their stuff, and you won't have to punish your most dedicated players. It will be an even playing field, and will make a lot of people, and open up more servers. Just a thought. What are the odds of that happening?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Simubaya said:

I know that the servers were divided up originally to make it so that new players wouldn't have to deal with alpha tribes immediately taking over the entire retail game

It was not the reason why. It was to let everyone start fresh without all the items/bases that were farmed using glitches/exploits that were now fixed, without the breeding lines that were the results of taming wild babies, etc. And for the same reasons, Legacy will never be merged with the new cluster. Every now and then they will do a Great Migration that will kills the low populated legacy servers until none remains.

I don't support this at all. Legacy was a mess of exploits and glitches and it's much better left in the past until they are all put down.

Another reason as to why this will never happen is that they have already killed most of the legacy servers and people have already lost all their stuff. Doing it now is pointless as they've still hurt over 50% of the legacy pop already.

Plus how would combining even possibly work when there's only one map to share?

Archived