easter event EASTER EVENT 2018

Z1C4D0

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's frustrating not to get any of the events in single or LAN server.

I paid for ARK. I paid for Scorched Earth. I had Aberration gifted to me on my birthday. All of these were obtained through legal means that resulted in the appropriate compensation to WildCard. I did not pirate the game somehow. I didn't cheat. I didn't try to go around the process. I paid the same price, generally speaking, as everyone else. All the people who play the official servers, both PVP and PVE.

I have, however, found the idea of jumping into an official server, on my own, to be incredibly intimidating and I haven't learned enough about the game properly to feel as though I could keep up on an official server. Is that the reason that people on single-player and private servers have deserved being treated like we've somehow pirated the software? Is a trepidation about joining dozens of people on an open server the reason we don't get to benefit from the added bits, anymore?

Or was it a subscription I don't know about? Every day on an official server is an amount banked towards what passes for DLC? Buying it put me in line for the DodoRex, Raptor Clause and then by the time I got used to the game I'd reached the end of my free trial? Why do I have to download all that info if I can't even use it? What's the point?

Some people are saying that there's a single-player option for this, that it works for us again. I've been playing for two days almost straight now and haven't noticed anything different about the colours of the dinos or that there're any dodo or oviraptor with bunny ears, but I also can't find much info in how it works. Is it just for storyline maps? I've been on Ragnarok most, but I did peek in on Island. Where do these normally spawn? How frequent? Maybe I'm just missing it all?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Aislygn said:

It's frustrating not to get any of the events in single or LAN server.

I paid for ARK. I paid for Scorched Earth. I had Aberration gifted to me on my birthday. All of these were obtained through legal means that resulted in the appropriate compensation to WildCard. I did not pirate the game somehow. I didn't cheat. I didn't try to go around the process. I paid the same price, generally speaking, as everyone else. All the people who play the official servers, both PVP and PVE.

I have, however, found the idea of jumping into an official server, on my own, to be incredibly intimidating and I haven't learned enough about the game properly to feel as though I could keep up on an official server. Is that the reason that people on single-player and private servers have deserved being treated like we've somehow pirated the software? Is a trepidation about joining dozens of people on an open server the reason we don't get to benefit from the added bits, anymore?

Or was it a subscription I don't know about? Every day on an official server is an amount banked towards what passes for DLC? Buying it put me in line for the DodoRex, Raptor Clause and then by the time I got used to the game I'd reached the end of my free trial? Why do I have to download all that info if I can't even use it? What's the point?

Some people are saying that there's a single-player option for this, that it works for us again. I've been playing for two days almost straight now and haven't noticed anything different about the colours of the dinos or that there're any dodo or oviraptor with bunny ears, but I also can't find much info in how it works. Is it just for storyline maps? I've been on Ragnarok most, but I did peek in on Island. Where do these normally spawn? How frequent? Maybe I'm just missing it all?

Based on your profile i'm assuming you are on PC. You could have saved yourself the time writing all that just by simply reading the Easter Event announcement in the Community Crunch, where you would have found this:

• PC players can use Steam > ARK > Properties > General > Set Launch Options and paste in -ActiveEvent=Easter to experience the event in single player/non-dedicated/player dedicated worlds. You must enable the event yourself in these modes.

7 hours ago, Aislygn said:

If you're on console, sadly, there is no way for you to get the event. If you want the stuff, you can spawn it in with admin commands:

New Cosmetics:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_DinoChickHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoChickHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_EasterChick.PrimalItemSkin_EasterChick'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_DinoEasterEggHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoEasterEggHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_EasterEggHat.PrimalItemSkin_EasterEggHat'" 1 0 0

Existing Items:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_BunnyHat.PrimalItemSkin_BunnyHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_DinoBunnyHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoBunnyHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemCostume_ProcopBunny.PrimalItemCostume_ProcopBunny'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Halloween/PrimalItemStructure_EasterEgg.PrimalItemStructure_EasterEgg'" 1 0 0

On PC, there are two things you need to do if you want the dinos to show up:

1. As GP quoted from the easter event announcement

PC players can use Steam > ARK > Properties > General > Set Launch Options and paste in -ActiveEvent=Easter to experience the event in single player/non-dedicated/player dedicated worlds. You must enable the event yourself in these modes.

2. Destroy all wild dinos so that they are respawned, which will allow for the easter dinos to spawn. There is more information on how to do that in the wiki.

Yeah, my bad. I don't know where that announcement was, but I definitely didn't come across it till you just pointed it out just now. Still not entirely sure where they are, generally speaking, since this seems to be number 124?

As for the pathway and paste option, thanks. I would never have thought to mess with that stuff on my own. There's warnings on it that it's for "Advanced Players Only" and I think we can tell by this whole mess that I am not one of these. Thanks for the help.

I got frustrated from events past and saw people posting similar laments about how single player doesn't get crap anymore and I jumped the gun, that's on me. Doesn't change my bitterness, but at least this doesn't count towards that. Thanks also for reacting with patience, it's appreciated.

• 9 months later...

Archived