easter event EASTER EVENT 2018

Z1C4D0

Immediatelly after update 279.233 command ActiveEvent=Easter worked for my SP. I had run DestroyWildDinos and all Dodos became Bunny Dodos and plenty of brightly coloured dinos wandering around. I got first bunny egg.

The day after I return to the game and... bunny egg dissapeared and all bunny dodos were ordinary dodos (bright colors were kept). I tried several times to re-set command line options and re-wipe dinos and then again easter specials appears. I played two hours collecting easter coloured dinos and trying to concentrate dodos to one place.

I'm worried what I will find today after returing from job...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Graviphoton said:

Immediatelly after update 279.233 command ActiveEvent=Easter worked for my SP. I had run DestroyWildDinos and all Dodos became Bunny Dodos and plenty of brightly coloured dinos wandering around. I got first bunny egg.

The day after I return to the game and... bunny egg dissapeared and all bunny dodos were ordinary dodos (bright colors were kept). I tried several times to re-set command line options and re-wipe dinos and then again easter specials appears. I played two hours collecting easter coloured dinos and trying to concentrate dodos to one place.

I'm worried what I will find today after returing from job...

I certainly had no issues like that, but the only issue i've found is that returning today, after a server restart over night, the wild bunny dodos i've got haven't dropped any easter eggs in the past 2 hours. Yesterday they dropped fine, got 57 in one day, today nothing so far. :(

I found when I first started this event on my private server, I got the coloured dinos, but no bunny dodos. This, I found, was due to the Linux client not being updated to include the Easter event items. Once I forced the update, everything was good :)

I built a 3-foundation long pen for the dodos, then went around on a wyvern or pteri picking all and any dodos I could find and dropping them into the pen. After I had collected about 8 females and 2 males (and an oviraptor for good luck), I then shut the server down and had some food. When I restarted the server, I could no longer pick up the wild dodos (with either a pteri or a wyvern). Thinking they were just bugged, I killed them off to allow more to spawn. Sure enough, the new ones couldn't be picked either.

In the time since I started collecting dodos (probably 4 hours of gameplay), the only bunny egg I have picked up has been from wild dodos wandering around the beach - my penned dodos have laid some 30 or more normal eggs, but no special ones :(

This seems like a very fragile event, and given the reports from other people, it doesn't seem to be unique to my setup. Hopefully things will settle down if a patch is released before the weekend.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, mr.dhobbs said:

I found when I first started this event on my private server, I got the coloured dinos, but no bunny dodos. This, I found, was due to the Linux client not being updated to include the Easter event items. Once I forced the update, everything was good :)

I built a 3-foundation long pen for the dodos, then went around on a wyvern or pteri picking all and any dodos I could find and dropping them into the pen. After I had collected about 8 females and 2 males (and an oviraptor for good luck), I then shut the server down and had some food. When I restarted the server, I could no longer pick up the wild dodos (with either a pteri or a wyvern). Thinking they were just bugged, I killed them off to allow more to spawn. Sure enough, the new ones couldn't be picked either.

In the time since I started collecting dodos (probably 4 hours of gameplay), the only bunny egg I have picked up has been from wild dodos wandering around the beach - my penned dodos have laid some 30 or more normal eggs, but no special ones :(

This seems like a very fragile event, and given the reports from other people, it doesn't seem to be unique to my setup. Hopefully things will settle down if a patch is released before the weekend.

I think the ones that could be picked up, same in my situation were ones that spawned when either client or server wasn't quite updated, although I did do dino wipe when I updated the server. But I did find that the ones you could pick up would not drop easter eggs. The only dodos I find now are the ones you can't pick up and do lay easter eggs, so I think the early ones were bugged when client/servers were being updated.

My penned ones are dropping easter eggs like flies and they are ones that I had to lead and punch into the pen. 4 females and 2 males, so far 14 easter eggs today and 57 yesterday. If you find any that can be picked up then discard them as they are a waste of time.

So it is not working correctly in SP! After exiting game all Bunny Dodos are changed to Dodos while newly spawned Dodos are Bunny Dodos.

This time I put Bunny Egg to my Procoptodon invetory and Bunny Egg is fortunatelly still there.

Only way how to deal with it in SP is not exiting game until I collect all needed eggs... :-(

NO to a breeding event, you guys totally screwed everyone on our server with the breeding event during Vday, our server was server capped within a few hours of the event starting and hardly anyone got a chance to tame the vday colors, so not only is a breeding event during a color event a BAD idea its a TERRIBLE one.

8 hours ago, GP said:

I certainly had no issues like that, but the only issue i've found is that returning today, after a server restart over night, the wild bunny dodos i've got haven't dropped any easter eggs in the past 2 hours. Yesterday they dropped fine, got 57 in one day, today nothing so far. :(

Same here!
Dedicated Nitrado Server PVE.

Yesterday we activated the event. Start the Server with "killallwilddinos". Could not pick up Bunny Dodos. We grap the up with grappling hooks. And one of us grap the player who got the Dodo which is picked in grappling hook. (Hope you understand my explanation)
We got over 20 and got 24 eggs yesterday.

Then we shut down sever over night. Restart a few hours ago. While doing the grappling hook think, I could pick up Bunny Dodos and Buznny Ovirators....
Now we got 30 and none of them lay eggs. I got one normal Dodo eggs ...and no easter eggs. So the theory that only the Dodos are broke which could be picked up is obsolete...

Restart server did not help. *sigh*

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Are event colors passed on in breeding? if so, what happens if you get a color mutation, does it overwrite the event color?

Yes the colours pass on through breeding, and if there is a colour mutation it will/can overwrite any colour. So basically if you breed enough you could end up with a dino that has none of the original event colours. The event colours are no different from normal spawns or mutations so it will act no differently.

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes the colours pass on through breeding, and if there is a colour mutation it will/can overwrite any colour. So basically if you breed enough you could end up with a dino that has none of the original event colours. The event colours are no different from normal spawns or mutations so it will act no differently.

Yeah my Direwolves mutated from the red and green holiday colours into pure purple doggo’s - until the TLC patch gave them a black ridge, now they look badass

Archived