easter event EASTER EVENT 2018

Z1C4D0

6 minutes ago, TheDragonAssassin said:

I’m talking about them adding giant rabbits that you can tame and ride as a new creature added to the game

:-)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I'm just excited to get excluded from the event because wildcard stopped giving holiday events to single player a while ago.  And no the stupid "-vday" startup command doesn't count, that just boosted hatching and breeding rates, it didn't allow valentines day color dinos or chocolates from breeding.  Single player used to get holiday events, but somewhere down the line they decided they don't deserve them anymore.

So it wasn't just me then? I added the startup command, but I never did see any special colours and didn't get the chocolates. Not running single player, but a private server on my own machine, which has the same problems with events as single player. I don't get why they can't just add all the information about the game in a patch and let single players and servers alike activate them with a startup command.

To be honest, I would prefer if the events were always in the game to let server owners (and single player) activate them whenever they want. We can already change so many other things in game, why can't we choose for ourselves when and for how long we want the events?

I have it on good authority that the Easter event this year is going to be a 3x taming, gathering and experience event with wild procoptodons spawning with a variety of colors. While maturing will be the same, egg incubation and egg laying intervals for non-fertilized eggs are going to be higher for the duration of the Easter period.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, Lancelot said:

Well im pretty sure that makes the event different(forgot that haloween had the colors also). Although I can understand some people don't like that change.

Actually, they also added the Megalania outdoors, which is something new for the year prior. AND the bats and spiders were NOT part of the XBOX event in prior years of Halloween.

Still waiting on the Vampire's I keep hearing about....

7 hours ago, DeningWei said:

Depends on the player count leading up to it as to if a breeding event is included.

DId someone say a breeding event for Easter? We are ready to reproduce like rabbits on our server. We have 250 Rex eggs and 75 Quetz eggs ready to pop. 30 or so Therizino's, and a couple pink beavers. Waiting for the fun to begin.

Read the event, it sounds fun-ish for the cosmetics, but I noticed there's no mention at all of a maturation or incubation bonus (which would be odd in an egg-themed holiday), nor even the regular-ish weekend bonus to taming/harvesting/etc.     It's obviously not the end of the world if nothing happens along these lines, but I was hoping that we could breed some of the "tough" ones this weekend (Tuso/Giga).   

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Migol said:

Read the event, it sounds fun-ish for the cosmetics, but I noticed there's no mention at all of a maturation or incubation bonus (which would be odd in an egg-themed holiday), nor even the regular-ish weekend bonus to taming/harvesting/etc.     It's obviously not the end of the world if nothing happens along these lines, but I was hoping that we could breed some of the "tough" ones this weekend (Tuso/Giga).   

There is a normal Evo event as stated in the Crunch: 

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Oh look, a complaint. Who could have seen that?

Maybe Wildcard should make up some new holiday traditions that nobody has ever heard of. I mean, yeah, people have dyed Easter Eggs for a LOOOOOONG time now and it's one of the more well known Easter traditions in the world...but we've already done it before in this video game. What I think Wildcard should have done is *insert impossible request for a holiday theme that hasn't been done before followed by an ultimatum asserting that failure to meet the unreasonable request is unacceptable and proves that Wildcard is terrible and horrible should be sued for fraudulent activity*

At any rate...this is the story of why I think holiday events suck and developers should stop trying to make them.

Archived