ARK: Survival Evolved coming to the Nintendo Switch™!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Switch_Thumb.jpg

We're excited to announce today that ARK: Survival Evolved will be stomping its way onto the Nintendo Switch in the Fall of 2018!

ARK: Survival Evolved on Switch includes the complete contents and features of the original game; from the massive and mysterious ARK island to the more than 100 prehistoric- and fantasy-inspired creatures such as the T-Rex, Giganotosaurus, Rock Drake and Reaper. Hundreds of hours of exploring, crafting, survival and combat await players as they go it alone, or group up with thousands of other Survivors to explore the island and solve the mysteries of the ARK.

The Nintendo Switch version of ARK will be developed by our partner studio Abstraction Games (handlers of the PS4 port), and we can't wait for it! The handheld mode provides a fantastic new capability for survivors who want to immerse themselves in the vast worlds of ARK fully! With this new version, Switch players can go directly from hunting and tame while sitting on the couch, to forming online tribes and searching out new conquests when on the bus, waiting in line, or wherever they happen to be.

During the Epic Games’ “State of Unreal” keynote at GDC 2018, we were able to show off an early demo of the game on Switch. You can check out the full reveal here:

That's it for this announcement guys! We can't wait to welcome you to the family, Nintendo Fans! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

Wow. That is amazing. It will be a new experience to play it with mobile version. I already have this version to PC.

But Wildcard should to consider a mobile battery runs faster so it would be tough harvesting food and materials. And so many kids to play this complex system too. I would vote for easy, medium and hard modes, so being the easy it work like real human hungry it delay 2-4 hours playing to main character feel hungry or tired. And it would be a great hand one icon like a smart guide wrote: Food and  harvesting so when click them a colored indicator arrows in the screen would to teach beginners the near food and material to get.

And every port to Nintendo Switch offer something new. I would to indicate a Dinosaur race where you can upgrade the paws to run faster. The feather skin to walk faster with less air friction. And some tek gear to use in paws to walk faster and to allow player to cast some shot darts to slow enemy dino racer speed and so on.

Other alternative it would be to contact Nintendo and ask the Bowser copyright to be released in Ark like a fun Dinosaur. (like Hyrule Warriors asked the right from Link from Zelda BOTW skin).

One fun and interesting mode it would be one mode to play into a Hack and Slash way. So the player would evolute, use armory, it would be very nice slashing Dinosaurs and getting each time more strong. Examples from that could be taken from Phantasy Star Online or Diablo 3 or Magicka. How much more complete and more alternatives the game the higher the public beaten.

If Ark for NS easy mode allow me to save me 2~4 hours from feeding myself while i run and do activities and offer something new i would certainly buy it again.

I wonder at what moment Wildcard  would run out of people to handle the game on 5 platforms considering how many things they want to do at the same time. This can only end up with massive crunch and disaster if they don't expand the studio and CS.  

That aside, WC cannot release this buggy mess as it is now on Switch, they would have to start fixing bugs, ALL of them, and further optimse the game,  for real this time. 

Edited by Lewiatan

10 hours ago, ffverdi said:

Other alternative it would be to contact Nintendo and ask the Bowser copyright to be released in Ark like a fun Dinosaur. (like Hyrule Warriors asked the right from Link from Zelda BOTW skin).

Awesome idea, I want BOWSER in the game ! Like Unicorn to Equus,  Bowser is the special version of Rex, or completely new dino, that'd be great.

Or as a new boss, accompanied by Mario Luigi and Peach / Link and Zelda skins for the players. 

But even if Nintendo agrees, it's probably exclusive to Switch only.

9 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Awesome idea, I want BOWSER in the game ! Like Unicorn to Equus,  Bowser is the special version of Rex, or completely new dino, that'd be great.

Or as a new boss, accompanied by Mario Luigi and Peach / Link and Zelda skins for the players. 

But even if Nintendo agrees, it's probably exclusive to Switch only.

Maybe they could allow windows platform enter NS servers it would be fun xD

Other thing it would be nice it was all enemies from Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 bosses cast some of them like Dinosaurs. So we could have a bee and a rhinoceros and a dolphin from dk2 to tame to face these enemies. It would mix a totally wild enviroment with other. It would be nice copy their ability too. 

The fun server could call Nintendo Survivor. So we could playing serious in other server and to have a lot of fun there. Hey Captnmorgan are there one channel to give Ark Survival Nintendo Switch ideas ? I'm really liking to play this imagination, very cool.

This is pretty much a console seller for me. Will definitely be getting a Switch now. I've had my fair share of disappointments with Wildcard but I will never cease to be in awe over what they HAVE achieved and how dedicated they are as developers. This game is a dream come true, and I will always be grateful, especially now that I will be able to enjoy it with my wife.

my switch purchase just got way more justified. thank you wild card. all i ask is make it run well, add drop in drop out coop with 2 switches, and be able to take my single player survivor into other peoples coop games and back again. i hate having to start over when i join my buddies game or he joins mine. not talking about servers, i am talking about our personal hosted games with just friends.   

On 3/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, ffverdi said:

Wow. That is amazing. It will be a new experience to play it with mobile version. I already have this version to PC.

But Wildcard should to consider a mobile battery runs faster so it would be tough harvesting food and materials. And so many kids to play this complex system too. I would vote for easy, medium and hard modes, so being the easy it work like real human hungry it delay 2-4 hours playing to main character feel hungry or tired. And it would be a great hand one icon like a smart guide wrote: Food and  harvesting so when click them a colored indicator arrows in the screen would to teach beginners the near food and material to get.

And every port to Nintendo Switch offer something new. I would to indicate a Dinosaur race where you can upgrade the paws to run faster. The feather skin to walk faster with less air friction. And some tek gear to use in paws to walk faster and to allow player to cast some shot darts to slow enemy dino racer speed and so on.

One fun and interesting mode it would be one mode to play into a Hack and Slash way. So the player would evolute, use armory, it would be very nice slashing Dinosaurs and getting each time more strong. Examples from that could be taken from Phantasy Star Online or Diablo 3 or Magicka. How much more complete and more alternatives the game the higher the public beaten.

If Ark for NS easy mode allow me to save me 2~4 hours from feeding myself while i run and do activities and offer something new i would certainly buy it again.

If they add this I will actually uninstall. Side note, YESSSSSSSAAAAHAAAH!!!! When I saw that this game was coming to phones I knew that a switch release might happen. I've wanted this game on switch forever and now its finally here. I'm really exited to be able to play this amazing title on the go thank you wildcard :)