MOD creation-Crafting stations not producing items

DobriyDed

Hello! 
Just a small question about MODding crafting stations 

Seen all tutorials from the The Wookie and many other from different authors . 
And it's still a mystery:
How do i can make, for example, anvil workbench (smithy) with larger inventory BUT with all items still craftable in original structure? 

If a copy of structure created (as seen in this video ), all recipes in newly constructed smithy are not usable, with red warning about "smithy needed"

Thanks for help! 

• Wildcard Community

Hello! how did you make your copy of the smithy? did you make a copy of the inventory component BP as well and replace it in the copy?
When you go to look at the items to craft in it using PIE in the devkit does it show that way or this something you are only seeing in the live game?

@ZenRowehello! 
i've copied:
-EngramEntry
-PrimalInventoryBP
- PrimaItemStructure 
-SM (plan to change some materials)
-StorageBox .... (asset with picture)
All items linked together acording to this tutorial 

As you see in the picture (from devkit), all materials in place, but "can be crafted in smithy" still red and "craft" button are not active. 

60b91-clip-844kb.jpg

• Wildcard Community
10 hours ago, DobriyDed said:

i've copied:
-EngramEntry
-PrimalInventoryBP
- PrimaItemStructure 
-SM (plan to change some materials)
-StorageBox .... (asset with picture)

okay so the problem you have encountered is that you copied the primalinventory BP. by making a copy of the inventory BP you have created a different inventory than the smithy that is not recognized by the smithy.

You don't need to copy the primal inventory. you don't even need to make a child of it.
to make changes to the defaults of the primal inventory go into your smithy BP and go to the components tab, there you will see the applied inventory component in the top left window pane. select the inventory, and then look in the lower left pane. this is where you want to make modifications to the inventory.

@ZenRowe, you really a lifesaver !
This method  works, all  items now can be crafted normally 

Now stuck in other stupid thing - how i can add modified fabricator(mechanised workbench) item to be craftable in modded anvil worbench (smithy)?  
Is it possible ? 

For Smithy and Fabricator i've copied
- Engram entry ...
- Primal Item Structure ...
- Storage_box ... ( with picture, item where maximum inventory size changed on "components" tab) 

For fabicator :
Engram Entry have refference to Primal Structure (modded) in "blue print entry" field 
Primal item Structure have refference to Storage_Box  (modded) in "structure to build"
      and "Crafting requires Inventory component"  have  original value "PrimalInventoryBP_AnvilBench"
Storage_box  have "Consumed Primal item" on deafults tab  and  inventory size changed.

In PrimalGameDataBP added Smithy and Fabricator in "additional blueprint classes" and to "structures to build"|

When i put Smithy (anvil workbench) modded or unmodded  and learn all engrams,
only fabicator i can build is original (unmodded one). Modded are not appears at all

Thanks for you help! 

Archived