is it me, or new argents are oversized chickens

OttoGrunf

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Then don't think Vulture, think non-bald Condor.

e65.jpg

And no offense to some of the other posters... but really folks , on what planet do you regard the above as looking remotely similar to this:

Pigeon.jpg

It makes me think you've never actually seen a pigeon in real life.

Maybe I should rephrase slightly. I prefer the idea of a giant eagle over a giant vulture, even if it is a giant non bald condor, although I can certainly get behind that idea :P As a birder, vultures really dont do it for me although I do have a soft spot for egyptian vultures and Lammerguirs for some reason. I think I just prefer my birds fully feathered although thankfully the argent model retains some feathers on the head. 

Uuurrgghh a rat with wings.......

4 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Heh, that is quite probably the coolest looking fancy pigeon I've seen!  However, I've gotta say I don't think that image is the first thing that comes to mind for most people when they think "pigeon".

It's like when the panda wow xpac came out and everyone defended it by saying "pandas are really fierce" as if anyone on the planet's first reaction to looking at a panda is "wow that looks fierce".  It's the same with presenting an obscure pigeon species as proof that the new argy model looks like a pigeon.

I very much enjoy the new model.  The game is a fantasy game, and Argentavis is understood to be a prehistoric carrion bird.  Our in-game fantasy version of the Argentavis looks more similar to a vulture or buzzard, only with a shorter neck and grander wings.  And its hunkered-over walk just kills me (as in, I greatly enjoy it)...  Though I do miss the swag-tastic way the old model walked.  The old one was like a bumblebee-bird:  It didn't look BAD, just out of proportion in some weird way.  Maybe it was the way-too-fat body or stubby-ish wings?  I don't know...  But I'm down with the new look.  It has presence.

I love the newer model. It was WC's fault for their first Argie design to be pretty...well...not like an actual Argent. Argies were carrion birds, which vultures are. Eagles are not carrion feeders, they are hunters. Poor folks got misled by WC's not stellar model team in the early days and makign the argie look more eagle-ish. These newer modelers and animation folk are sooo much better.

Kudos to that at least WC. Your team can make some wicked good looking content. Too bad you got not a clue what balance is or how to maintain your servers.

9 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Then don't think Vulture, think non-bald Condor.

e65.jpg

And no offense to some of the other posters... but really folks , on what planet do you regard the above as looking remotely similar to this:

Pigeon.jpg

It makes me think you've never actually seen a pigeon in real life.

Sorry bro, but your picture of the pidgeon doesn't exactly support your opinion as it looks exactly like the new argies. Oh and btw, the 'above' picture doesn't look a thing like the argies in my game. That's just an arists rendition. It's the long neck they've added that is giving the pidgeon appearance I believe.

I like the way that the Argy looks now. In response to the claim that the previous Argentavis model was more scientifically accurate I have to say...no. The previous model irl would not have been able to take flight at all. It's body was WAY too big. The current Argy is more anatomically accurate than the previous. In terms of my opinion I love the new Argy.

46 minutes ago, MegafunaRules said:

It's just you. For the rest of us, it's an endless flapping turd covered in polygonal feathers. Enjoy the bird stank.

If I had to guess, I'd say you only speak only for yourself...I'd guess this because you're the only one reacting like you are.

22 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Mother was right, I should have become an Ophthalmologist.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I am 50/50 on the argy changes. Like others here I will likely start calling them pigeons. The longer neck and the head tuft are a bit much. Beyond that, I do agree they needed some serious help. They were much too stiff and looking down at a wild argy walking they looked like cockroaches. I do like the beak carry ability, and the weight reduction on certain items  will make things nice. Unfortunately that weight reduction now makes the quetz  more in need for some TLC love.

Archived