Kapro's are kinda more useless now

Ulta

I'll explain myself anyway even though this is a pretty obvious thing but...am I the only one who thinks Kapro's are now definitely NOT worth taming? I was already thinking this the moment they were released comparing them to a Sarco, but even before the Sarco got it's nice recent TLC pass, the Kapro just...sucked.  It's weaker than a sarco. Despite the dossier claiming it's faster than a sarco, it's by far NOT in land nor water, it's attack speed though faster, still can't outdamage a sarco, and what does it get ability wise? It can grab and hold small things. Whoopie. And now that the Sarco is better, the Kapro is even well...MORE worse and unfortunately is now in the pile of 'useless tames' list. It's not even fun to use...

I don't even see hints in the pipeline that WC intends to do more TLC passes (I could be wrong but if I am show me to source plox). But I sure hope they aren't done, cuz now the Kapro pales in comparison to the Sarco. Ranks right up there with Carno's now for needing some unique love.

At the very least, they could you know...make it at least faster than a Sarco in water and land, like the dossier says. Maybe even give it a bleed? Just something to help it stand out from the Sarco as something you could pick over a Sarco for your land/sea hybrid tame and it's actually you know...being decent (though the Bary and Spino will probably always beat it out, but that's fine, progression ladder and all that nonsense).

I'm not the only one thinking this am I?

2 hours ago, Ulta said:

I'll explain myself anyway even though this is a pretty obvious thing but...am I the only one who thinks Kapro's are now definitely NOT worth taming? I was already thinking this the moment they were released comparing them to a Sarco, but even before the Sarco got it's nice recent TLC pass, the Kapro just...sucked.  It's weaker than a sarco. Despite the dossier claiming it's faster than a sarco, it's by far NOT in land nor water, it's attack speed though faster, still can't outdamage a sarco, and what does it get ability wise? It can grab and hold small things. Whoopie. And now that the Sarco is better, the Kapro is even well...MORE worse and unfortunately is now in the pile of 'useless tames' list. It's not even fun to use...

I don't even see hints in the pipeline that WC intends to do more TLC passes (I could be wrong but if I am show me to source plox). But I sure hope they aren't done, cuz now the Kapro pales in comparison to the Sarco. Ranks right up there with Carno's now for needing some unique love.

At the very least, they could you know...make it at least faster than a Sarco in water and land, like the dossier says. Maybe even give it a bleed? Just something to help it stand out from the Sarco as something you could pick over a Sarco for your land/sea hybrid tame and it's actually you know...being decent (though the Bary and Spino will probably always beat it out, but that's fine, progression ladder and all that nonsense).

I'm not the only one thinking this am I?

I feel like Kaprosuchus are in the game just to be a major pain in the backside for explorers more than anything, just like other weak creatures such as the araneo, the onyc, or pulmonscorpius.  Getting hit by a kapro while you aren't paying attention in the swamp usually means death 50% of the time since every other monster nearby is going to immediately aggro against you.  Each of those creatures I listed before have another creature in game that does what they do better making them kinda pointless to tame.  Equus are better at knocking out creatures than pulmonscorpius, dimorphodons and vultures are better at swarming players and easier to tame than onyc, and the araneo's web effect is kinda pointless since you can just tame Dilophosaurus and use them to slow down raiders on top of blinding them.  I agree though, the Kapro should get some kind of buff, but I would probably stick to giving it a stamina and speed buff since it is supposed to be a galloping crocodilian.  Dear god I don't want to think about those things being able to make you bleed like ravagers, they are bad enough with their stupid dismount.  Knowing how wildcard works they would probably just make it so that only wild kaprosuchus can make you bleed just like the freaking ravengers.

Like said above, I think the Kaprosuchs is more like a wild threat creature than a "have to tame creature". They are smaller and you can't spot them in the dense swamp area that quick, than a jump and your down :-).  Similar to the small Microraptors, running around in more dense bush or tree areas and knock you off. But taming one ? Na,  maybe as funny shoulder  Pet that just sit in the base ... . Kaprosuchus with bleeding would be the worst .... . Before this happen please Araneo with climbing ability.

Never had a purpose or desire to tame a kapro. They could be unable to tame for all I care. I have no clue what I would use it for.. maybe moving small dinos around my base like a fork lift? I really thought their only purpose was to drive people crazy in the swamp. Speed boost would be alright I guess but would that mean they could jump higher? If so nah I'll pass on that. Don't want to get knocked off a rex while traversing through. I assume the parasaur will deter them now though so perhaps they kapro should get some type of TLC. 

If you tame up, breed and imprint a herd of 20-25 high level Kapros, they are pretty good at base defense. Of course the downside is they keep finding a way to jump over dino gate high walls, so you are constantly finding your Kapros all over the area, instead of in your base.  Plus the ones that stay in your base will continually glitch you with their damn swinging tails.

I am such a glutton for punishment.

I found kapros useful very early on in scorched.  They're common at green and red ob.  If you're getting jumped by all of the smaller dinos on scorch like direwolves, terror birds and sabers, you can pick them up and kill them rather than fight one on one.  They are FAR faster than sarcos because their leap allows you to go super far super quickly.  You can also carry a dino while a tribe mate tranq's it or carry a sheep back to your base.  If you're trying to tranq down larger game like a rex or a paracer, your leap causes wild dinos to stam out and move super slow.  I don't know any other tamed dino that can cause that affect.

• 8 months later...

That’s really what ruins ark, you have to tame thing you don’t wann tame because A it takes to long if you loose it it sucks, B I wanna use what I like not what everyone has to use ark is my favorite game but thing lkke this makes me wish another tame game is released ASAP, everyone needs a dodi an anky a quetz Rex or giga, everyone needs a argy without those tamed you can’t really enjoy the game it sucks, on the topic of the kapro it was supposed to be my combat mount when I read the dossier got one changed my mind ASAP, megalania slow as poop note these are the speedy stealth tames  slower than the tanks make total sense right? 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, Lockjaw said:

I'd say Kapro is more of a PvP assassin and not so much meant for PvE. Of course that does mean actual PvP and not Player vs Base.

I do think he deserves to be more useful in PvE though.

It's what I would call a "fun" PVP dino. Its not entirely practical nor easy to use but its one of those dinos you have sitting around in your mega tribe base that once every so often you take out for a bit of fun. Nothing like eating a few noobs on the beach and watching as they go into full panic mode. Classic.

I also have a herd of Pego's. Those things are awesome fun. Hide in the bush and turn it lose on someone. Then watch him furiously try and chase it, only to meet the end of my shotgun :D

im fine with kapros but it is bs that theyre faster than sarcos on land or on water sarcos can move fairly quick on land and in water they basically teleport to there destination theyre so fast. if they were to do a tlc i would like to see them given something in addition to a damage and the spino water buff that i think would solidify there envisioned role as pvp assassin mounts first off lower the position of the rider perhaps have them lay almost flat kinda like someone riding a racing bike but the main ability i want the kapro to have is the ability to crouch and crouch walk just skulk around like a panther and perhaps crouching adds bonus range to your jump attack just go all in on making them stealthy amphibious ninjas.

22 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

It's what I would call a "fun" PVP dino. Its not entirely practical nor easy to use but its one of those dinos you have sitting around in your mega tribe base that once every so often you take out for a bit of fun. Nothing like eating a few noobs on the beach and watching as they go into full panic mode. Classic.

I also have a herd of Pego's. Those things are awesome fun. Hide in the bush and turn it lose on someone. Then watch him furiously try and chase it, only to meet the end of my shotgun :D

Your evil ???? 

Archived