Spino is actually viable now

RipRavage

Visually I still don't like the pointy spines sticking out of its sail and the new walking animation. I miss my stupid nightmare-puppy! :D As for usage it has improved quite a bit, but still isn't what it should/could be. It needs a buff in HP, no oxygen meter or waaaay higher like 3-5k base, better turning radius and faster movement in water, a better roar, it should not getting attacked by Piranhas, not being stunned by eels/jellyfish and maybe increased fish meat harvesting.

To be honest: the bipedal stance should be limited for maybe 2 minutes and have a cooldown (maybe 2 mins as well). It looks unnatural and feels a bit op...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, RipRavage said:

bipedal buff actually makes the Spino a damage dealing monster, perhaps they may even be viable against bosses now. 

Not holding my breath for this, and suggest you do not either.

Spinos might be able to burst damage more DPS than Rexes with the new changes, but I suspect the Stamina drain will be really high while doing so.

At the end of the day, T-Rex will remain the king of DPS for Boss fights, as they should. Let the bickering begin.

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

Not holding my breath for this, and suggest you do not either.

Spinos might be able to burst damage more DPS than Rexes with the new changes, but I suspect the Stamina drain will be really high while doing so.

At the end of the day, T-Rex will remain the king of DPS for Boss fights, as they should. Let the bickering begin.

If ridden the spino will always out DPS the Rex in bipedal mode.  The Spino’s weakness is that it must be rode and it can’t tank damage.  If you have a tribe they are viable against gamma ape and spider at the very least.

6 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

If ridden the spino will always out DPS the Rex in bipedal mode.  The Spino’s weakness is that it must be rode and it can’t tank damage.  If you have a tribe they are viable against gamma ape and spider at the very least.

They should really let us tell the spino to fight in bipedal mode in its behavior options.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Martellus said:

Spino could roar prior to the TLC2 pass, I have done it several times. I have not tested since, its possible they have changed the sound.

Idk, its been so long ago that i tamed a spino, nearly a year ago, i dont remember if it could roar.  I want to say i did find it could but way to fuzzy lol.  I just checked the crunch and changelog, odd thing the roar isnt on there, but i know i saw it because i made a mental note of it.  My guess is someone on the team was like "guys, the spino can roar already" so they fixed the notes.

30 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I never used the LT button while riding a Spino because there was never any reason to do so. I never saw on the wiki that the Spino was able to roar prior to the TLC patch. xD How long has this secret been kept from me?

If it makes you feel better im pretty darn sure ive seen the roar in the patch notes meaning some of the devs didnt even know about it LOL

1 hour ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I never used the LT button while riding a Spino because there was never any reason to do so. I never saw on the wiki that the Spino was able to roar prior to the TLC patch. xD How long has this secret been kept from me?

Jesus. First thing that I do when I get to ride a creature for the first time is pressing all buttons to see what it can do. If something has no roar I'm disappointed.

25 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Since they said mid-April I hope TLC 2 is coming to consoles in the coming week. Can't wait for the new spino.

Ikr, mid april starts in 3 days.  1st thing imma do is get my bred spino to fight my bred rex and see who wins.  Ive seen the YouTube tests, lvl 1s favor the spino, but the lvl 100s he used werent comparative point wise.  So my rex and spinos with 50 points in hp and dmg will make a far better test.

Archived