Spino is actually viable now

RipRavage

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Migol said:

Any chance you could provide details for those of us stuck at work?   Do you have a training dummy to compare bipedal and quadraped attack values for example?

And how long does the water buff last after leaving water?    And can you push "H" to see what percentages the buffs give?    Thanks!

The water buff last 30 seconds upon leaving water, but stays active if you are standing in water.  The Bipedal stance seems to increase damage output by around 1/3rd compared to the quadrupedal attacks.  I have to build a dummy to actually test out the actual damage output, Im just going off the damage I'm doing to other spinos and karkinos.

2 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

These are both using the new bipedal mode.

A non imprinted Spino with 400 melee is getting 4697 DPS on a training dummy without the water buff.  With the water buff it is getting 5400 DPS against the training dummy.

Ok, so that's a pretty solid 15% dps buff.     Do you have the numbers for quadraped damage?     Also does anyone have "Old" quadraped damage numbers to compare with the new ones?     Really hoping it's a total dps gain and they're not "nerfed" in quadraped and just gaining it back in biped.

2 minutes ago, Migol said:

Ok, so that's a pretty solid 15% dps buff.     Do you have the numbers for quadraped damage?     Also does anyone have "Old" quadraped damage numbers to compare with the new ones?     Really hoping it's a total dps gain and they're not "nerfed" in quadraped and just gaining it back in biped.

Same spino, non-imprinted 400 melee Quadrupedal no water buff is doing 3650 DPS against the training dummy.  Quadrupedal with water buff is doing about 4800 DPS against the training dummy at max, but the attacks were sometimes not registering my mouse clicks or something and I was getting 4200 DPS more often.  I wasn't having that issue with the bipedal mode.  I don't really have any info on the old stats other than these which reflect the actual DPS.

• Spino. Primary: 1.4 RPS / 50 DPH / 70 DPS

Here is the source for the old spino info.

Just now, arrojado1200 said:

Okay ... we know that Rex is the king of the dinos to fight the bosses. With this update of Spino, can you consider that he will have more ability to fight bosses?

That's compared to the old Spino.

Another doubt ... that puddle of water from Broodmother's arena, is it able to activate Spino's buff?

The spino would have to be ridden for it to make the difference, they seem to alternate between bipedal and quadrupedal when attacking in the wild.  They would probably be useful against the Dragon since they are getting a slight DPS boost off the bipedal stance, but the lack of water might not make the small DPS difference matter that much.  The point is though that you now can use the spino as an alternative since it actually has slightly better DPS than the rex when in bipedal mode.  I haven't tested anything that far yet though so I cant say for sure.  In a PVP sense they are now super viable as the get a big damage and speed boost near water.

Shhh, ix-nay on the oodmother-uddle-ay.

In all seriousness, what I'd call ideal, and also likely to happen is that Rexes are still necessary for "tanking" as the spino HP is still lacking.     However (in a nice way to give variety and strategy) it may well come to several rexes "tanking" the boss with Spinos being the DPS.

3 minutes ago, Migol said:

In all seriousness, what I'd call ideal, and also likely to happen is that Rexes are still necessary for "tanking" as the spino HP is still lacking.     However (in a nice way to give variety and strategy) it may well come to several rexes "tanking" the boss with Spinos being the DPS.

Nice.

1 minute ago, Migol said:

Yeah, unfortunately with a measly 700HP the spinos are never going to be tanky in any sense, but they may be good against opponents like the Dragon whose biggest threat is his percentage based attacks.  This would almost always require the Spinos to be ridden though, so the Tyrant lizard king won't be losing his Tank spot anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I would strongly advise to not compare dps between different dinos using the training dummy. It is a thatch structure, and show dino dps with their each unique dmg multiplier against thatch enabled.

Your best bet would be singleplayer with damage indicators on.

I did that too, but you can't get DPS that way.  The spino with 400 melee is doing 293 damage with the water bonus, 254 without the water bonus in bipedal mode.  169 for quadruped attack without bonus, 195 with the water bonus.  The rex with 403 melee is doing 250 damage, so the spino is doing more base damage than the rex in bipedal mode.

Another note, the spino can't move while attacking with the quadrupedal attack, he can run while attacking in bipedal mode.

Good thing i went and tamed a crapload of Spinos on Ragnarok for breeding stock, and have been breeding the hell out of them lately in preparation for this revamp. My best bred Spino so far came out at 7000.1 Health (45 points)/1190 Stamina (24 points)/3,575 Oxygen (45 points)/14,560 Food (46 points)/567 Weight (31 points)/396.3 MD (46 points), and 16 wasted points in Speed. Still trying to breed in my 1785 Stamina (41 points) into the line, and i need to get a 40+ Weight one. This is all without mutations and before Imprint.

I'm still patching though (slow boonies internet), so haven't been able to test how effective my best Spino is with the new revamp yet.

37 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I did that too, but you can't get DPS that way.  The spino with 400 melee is doing 293 damage with the water bonus, 254 without the water bonus in bipedal mode.  113 for quadruped attack without bonus, 195 with the water bonus.  The rex with 403 melee is doing 250 damage, so the spino is doing more base damage than the rex in bipedal mode.

Another note, the spino can't move while attacking with the quadrupedal attack, he can run while attacking in bipedal mode.

...A spino on four legs, without water boost does 113 damage? So only 29 or so base?

Archived