TLC Pass 2: Argentavis, Parasaur, Raptor, Sarcosuchus, Spinosaur, & Triceratops!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Grerook said:

I know that you said that you weren’t gonna do more tlc passes in a time but please update the monkey.

and what you did with all the tlc has been great but maybe you make the spino a little to overpowered, it wins against a trex now.

aside of that good job, best game ever

Have you watched JP3?  Have you seen the size difference or the utility difference between their abilities.  Spinos are supposed to whoop rex hind ends.  That was an unrealistic problem that is now corrected.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Have you watched JP3?  Have you seen the size difference or the utility difference between their abilities.  Spinos are supposed to whoop rex hind ends.  That was an unrealistic problem that is now corrected.

The fight in JP3 was incredibly unrealistic. Spino would have been dead in the first bite, and with or without longer arms it just wouldn't have been that easy to break the Rex's thick neck. Spino is primarily built to catch bite-sized fish, not take down other towering predators on land like he did in the movie. (A little off topic, but I think it's canon now that the Rex from JP3 was a sub-adult.  It's been known for a long time that that Rex was unusually small at only 37 feet long. You can even see this if you look at Rexy's size compared to the Spino skeleton that she smashed through in JW. That being said, Spinos in real life were still the longest predators on land.)

And realism aside, it's just an obvious imbalance if Spino beats Rex in a fight or even matches him. This essentially leaves you with a Rex that can't swim and do Spino things or a 'Rex' that can.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:18 PM, Lockjaw said:

The fight in JP3 was incredibly unrealistic. Spino would have been dead in the first bite, and with or without longer arms it just wouldn't have been that easy to break the Rex's thick neck. Spino is primarily built to catch bite-sized fish, not take down other towering predators on land like he did in the movie. (A little off topic, but I think it's canon now that the Rex from JP3 was a sub-adult.  It's been known for a long time that that Rex was unusually small at only 37 feet long. You can even see this if you look at Rexy's size compared to the Spino skeleton that she smashed through in JW. That being said, Spinos in real life were still the longest predators on land.)

And realism aside, it's just an obvious imbalance if Spino beats Rex in a fight or even matches him. This essentially leaves you with a Rex that can't swim and do Spino things or a 'Rex' that can.

Thanks, that was my point

• Like 1

On March 23, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Lockjaw said:

Now that you mention it i have noticed that the rex was rather small looking in that movie.  Regardless tho, the poor spino has been unloved for so long that it dont bother me to see him kicking butt.  The rex overshadows everything, even the giga, now we have some actual compition and i think it spices it up.  And real life skeletons show the spino was most likely several tons heavier then a rex, longer also means if it stood up it would be taller.  You ever watch salt croc vs great white?  The shark has more power in the bite but the croc has range.  The croc dominated the fight til it needed oxygen, a problem that wouldnt happen for the spino vs rex.  Also pointing out the shark has a weight advantage which the spino would have here.  Throwing a couple tons of extra weight and height leverage into it would snap just about anything, including a neck.  The croc in the fight dominated due to its range allowing it to attack and effectively counter yhe stubby shark mouth.  the same could easily replicate with a larger spino with range and arm leverage vs a rex, with the rex never getting a hit in.  I say larger because the spino is larger and heavier, look it up.  Finally the tyrannosaur in ark isnt the bulky rex, the dossier even says so, so its likely the real rex could thrash the ark rex, then the real rex vs the spino is highly in the spinos favor due to real life science experiments and facts that ive stated along with actually comparison of modern animals abilities and behavior.

Edited by Onimusha759

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

The rex overshadows everything, even the giga, now we have some actual compition and i think it spices it up.

This is simply not true. There are many creatures that match or beat Rex in fighting ability, and Giga is by far one of the worse offenders. It's not uncommon for bred Gigas to have around 34,000 health and do over 2,000 damage per bite, and that's not even including rider bonus or other buffs. On official servers a Rex would hit level cap before he even stands a chance against an imprinted or wild Giga. The main reason that Rexes get bred and used so much is because he's allowed in boss arenas while Giga and a lot of the other stronger options are not. And honestly he's not even king of the boss arenas. He just has bloodlines already established from when people were using him to pin the bosses.

Up until now Rex did beat Spino, but Spino was one of the very few opponents who are even worth talking about that Rex did outright beat, and he doesn't even have that anymore. Even puny Megalosaurus beats him.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You ever watch salt croc vs great white?

Haha yeah I saw that fight. Frankly I thought that fight was silly and unrealistic too, but even if it were realistic it would have little to no bearing on a Rex vs Spino match-up. The simple fact is that the Rex can kill Spino in one good bite, but Spino would need to exert significantly more effort to kill the Rex. At best all Spino can even hope for is 50/50 odds, but I really don't think he would be a good opponent for Rex. Maybe if he got the Rex into the water he would be able to out-maneuver him and drown him, but on land he's just not built for that kind of fight. Even less so now that they know that Spino had smaller legs than what they originally believed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

This is simply not true. There are many creatures that match or beat Rex in fighting ability, and Giga is by far one of the worse offenders. It's not uncommon for bred Gigas to have around 34,000 health and do over 2,000 damage per bite, and that's not even including rider bonus or other buffs. On official servers a Rex would hit level cap before he even stands a chance against an imprinted or wild Giga. The main reason that Rexes get bred and used so much is because he's allowed in boss arenas while Giga and a lot of the other stronger options are not. And honestly he's not even king of the boss arenas. He just has bloodlines already established from when people were using him to pin the bosses.

Up until now Rex did beat Spino, but Spino was one of the very few opponents who are even worth talking about that Rex did outright beat, and he doesn't even have that anymore. Even puny Megalosaurus beats him.

Haha yeah I saw that fight. Frankly I thought that fight was silly and unrealistic too, but even if it were realistic it would have little to no bearing on a Rex vs Spino match-up. The simple fact is that the Rex can kill Spino in one good bite, but Spino would need to exert significantly more effort to kill the Rex. At best all Spino can even hope for is 50/50 odds, but I really don't think he would be a good opponent for Rex. Maybe if he got the Rex into the water he would be able to out-maneuver him and drown him, but on land he's just not built for that kind of fight. Even less so now that they know that Spino had smaller legs than what they originally believed.

The giga is over shadowed tho by the rex because of the boss arena and rage mechanic.  The giga is only good for kamikaze pvp raiding.  Its purpose is to inflict insane dmg before he dies in a suicide dash.  I think your exaggerating on the mega, its hp isnt as good, its close but no, and its dmg is definitely lower.  The fight actually has a lot of bearing on these 2.  Rex is a snub nose powerhouse while spino is a long snout.  You want to discredit a fight from scientists that input true accurate info into an unbias computer which generated the fight?  Exactly where is the rex gonna put its maw on the spino to 1 hit it?  How is the rex gonna get its mouth on it when getting swatted by big claw arms and a larger mouth capable of clamping on the rex's?  The spino weighs more by over 4000pounds and therefore is perfectly capable of knocking the rex over which would be it.  The rex cant get back up.  A simple tank rush which its capable of would end it from the start.  Rex is liable to go high and have its mouth clamped by the spinos or swatted aside from it hands.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

The giga is only good for kamikaze pvp raiding.  Its purpose is to inflict insane dmg before he dies in a suicide dash.

You don't have to kamikaze. Just be careful and deliberate in where and when you send him in to attack. As Magneto put it, "In chess the pawns go first"

I think your exaggerating on the mega, its hp isnt as good, its close but no, and its dmg is definitely lower.

Look it up. Rex has 1100 base health and 62 base damage, and the Mega has 1050 base health and 75 base damage. And their scaling is the same.

Exactly where is the rex gonna put its maw on the spino to 1 hit it?

The throat most likely. But even if he chomps down on the Spino's arm it would still be a critical wound. Spino isn't some ninja master that would be flawlessly blocking attacks and snapping necks. And it would be hard for him to charge in for a tank rush with his small legs and big sail.

Like I said, in the water he would probably have the advantage, but on land he would be at a severe disadvantage. He probably wouldn't be foolish enough to even attempt a fight to the death if he could avoid it. More likely he would hiss and try to scare the Rex away, but retreat back to the river if the Rex doesn't back down.

2 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

You don't have to kamikaze. Just be careful and deliberate in where and when you send him in to attack. As Magneto put it, "In chess the pawns go first"

Look it up. Rex has 1100 base health and 62 base damage, and the Mega has 1050 base health and 75 base damage. And their scaling is the same.

The throat most likely. But even if he chomps down on the Spino's arm it would still be a critical wound. Spino isn't some ninja master that would be flawlessly blocking attacks and snapping necks. And it would be hard for him to charge in for a tank rush with his small legs and big sail.

Like I said, in the water he would probably have the advantage, but on land he would be at a severe disadvantage. He probably wouldn't be foolish enough to even attempt a fight to the death if he could avoid it. More likely he would hiss and try to scare the Rex away, but retreat back to the river if the Rex doesn't back down.

As croc vs shark showed, it doesnt take a ninja master to effectively avoid a limited range of attack.  Ill say it again the spino is larger and therefore would most likely not fear the rex.  In all reality the 2 would most likely avoid 1 another, only over food or territory would they even consider all out warfare.  The rex has 1 utility, a massive pressure jaw that sits on the end of a long frame.  If you know geometry then you understand the farther something is from its focal point the less stable it is regardless the counter balance.  Lets not forget the rex was a lowly scavenger 1st and foremost and a hunter part time.  You underestimate the actual skill of wild animals and natural defensive instinct.  The spino knows how to use its arms and also was a full fledge hunter against things that could potentially fight back.  Do i think the spino is tactical enough to snap a neck, no probably not, but it would probably use its arms to grab and avoid a simple predictable assault and then wrestle its victim to the ground like most wild animals.  The rex cant use that because he cant get back up.  The spinos heavy and tall enough to pull it off.  For either beast its dire tho, 1 mistake for either would spell doom and its fully possible both die.

I really hope the Plesi still gets its much needed TLC... And I really feel the Rex needs a Bone Crunching bite that slows Rival Predators besides other Rexs to keep up with the Spino. Especially since they were known for their powerful bite above all other dinos. Thats just an idea off the top of my head but hopefully you get what I mean. The Sarcos death roll could use some work also to be honest... The single flop on land makes since but it should get a continuous one in water or at least for 3 sec. or so... and it really needs a defense against bugs... The single flop on land would be nore effective if it struck bugs attacking the Sarcos sides in my humble opinion. Hopefully you guys agree.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 8:31 AM, GhostCreep said:

I really hope the Plesi still gets its much needed TLC... And I really feel the Rex needs a Bone Crunching bite that slows Rival Predators besides other Rexs to keep up with the Spino. Especially since they were known for their powerful bite above all other dinos. Thats just an idea off the top of my head but hopefully you get what I mean. The Sarcos death roll could use some work also to be honest... The single flop on land makes since but it should get a continuous one in water or at least for 3 sec. or so... and it really needs a defense against bugs... The single flop on land would be nore effective if it struck bugs attacking the Sarcos sides in my humble opinion. Hopefully you guys agree.

Rex has good hp and that's it, the damage is pathetically low considering the rex had the highest bite force of any land creature on the history of the planet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RexManRex said:

Rex has good hp and that's it, the damage is pathetically low considering the rex had the highest bite force of any land creature on the history of the planet.

Without dlc the rex has the 3rd strongest bite on land, beaten by the mega(This is bull crap) and the giga(which makes sense for arks version of the giga).  Ill mention it again the rex in game is not a rex, its tyrannosaurus dominum, not tyrannosaurus rex.  Its referred to as rex because as helena put it in the rexes dossier the locals were to stupid to tell the difference and to ignorant to listen to her LOL.  Its interesting how they allowed that lore to actually effect the in game name tho.  So a moderator doesnt have a hernia, i by no means was calling anyone stupid or ignorant.

Edited by Onimusha759

On 3/23/2018 at 12:05 AM, Grerook said:

I know that you said that you weren’t gonna do more tlc passes in a time but please update the monkey.

and what you did with all the tlc has been great but maybe you make the spino a little to overpowered, it wins against a trex now.

aside of that good job, best game ever

Spinos are way cooler than t-rexs they are bigger quite harder to tame and now should tame spinos more than rexs cause they beat them they faster more maneuverable and more damage.