TLC Pass 2: Argentavis, Parasaur, Raptor, Sarcosuchus, Spinosaur, & Triceratops!

Jatheish

The TLC turned out great! I have my ups and downs about the Spino. It's quad walk isn't as preferable to me, but the sprint actually looks better for it's new, quite impressive movement speed. The biped stance a bit too upright. It runs like a Pegomastax. If it leaned over a bit more, it's strides could be longer more like the Giga. The new Spino is certainly very reptilian in animation which I'm even with at the moment. I'm sure I'll get used to it. The design of the model is fantastic and the water buff is a lot of fun to use.

The Argentavis is probably the biggest visual improvement. I really have no complaints about it. Just a full on improvement there. Trikes look great and move so much better than before. The Sarco is another up and down. There's things from the old version i like, especially since the colors seemed to change a bit. My once green and black sarco is now a dusty brown somehow. Raptors did the same thing but otherwise look much better, especially the features. ^^

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, you can put "TLC" into the  download? No-name indie games, free games, ad-infested bloatware... it all downloads at normal speeds. But for YEARS now, ARK is the only game that's steam download looks like cottage cheese.... it has a current speed of "0" most of the time you look at it, and it takes hours for something so small to download. I can download 280 Mbps  (28 MB/s) so this 12Gb update, if it were ANY other game (and I literally mean ANY), would take 7 and a half minutes. Let's say 10 to give the benefit of the doubt.... but here I am.... 28 minutes passed and have 4.7 out of 11.5 Gb downloaded.

I cannot count how many times I've actively avoided playing the game because of this... I've set it to be the only steam game that doesn't update automatically and will only do so when I want to play it. But hey, what do you care? You already got my money. (Season Pass and Early Access supporter). 

PS- It's been 10 more minutes and I'm at 5.9/11.5 now... guess I won't be playing anything for the rest of the night while selfish Ark uses my disk as a toy ... just using 20 MB/s of the disk while 0 on the download. Awesome-sauce!

1 hour ago, Droid8Apple said:

PS- It's been 10 more minutes and I'm at 5.9/11.5 now... guess I won't be playing anything for the rest of the night while selfish Ark uses my disk as a toy ... just using 20 MB/s of the disk while 0 on the download. Awesome-sauce!

Trust me, you don't have it bad. I'm on Australian internet, the download took me 5hrs. But, it is what it is, maybe you should have it set to automatically download so it can download when you're not sitting around waiting for it... just a thought.

I don't know if I am missing something, right click is death roll, which does not work on larger dinos, and by large I mean anything bigger than a dire wolf. I thought it would grab on and thrash or something, but it does the animation and absolutely nothing happens. I include a quote from the Sarco information in the Patch 278 post: 

• A grab and roll attack, also known as a Death Roll. With smaller creatures the Sarco will be able to grab and roll with them in its mouth while with larger creature it will grab on and spin aggressively. 

Real life crocs are smaller than the sarco from what I gathered, and they death roll antelope and buffalo to rip off pieces of meat or limbs. Direwolf is hardly bigger than a modern day cape buffalo... Trust me, we have a mounted head from a cape buffalo and that thing is big. (It once fell from the wall, through a flight of stairs and crushed a tv downstairs! :p)

Edited by Ciron

I find it interesting that most of the comments here for the new Argy look are positive when me and the 3 guys I play with all hate it. I realize it's just a matter of taste but I said they look like a giant pidgeon now and one of the other guys said a big chicken. That neck.. just can't get past it. Also, was disappointed with the bug fix list, floating flora fix.. Nah, still floating flowers on Ragnarok. Plus side, I think the Trikes look better, just not a dino I use much. Raptor looked nice and I saw they were trying to 'pounce' me when I was on my bear, didn't work for them but nice try. Haven't really looked at the Sarco yet. Para features are neat.

Edited by ClanTKC

9 hours ago, SmashNcrabs said:

Trust me, you don't have it bad. I'm on Australian internet, the download took me 5hrs. But, it is what it is, maybe you should have it set to automatically download so it can download when you're not sitting around waiting for it... just a thought.

Yeah, well I'm in South Africa ... Download started at 09h32, its now 15h51 and still 3.5 gigs to go .... :(

And no it's not a dial up line LOL

Edited by DirkInSA

I guess "hole fixes" means the stuff I had hidden in false walls is gone forever now... It would have been really nice to have had a heads up. As a tiny tribe on PVP I spent a lot of time hiding things so it wouldn't all get stolen,on a daily basis. But now after months of stockpiling it's gone anyways... probably killed the game for me, a father with work and what-not, I don't have time to lose my stuff to bother raiders and patches.  Anyone know how to get something out of a wall now?

On March 20, 2018 at 6:03 PM, GP said:

Plucking a number of 600 out of thin air is pointless. They said there would be fixes in the TLC #2 and there were fixes. You can say the same thing here or Reddit, but it doesn't change the fact you are complaining about no fixes when there were fixes and throwing around a random number of 600 like a lunatic.

Its when we hear bug fixes we instantly think about the 1s that really matter.  Frankly since aberrations release the few bug patches we had had fixes for problems ive never even seen.  Id like seeing fixes to things that are more important or more common, things that actually need fixed now.  And im pretty sure if i called someone a lunatic id get warned and my post deleted.  In the past ive said something far nicer to someone and my post was deleted and i was warned, for 0 points thankfully.  I believe the rules cleary state insults and inflaming statements are not allowed on these forums.  Kinda like how we arnt allowed to have inappropriate language but theres a moderator (JoeB) whos name basically means...Well we all know what it means lol.  Note that im not saying your argument is wrong, 600 is a random number, could be close tho lol.

Edited by Onimusha759

18 hours ago, IsariaBT said:

Plz make the Argy bigger! It has fricking shrunk to half it's size from the old model, it's looks so weak with that smaller body. D:

I second this. The argy can carry dinos that are now the same size as the bird itself. The wings are bigger now than the old model, but the body doesn't look proportionate to the wings and the dinos it can carry. An increase in total size and a rebalance in the wing-body ratio could make this bird look and feel/behave more realistic. The argy has been spotlighted as a heavy duty carrying bird, it would be good if it also looked like a heavy duty carrying bird. 
Other than that the new model looks great. Love the detail in the feathers and how the colour regions blend. And the flying animation is fantastic. 

Thanks for your time. Keep up the good work!