"When I was a newbie..."

Cowgirl

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pressed y while ridingy tribes quetz. (Dismounting) when I was trying to access radial menu.. ended up walking of the quetz, couldn't find it. I promised my tribe I would get them a new one. I loaded up on narcotics, tranqs ECT and set off. I was told a quetzal is a carnivore. After finally taming it I told them i would never do that again cause its to time consuming. He asked how long it took and I told them.. "uh" was all he could say. And I asked what. And he said why did you raw meat tame a 110 quetz when we have the kibble...................

PS the worst part.. was that I was actually excited to bring them a higher level quetz. Until I found out I spent 5x as long for worse taming effectiveness.

These actually reminded me of one time where I didn't know what the slider toggles were for and I played with terrible rates for so long it was Official settings on everything but difficulty! then I discovered them and well lets just say it got a little silly with the gather being more than I could carry.

An admin commands side note: I would do the giveresources command when I discovered admin when I could've spawned in more with giveitemnum but nope I still had problems with weight!

My extreme noob days

4 hours ago, N8farious said:

I used to think you had to stay in the UI for objects to continue being made.

So much time wasted watching narcotics being made....

it is entirely possible that I am wrong but I think at the very very beginning you DID have to be in the inventory for it to continue crafting. It didn't last long though.

When I was a newb, I found out the hardway about a brontos aoe. My first week or so playing there was a bronto stuck on a cliff and my tribe mates were killing it from the ground by throwing spears at it. I had the bright idea to climb the cliff and stab it with spears instead of throw them. I get close to it and "thwack"...home run. Knocked me off the cliff and into the water. Sad part was I had our only xbow and all our narcotics and tranq arrows. It was before the corpse finder and we never found my corpse

I also learned the hardway not to keep kibble in the dino your riding. Still somewhat early in my ark life me and a couple of tribmates were out looking for sabres. I was on our high hp carno to tank them while they tranqed them (was b4 bolas and we didnt know about taming pens yet). I put all our kibble into my carno and went out looking and we find a near max level one (120 was max at the time). I grabbed ago and my tribemates started shooting. My carno was taking a beating but we eventually downed the cat. Tribmate ask "wheres the kibble?" I said right here in my...oh crap, the carno ate it all...doh. I never lived that down, and It was a long time before I could hold the kibble again, lol

Archived