Random Servers on my cluster?

Skurnickles

Not sure if anyone is getting this but I own a dedicated box and Im trying for the first time to get a cluster going. I added the flooder where I want my cluster to go and the id I wanted but when I launch my two test servers they come up on then travel to new server list but I cant join them but 2 other servers that Ive never seen before have popped up and I can join them.

The 2 random servers probably have the same cluster id, can't think of any other reason as to why they'd show up.

As for you not being able to travel to your other servers, I'm guessing you have the servers hosted on one box in your home and you're playing on another using the same network? if so you need to make sure your router supports NAT loopback otherwise you'll not be able to cross travel but someone connecting from an external ip address will.

Yeah you cannot travel there, because the server does not have the permissions to write your character data to there. There is a method to setup cross-ark with multiple server boxes on different IP addresses. Anyways, you need to setup a unique cluster identifier name, and use that same name for all of your servers on the cluster.

Also one more thing. You cannot cross-ark on your cluster, if you are LAN connecting to your server. Got to WAN connect. There is a way to port forward on your router to get around this if it is a local server. If you are renting however, this problem won't be an issue.

Archived