Big News!

SoTFadvocate

I saw on Good Morning America (which is the morning new for the USA)  Fortnite was one of their top stories.....FORTNITE!!!! Literally a crappy version of Ark Survival of the fittest (SOTF)!!!!! SOTF was so much better and still could be!!!!!! The Battle Royale market is huge and still growing now is the time to focus all you efforts in remastering and rebranding SOTF if you want people to come back to Ark make a new and better SOTF and build off of it, add new maps, new Dinosaurs, new weapons!!!!! You were the first fun Battle Royal game out there and you stopped developing it!!!!! Go back and start developing it PLEASE!!!!!!!! You could make so much money! There are so many great ideas that you can do with building up SOTF!!!!!!  If you are not in it for the money than do it for the fact that fans like me love SOTF!!

With love 

SoTFadvocate

P.S. If you want I can join the team and start coordinating the project! I am and Electrical Engineer, working as a project manger. 

16 minutes ago, SoTFadvocate said:

I saw on Good Morning America (which is the morning new for the USA)  Fortnite was one of their top stories.....FORTNITE!!!! Literally a crappy version of Ark Survival of the fittest (SOTF)!!!!! SOTF was so much better and still could be!!!!!! The Battle Royale market is huge and still growing now is the time to focus all you efforts in remastering and rebranding SOTF if you want people to come back to Ark make a new and better SOTF and build off of it, add new maps, new Dinosaurs, new weapons!!!!! You were the first fun Battle Royal game out there and you stopped developing it!!!!! Go back and start developing it PLEASE!!!!!!!! You could make so much money! There are so many great ideas that you can do with building up SOTF!!!!!!  If you are not in it for the money than do it for the fact that fans like me love SOTF!!

With love 

SoTFadvocate

P.S. If you want I can join the team and start coordinating the project! I am and Electrical Engineer, working as a project manger. 

I'm pretty sure Fortnite is a PUBG rip off.  Thats the standard now at least.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I would argue that both are a rip off of Ark Survival of the Fittest (including H1Z1) since SOTF was published first. Also I relate Fortnite more to Ark SOTF in the sense that you can build traps/walls in Fortnite not to different from Ark SOTFThat said I would agree that the micro-transactions for customizing your character and equipment in Fortnite is ripped off PUBG who in turn ripped it off of H1Z1....which could go on forever. The real point is SOTF has one specific difference and that is the concept of dinasours which honestly makes the game way more fun and absolutely amazing! Along with the idea that you can build primal weapons. All of that makes the game so much fun!

7 minutes ago, SoTFadvocate said:

I would argue that both are a rip off of Ark Survival of the Fittest (including H1Z1) since SOTF was published first. Also I relate Fortnite more to Ark SOTF in the sense that you can build traps/walls in Fortnite not to different from Ark SOTF

H1Z1 was early access released january 2015, ark was early access released june 2015. And then there is Day Z and Rust which predate both.

34 minutes ago, SoTFadvocate said:

I would argue that both are a rip off of Ark Survival of the Fittest (including H1Z1) since SOTF was published first. Also I relate Fortnite more to Ark SOTF in the sense that you can build traps/walls in Fortnite not to different from Ark SOTFThat said I would agree that the micro-transactions for customizing your character and equipment in Fortnite is ripped off PUBG who in turn ripped it off of H1Z1....which could go on forever. The real point is SOTF has one specific difference and that is the concept of dinasours which honestly makes the game way more fun and absolutely amazing! Along with the idea that you can build primal weapons. All of that makes the game so much fun!

I see you hit your post limit for new users, unfortunately they limit new people to 5 or so posts a day.  I get your point that ARK and SOTF are fun because of the dinosaurs aspect, thats why I play it over Rust(which used to be my go to game).  I'm just saying none of these games are truly original, since they are all just trying to cash in on the survival genre craze, which believe it or not, spawned off of the minecraft craze.

6 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I disagree with people calling fortnite a rip-off. As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another game in the battle royale genre. Just like conan and  d&l aren’t rip-offs of ark, just different survival games. (D&L could’ve gone without copying arks UI tho).

On the subject of sotf, yes I’d love if they’d continue working on it, I doubt it’ll happen anytime soon, rn wc’s working on bug fixes, extinction dlc, and hopefully a kibble pass & more tlc. What they should do is get a separate team to further develop sotf.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:34 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

To be fair the people working on Fortnight really don't seem half bad at all and it's a very popular game. They deserve it.

I agree the people working on Fortnite did not design a bad game. However the point is I think Wildcard could design a better and more entertaining game then all the battle royal games. Honestly they already did with SOTF, but they stopped developing of the game. I agree though they just need to dedicate a new separate team to SOTF and they could make an amazing game!!

On 3/16/2018 at 10:49 AM, RipRavage said:

Isn't the game free to play too, like Team Fortress 2 where it has micro-transactions?

As the previous person said Fortnite is a free platform, but just like PUBG you can buy customizable features (which is what I mean by microtransactions). Which I think is something that Wildcard could employ in their redesign of SOTF.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:38 AM, RipRavage said:

H1Z1 was early access released january 2015, ark was early access released june 2015. And then there is Day Z and Rust which predate both.

I agree there were plenty of games before SOTF and there will be plenty of games after, but all I am staying is I really want SOTF to be remaster because it is an incredible game!

On 3/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, Royalstar said:

I disagree with people calling fortnite a rip-off. As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another game in the battle royale genre. Just like conan and  d&l aren’t rip-offs of ark, just different survival games. (D&L could’ve gone without copying arks UI tho).

On the subject of sotf, yes I’d love if they’d continue working on it, I doubt it’ll happen anytime soon, rn wc’s working on bug fixes, extinction dlc, and hopefully a kibble pass & more tlc. What they should do is get a separate team to further develop sotf.

Yes, you are right all games have common traits with unquie components that make the games amazing. I think “rip-off” is probably not the best thing to call games in the same genre. 

I agree with you 100% they need to higher another separate team to develop SOTF and honestly the SOTF team could easily make Wildcard money.

1 hour ago, SoTFadvocate said:

As the previous person said Fortnite is a free platform, but just like PUBG you can buy customizable features (which is what I mean by microtransactions). Which I think is something that Wildcard could employ in their redesign of SOTF.

Oh god don't give them any ideas, we would be getting 10 dollar skins and horse armor dlc.

2 hours ago, SoTFadvocate said:

I agree the people working on Fortnite did not design a bad game. However the point is I think Wildcard could design a better and more entertaining game then all the battle royal games. Honestly they already did with SOTF, but they stopped developing of the game. I agree though they just need to dedicate a new separate team to SOTF and they could make an amazing game!!

I suppose so, SOTFand pvp in general isn't my cup of tea though. 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I suppose so, SOTFand pvp in general isn't my cup of tea though. 

Honestly I am really not that good at PvP games like PUBG and Fortnite because of the shooting aspect, but that’s what I love about SOTF even the biggest noob could win with the right dinosaur at the end. SOTF is fun because you are never garunteed a win just because you have the best sniper or the first to get a shot off. You can strategize and come up with counter strategies. Yes, some strategies are better then others, but when it come down to the middle it is all up in the air to who will come out alive! It is honestly is the best! Dinosaurs just add such a unique element to the game along with the crafting of weapons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived