Your latest 'I've had enough' moment?

Twiztyd

Was on a tightly controlled server and friends with the alpha, just us on that server. I tamed a lvl 135 argentavis and leveled it to 255 or something like that. Went up to blue ob island to get metal, had about 2,000. That bird was the only way to get anywhere.

Next day, I went up to the ob mountain again for metal. Some time during the night, they must have fortified the ob with a L.O.T. Of turrets, because I flew into the obelisk area and was immediately torn to shreds (and feathers). 

The alpha saw the log and thought I was trying to attack them so I can leave or something..so they wiped my lvl 225 iguanodon and assorted 200lvl+ snow biome tames. 

It was enough that it made me leave for 4 months.  I bribed another friendly tribe with Gigas and Quetzals if they destroy my old server alpha. I got about 15 hate messages and 7 “we’ve taken action against your reports”notices LOL. They were under mapped. Still got what  I wanted though :)

Finally got a Indy forge on a pvp server. Was looking for a remote place to store it in a vault alongside some valuable resources. Was flying around on a 150+ fire wyvren, minding my own business, when I was suddenly shredded by hundreds of turrets nearly instantly.  I had unintentionally wandered too close to the alpha's base. Shocked by the sudden loss of many many hours of gameplay, I uninstalled the game for 2 months. Now I'm on single player.

Just have finally had the desire and made the push to do water content. I have been running all the land caves and preparing for boss fights for a while now, but since they added alphas underwater I have largely avoided it. Decided I wanted to buy a decent water dino to get started out with. Bought a decent mosa (nothing great or expensive, just a ~200 lvl mosa). It got killed by a tuso just before I got it to my water base. Reset, farmed a bunch more metal and made a big trade. I got a base lvl 222 mosa that I got all the way up well over 20k health and 700% melee. Thought I was the king of the seas basically. Took it down very quickly into both water caves. Got stun locked by jellyfish and eel and I ended up getting killed. Used every water dino I had to try to get it back. Ended up losing everything including two > 100 defense ascendant saddles on a mosa and a sarco. Bad night. I didn't stay away too long. Quit for a few days to reset and recharge, now I have a good basilosaurus that I don't have any issues with jellyfish or eel on.

I have those moments like once a month.

I was searching for a high lvl featherlight female. Every day for about 10 days I went down into the radioactive zone. Every day I searched for hours. I killed the too low featherlights, left area, came back. Rinse and repeat. I was so sick of it. I kept asking in global chat on my Ab and Island server if anyone sells one, but no one ever answered.

Finally I found a lvl 145 female. I killed all creatures near it and started taming. But stupid me didn't kill everything. Like the spino that was stuck between rocks and the seeker around the corner. I thought it's far enough away and that the stuck spino won't be an issue. Oh was I wrong.

I hopped off my drake and started feeding it. All of a sudden the motherraptoring seeker came and attacked me. My drake freaked out and ran after the seeker. Since bad luck is never far away from me, the featherlight flew in the same spot as the seeker and got hit by my drake. The feather flew away and directly into the stuck spino that was like 30 meters away. Spino killed it.

It was the most frustrating moment in Ark in months. After such a long and tedious search I was so close to my goal. I put the controller down because I really felt like throwing it into my TV. I was just sitting there for like 10 minutes trying to process what just happened. I couldn't believe my bad luck. 

Luckily I found another 145 female a few hours later and successfully tamed it and brought it home.

At the beginning of the xmas event my game started crashing. I had crashed before but not like this, normally it was once a year or once every few months, this was 4+ times a day! I couldn't do anything, I was just fuming and about to just say screw it but I saw a fix for it and I was able to use it, BUT now one of my servers has become incredibly unstable...

• 4 months later...

When I came across the reload bug.  I was taking my high level dire bear to get honey and got attacked by several creatures.  It was more than the bear could take, but it wouldn't be a problem if I hopped off of it and joined the fight.  Except my gun wouldn't reload. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't reload.  So the bear died and I rage quit for about a week.

Well I lost 90% of all my tames yesterday. More than a year's taming and breeding. It's definitely the worst moment I have had so far.
The odd thing about this , I play SP. I was just going about my business as always and when I went past my main dino cage I saw the tragedy.
Empty , just a whole sea of inventory bags , each with a saddle in it. I have no idea what caused it and what happened. But in a huge area of my base all
dinos gone. And this never happened to me ever in SP. Definitely not a wild dino , the base itself and pins are walled of with turrets around it. And with all the dinos
in there I had on neutral nothing would be able to kill everything in there anyway before getting killed itself. Tribe log shows
nothing. Yet there I was staring at a sea of bags where once was my top dino stock. Did nothing strange or add any mods , nothing. A very close "I had enough" moment indeed.
BUT , being SP at least I can just spawn in a mom and dad of everything that I know I had. So I will soldier on. But all the breeding I will have to redo :(

Hello,

@Wikus since you got some creatures left you have auto decay on. So turn that off. I am not sure why the tribe log say nothing. On Official it say auto decay destroyed and I read that many times, made me stop PvE officials. Even with 5 girls in tribe auto decay seemed random at first. But it is not.

Regards,

Ariana 

15 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

@Wikus since you got some creatures left you have auto decay on. So turn that off. I am not sure why the tribe log say nothing. On Official it say auto decay destroyed and I read that many times, made me stop PvE officials. Even with 5 girls in tribe auto decay seemed random at first. But it is not.

Regards,

Ariana 

In single player ? And with me in the base every time I play ?

Doesn't make sense to me. Decay is not a factor in SP is it ? I've been playing in this world more than a year without issues.

I have those moments almost on a daily basis, it's hard to keep track lol

The latest one was a few days ago, Island server was not capped (which, on that server, is a miracle), so I went to find an event Megaloceros. I found a very nice looking stag along the eastern edge of redwood, white antlers and blue/violet body. I cleared the area thoroughly and downed it. It was only a low level and I had kibble, you'd think there's not much that could happen within the few minutes such a tame takes... WRONG. After tame sitting and scanning the area to make sure again that nothing could harm it, I switched to Steam just to tell a friend I found one, and this very moment, literally a minute before it was done, out of nowhere comes a Raptor and eats it. Boy was I mad. I hate these things more than anything. So next day the server was capped again... ofc.

Cap in general and people who play like idiots with no sense of being social, it really gets me lol

Bees...

Bees very often make me ragequit. But since they’re essential with taming (and my tribes PvP necessities ?) I need to tame them.

The difficulty in finding an active hive, their constant vanishing acts, their voracious hordes of little ear-biters...I tell you there’s not a day I don’t walk away from after taming a bee without a sore throat. I tame two, and that’s all I do in a days hard work on ARK ?

Last 'I had enough' moment was a few nights ago when I was transporting a wild 145 event coloured baryonyx back to base to tame up when the game dashboarded on me midair on my wyvern. Logged into find the baryoynx murdered when it bit of more than it could chew when it attacked a pair of high level trikes it landed next to. I was so close to the taming pen too ! Wasnt impressed and went on a shotgun spree of the local wildlife before logging of in a rage. 

I swear Ark just does it just to see how far it can push me.

11 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

My prized imprinted Baryonyx with his 120ish ascendant saddle falling through the map because I got dismounted by a kaprosuchus.  I guess the game decided I didn’t deserve him anymore.

Ark: "I see your having fun and enjoying yourself, it would be a shame if I...."

Man that sucks.

Logging on to feed the troop for the 100th time. Tribe mates not giving a damn. Needing to go for oil to keep the generators going. Tribe mates not giving a damn. Not logged on for 2 weeks now. Probably lost 10 boss rexes, 14.9k health, 505 mel on birth, 100% imprinted with them all leveled to >50k health, >700% melee. Don't give a damn :D

I had 3 "F this game I quit moments", all are fairly old.

The first was when all the contents of our base got destroyed because a wild dilo attacked a wild bronto, and the bronto tail destroyed all our chests, smithy, fridges, greenhouse, etc. in a single swoop.  (They updated so that doesn't happen now)  We had so much stuff dropped we couldn't pick it all up, and watched the expiration timers drop until it was all gone.  We had an enormous greenhouse, and as noobs it took quite a while to build, one piece at a time.

2nd was when a wild giga raided our base while we were offline, killed a good 100 + high level animals.  As a last ditch F U to the giga, our plan was to run up and punch it in the toe, then quit and never come back.  The saving grace was along the way, I found my prized argy, and after jumping on her, I realize there was 1 fridge left.  Turns out, it was the fully stocked kibble fridge.  Instead of punching the giga in the toe, we tamed it and restarted.

The 3rd was when we got our first high level quetzal.  We wanted to test out some of the new animals we could pick up, and we grabbed a mammoth.  We got attacked by bugs, and the mammoth took them out, we though "Cool, if that happens again the mammoth will just kill them all".  Turns out if that happens in the woods, the mammoth fills it's inventory with wood in seconds, then you can't move.  So, we lost the quetzal and the mammoth to freaking meganuera of all things.  After the 8 hour tame, which brought us to the morning hours,  we had that quetzal for literally 5 minutes.

Haven't had any major mishaps since, luckily we learned from those mistake.  :-) 

Archived