Does anyone have a working noob recruiting center?

20GT

I wouldn't use it as a recruitment center, but that's because I would never invite randoms into my tribe...it only takes one bad seed to ruin your base/tribe/reputation. Not just what they can do to your stuff, but their participation in the community. A toxic player with your tribe name can do a lot of damage in chat if they wanted to.

If anything, I would renovate your old starter base to be more of a starter outpost with a few perks for new players. Unlock everything, set up some free/donation storage boxes and encourage everyone on the server to throw in old gear/saddles they don't need that a new player might appreciate. If the base has an enclosed yard/pen, maybe run a small adoption center for unwanted starter tames, or turn it into a taming pen. That plus a couple of forges, a smithy and maybe a few signs posted with advice and other information could really help new players out while posing minimal risk to yourself.

35 minutes ago, Cymas said:

I wouldn't use it as a recruitment center, but that's because I would never invite randoms into my tribe...it only takes one bad seed to ruin your base/tribe/reputation. Not just what they can do to your stuff, but their participation in the community. A toxic player with your tribe name can do a lot of damage in chat if they wanted to.

If anything, I would renovate your old starter base to be more of a starter outpost with a few perks for new players. Unlock everything, set up some free/donation storage boxes and encourage everyone on the server to throw in old gear/saddles they don't need that a new player might appreciate. If the base has an enclosed yard/pen, maybe run a small adoption center for unwanted starter tames, or turn it into a taming pen. That plus a couple of forges, a smithy and maybe a few signs posted with advice and other information could really help new players out while posing minimal risk to yourself.

Sounds like another way of doing things.. I play solo pvp because my mates are in a different timezone and don't play ark.. I can't bring myself to invite people into my tribe.. 

Ah I have the ultimate answer. I'll check out the new servers and see if I can get the same spot on a different server. Build the base but out of metal so the timer lasts longer. 

Use a different tribe name again ranked. That way I don't have to worry about tame cap or my reputation. But still can reap the benefits of noobs smelting and quitting or finding a descent tribe member. :)

On 3/16/2018 at 8:16 AM, 20GT said:

I'm not talking about an industrial forge. Just a regular one.

Plus all this in nowhere near my main base.

Having  separate forges means no one has to worry about others stealing their ingots. 

Plus no waiting which means more people will smelt metal, but give up when they realize it's a grind. When that happens they will log off forever. 

If I set it up they will work it for a bit. 

Kinda like that guy in NYC that trained crows to collect coins off the sidewalk and drop them into a food dispenser for the reward. 

More opportunities mean more ingots left behind for me. 

All I got from your post was a guy who trained crows to get coins for a reward. I'm so jelly lol. I wish I could do that >:(

Archived