Does anyone have a working noob recruiting center?

20GT

Let me explain. I have an outpost forge that I run next to my old  starter base( basically abandoned). 

It's so near one of the easy recommend spawn points that I always see 5 or 6 different sleeping level 1 or 2 level survivors. The area is pillared like most servers. 

I'm sure these people want to play but are having a hard time staying alive long enough to get a bed. 

I'd like to try to recruit some of these people but making them reach certain goals before moving their rank to more than just the boot camp base. 

I'm thinking about re designing my base into small pincoded apartments and unlocking my base. 

putting up a sign telling people to PS4 message me for the pincodes. 

What goals should I set? 
Gather so much ____? 
Keep a set of painted clothing given to them from the beginning to show responsibly? 
Stuff like that. 

Any ideas? 

• Volunteer Moderator

I always set my tribe to personal owned buildings and personal pin codes. Admin only demolish and unclaimed.

I would make rooms for people and they would place the door and pin code it. They would only have access to that room unless they gave the pin code to someone. As owner if they left I could demo the door.

i generally had a crafting area one box per person anything else would be stored in the persons room. . Anything left inside the smithy was considered community...  

Any named Dino was only for that person and had some community Dino's for people to use. I also had a strict you kill it you tame equal or higher version. And it had to be done in 24 hours... 

these were generally fair rules also this was a pvp server too but it could work just the same on pve.  

16 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

I always set my tribe to personal owned buildings and personal pin codes. Admin only demolish and unclaimed.

I would make rooms for people and they would place the door and pin code it. They would only have access to that room unless they gave the pin code to someone. As owner if they left I could demo the door.

i generally had a crafting area one box per person anything else would be stored in the persons room. . Anything left inside the smithy was considered community...  

Any named Dino was only for that person and had some community Dino's for people to use. I also had a strict you kill it you tame equal or higher version. And it had to be done in 24 hours... 

these were generally fair rules also this was a pvp server too but it could work just the same on pve.  

The creators of Ark want it to be a grind for us so the sooner the noobs realize it the better. I'm going to put a LG cabinet, smithy, forge, preserver, campfire in 5 separate pincoded rooms and one bed in the common room.

It's in a heavy metal area so they should have no problem collecting ingots. Once they reach a certain amount and if I actually see they are doing something. 

I'm on every day for hours.

I would also set basic goals to teach such as taming certain building block dinos, raptor, trike, ank, doed, and have them use said dinos.  I wouldn't baby them to much with pretamed dinos or community items, your already giving them shelter that cant be destroyed without a war.  If they are noobs they do need to feel the squeeze and the adrenaline of the the 1st time things.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, 20GT said:

The creators of Ark want it to be a grind for us so the sooner the noobs realize it the better. I'm going to put a LG cabinet, smithy, forge, preserver, campfire in 5 separate pincoded rooms and one bed in the common room.

It's in a heavy metal area so they should have no problem collecting ingots. Once they reach a certain amount and if I actually see they are doing something. 

I'm on every day for hours.

Wow that's way too much work. I had a forge, 2 smithy, grinder, fabricator on one general use room plus a box each. Then in the next room was 6 preservers 4 fridges grill, pot and garden with its own enterence so you could park your Dino and grab meat. Everyone's personal rooms were upstairs in another 3 floors. Each room was 4-6 squares most of them opted to use smithys for storage. 

No way would I make all that stuff for a new person I'd let them grind to begin with. That's just me though. 

I'm not talking about an industrial forge. Just a regular one.

Plus all this in nowhere near my main base.

Having  separate forges means no one has to worry about others stealing their ingots. 

Plus no waiting which means more people will smelt metal, but give up when they realize it's a grind. When that happens they will log off forever. 

If I set it up they will work it for a bit. 

Kinda like that guy in NYC that trained crows to collect coins off the sidewalk and drop them into a food dispenser for the reward. 

More opportunities mean more ingots left behind for me. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, 20GT said:

I'm not talking about an industrial forge. Just a regular one.

Plus all this in nowhere near my main base.

Having  separate forges means no one has to worry about others stealing their ingots. 

Plus no waiting which means more people will smelt metal, but give up when they realize it's a grind. When that happens they will log off forever. 

If I set it up they will work it for a bit. 

Kinda like that guy in NYC that trained crows to collect coins off the sidewalk and drop them into a food dispenser for the reward. 

More opportunities mean more ingots left behind for me. 

Oh haha yeah I was thinking industrial forge for some reason... I will wake up sometime this morning.:cappa:

23 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

and how do you deal with tribe mates c4 your gates and pretend they dont know what happened?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, OttoGrunf said:

and how do you deal with tribe mates c4 your gates and pretend they dont know what happened?

You can't. If someone wants to grief you they will find a way. This limits the damage imo. It's usually not too hard to figure out who's griefing you in a tribe and you kick that person. But nothing is fool proof in ark. 

PROBLEM:

With the lower ranks, how do I stop them from accessing each other's rooms if they are in my tribe? If they are not in the tribe yet pincodes will keep them honest but then they won't have the tribes beds to spawn into when they die? 

I thought I saw a setting for pincodes within the tribe but that will affect everyone. 

2 minutes ago, 20GT said:

PROBLEM:

With the lower ranks, how do I stop them from accessing each other's rooms if they are in my tribe? If they are not in the tribe yet pincodes will keep them honest but then they won't have the tribes beds to spawn into when they die? 

I thought I saw a setting for pincodes within the tribe but that will affect everyone. 

Maybe the @Captnmorgan option.. Give them the door to place and to set the pincode for their room.. 

Yes it sounds good but in hindsight. It's not going to work out well in a different way. 

Yes getting free Ingots would be nice. Helping people is nice. 

But the more I think about it. If I help ask them to start their own tribe they are going to want to tame dinos and we keep fluctuating on and off tame cap. 

From the rest of the servers view point my recruitment center will be a point of contention. Plus I'm just adding to my own frustration when getting the last of my Kibblers. 

Archived