ARK is coming to mobile. what are your thoughts?

mackyishere

If the mobile version runs as well as the video implies, can it be back-port to PC please.  I'd love to have that frame rate in the steam version :-)

Have to say this is making further frustrated with Ark/WC/Snail.  As much as I love Ark and like most of the folks I've interacted with who work at WC, until the game I paid money for is fixed to a degree that it's actually on par with other games released games that I have paid for WC/Snail/War Drum Studios/etc are not going to get another cent from me.  Same with PixArk and VR Ark.

I bought Scorched Earth to help support WC and help make sure that they had the funds to continue to make Ark and bring it to a level that is on par with other games of this price and time spent on developing it.  When Aberration came I held out from purchasing it, still waiting for the core Ark game to improve performance, crashes, game mechanics, etc, it still did not to a final retail released state of how games should be fixed and major bugs are still not fixed and at times ignored.  We (us players/consumers) have unfortunately conditioned WC/Snail (heck even other game companies now) that so long as they make it "good enough" they can keep getting money from us and so they continue their current way of working and doing things.

Now we get a new way to spend our money on Ark without the game being to an actual finished point.  As much as I've put up with it to a degree in the past this really irks me.  And though you can tell me that this is a different company, you cannot tell me that WC and/or Snail are not involved at all with their time, resources and money wasn't spent from one of those companies to help make this game possible.  Money/time/resources that should be spent getting the resources to make Ark a finalized retail released game that players have already paid for and were told we would get.

I know WildCard has the vision to make great games in the future, but if this is how things work there and continue to work there I'm pretty sure I cannot in good conscious spend more money for any of this.  I love this game, perhaps a bit too much, but this really puts a damper on the game I enjoy.

You've got me mostly addicted to Ark, even with all the major issues that still exist.  I honestly wish you at WC (and War Game Studios) all the best for the future, I do want you to succeed in your future.

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Survivor

Honestly I signed up, but in my opinion I think WC should focus on Console and PC and fix the bugs and such before opening the game up on another platform. If WC decides to go through with this then they have a high chance of digging themselves deeper in mountains of bugs/glitches that they'll have to fix. It is exciting though to think about playing Ark on Mobile and I think its a very good idea overall. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Remote said:

Honestly I signed up, but in my opinion I think WC should focus on Console and PC and fix the bugs and such before opening the game up on another platform. If WC decides to go through with this then they have a high chance of digging themselves deeper in mountains of bugs/glitches that they'll have to fix. It is exciting though to think about playing Ark on Mobile and I think its a very good idea overall. 

Wildcard are not developing this, War Drum Studios is.

Got ark late last year and love it, despite the glitches that kill me. Spent 4 real days trying to build out of a crevice in single player as I was lowish lvl but had decent stuff I couldn’t get back.

super excited to play on my phone, hoping they take into account the drop in drop out nature of mobile gaming. Will it be glitchy, we’ll of course it’s a beta that’s what we’re signing up for :) Well I am! / have

Archived