Z Plants Ruined

Userforce

GG to WC devs for making the horrible decision to introduce MORE monotony on the glitchy, laggy Aberration map. 

Instead of focusing resources on fixing undermeshing and stuck dinos, which were supposedly "fixed" a month ago, you decided to nerf one of the best design aspects of Aberration (Z Plants) so far, IN ONE GO AND PROBABLY ZERO TESTING, so as to make Z Plants worse than meat spamming, and effectively useless. 

#quitArk #runbyidiots

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89

Edit: This nerf clearly favours the defender now dinos heal at a slower rate.

I’m pretty sure there have been many complaints about raiders insta-healing their bullet soakers, so this is direct action taken.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

This nerf clearly favours the defender now dinos only heal up to 80% of their max HP (my interpretation of the 80 cap), and at a slower rate.

No, the cap is 80 hp per second. If you have a dino with 100k health, 0.33% would be regenerating at 330 health/s but is capped at 80 instead.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

No, the cap is 80 hp per second. If you have a dino with 100k health, 0.33% would be regenerating at 330 health/s but is capped at 80 instead.

My bad. So if the max HP isn’t capped at 80%, what’s the problem?

You now have to wait longer between healing intervals when soaking bullets.

Just now, DJRone89 said:

My bad. So if the max HP isn’t capped at 80%, what’s the problem?

You now have to wait longer between healing intervals when soaking bullets.

I think his problem is that he can't get instant regen of thousands of hp like the old plant did.

This begs the discussion though, since plant z have been nerfed so much, maybe grown plant zs should have a healing effect too. I feel like it's in a mich better place with this change, and makes tankier dinos relevant when fighting queens.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I think his problem is that he can't get instant regen of thousands of hp like the old plant did.

Clearly some people have never questioned how OP they were before, considering this is the second nerf.

I’m all about balance which is why I don’t allow some overrides on my unofficial cluster if given the option. Prime example would be if the flyer nerf was given an ini to revert the change, I’d ignore it and leave it be.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Clearly some people have never questioned how OP they were before, considering this is the second nerf.

I’m all about balance which is why I don’t allow some overrides on my unofficial cluster if given the option. Prime example would be if the flyer nerf was given an ini to revert the change, I’d ignore it and leave it be.

Honestly it really was op. I never questioned it until I did 6 hours of queen hunting. My reaper would have died 10 times over. Glad I pumped some hp on it now.

6 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This begs the discussion though, since plant z have been nerfed so much, maybe grown plant zs should have a healing effect too. I feel like it's in a mich better place with this change, and makes tankier dinos relevant when fighting queens.

I agree with this. Being able to plant them where you need the healing effect would be great for defending. It would be limited for quantities And effects wouldn't stack of course. Maybe deploys flash bangs towards near by enemy as Well?  

Just now, GeneralBigBear said:

I agree with this. Being able to plant them where you need the healing effect would be great for defending. It would be limited for quantities And effects wouldn't stack of course. Maybe deploys flash bangs towards near by enemy as Well?  

Hmm yea!

And it could be balanced by using fertilizer much like daeodon uses food for healing. It would be a plant, stationary version of the hellpig.

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Honestly it really was op. I never questioned it until I did 6 hours of queen hunting. My reaper would have died 10 times over. Glad I pumped some hp on it now.

Aberration is supposed to be, according to the story lore, an ascension map. It should remain challenging, and this is a step in the right direction because allowing a quick breather at the nearest plant Z does take that survival away a bit.

However, this is just my first thoughts on it so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the community reacts. I’ll be scouring r/PlayArk for some #badarkart on this change because someone else will likely have a gripe with it.

This isn't a well thought nerf.  They nerfed it by 1000% at least.  WITH NO TESTING.  

Some idiot in a coding hole was just like, ya, lets make it this number instead!  So now your dino goes from healing around 3.3% to .3% per tick.  You can literally heal more health by spamming raw meat now.  So we're back to the dark ages on tedious, monotonous bullsh%t on Aberration, which is already a glitched, laggy experience, but made SO much better by Zplants.  

Just think how much more time you're going to waste healing things up, how many more dinos you're going to potentially lose, when undermesh stuck dinos are still a HUGE issue.  

Just now, Userforce said:

This isn't a well thought nerf.  They nerfed it by 1000% at least.  WITH NO TESTING.  

Some idiot in a coding hole was just like, ya, lets make it this number instead!  So now your dino goes from healing around 33% to .3% per tick.  You can literally heal more health by spamming raw meat now.  So we're back to the dark ages on tedious, monotonous bullsh%t on Aberration, which is already a glitched, laggy experience, but made SO much better by Zplants.  

Just think how much more time you're going to waste healing things up, how many more dinos you're going to potentially lose, when undermesh stuck dinos are still a HUGE issue.  

You failed to see my point that this patch ALSO addresses undermeshing.

Also, maybe you could try meat spamming while the plant effect is on. Also think about it. 80 hp per tick. Thats very solid, considering raw meat gives 5. Its literally 16 raw meat per tick, while raw meat imposes a cooldown or 0.1s per meat.

1 minute ago, Userforce said:

Some idiot in a coding hole was just like, ya, lets make it this number instead!  So now your dino goes from healing around 33% to .3% per tick.  You can literally heal more health by spamming raw meat now.  So we're back to the dark ages on tedious, monotonous bullsh%t on Aberration, which is already a glitched, laggy experience, but made SO much better by Zplants.  

Well I never relied on them at all and honesly never got them to work and I managed just fine. If you'e getting too beat up, go home rethink your strategy and try again. You shouldn't be riding plant to plant raiding noobs and farming queens for 44 hrs a week. I see literally no reason to be upset unless your old tactics no longer work. 

As  wazz stated it heals faster than meat spamming, so really again no game breaking issue with it....unless you abused it. 

It was a great nerf, now relearn to survive.

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

You failed to see my point that this patch ALSO addresses undermeshing.

Also, maybe you could try meat spamming while the plant effect is on. Also think about it. 80 hp per tick. Thats very solid, considering raw meat gives 5. Its literally 16 raw meat per tick, while raw meat imposes a cooldown or 0.1s per meat.

It's 80 per tick IF you have a dino with 24,000 hp.   The break point for equaling meat healing is @ 15,000 hp.  So on a map that's already a chore to farm meat, you're going to be wasting much more of it during runs, just to keep your dinos alive. 

Also, refer back to patch notes from 278.0 -- "Fixed a case where certain creatures would get stuck under the map/inside the map when colliding with larger creatures (most noticeably seen the Rock Drake and Basilisk)"  

Guess what? A month later and dinos are still getting stuck!

24 minutes ago, Userforce said:

It's 80 per tick IF you have a dino with 24,000 hp.   The break point for equaling meat healing is @ 15,000 hp.  So on a map that's already a chore to farm meat, you're going to be wasting much more of it during runs, just to keep your dinos alive. 

Also, refer back to patch notes from 278.0 -- "Fixed a case where certain creatures would get stuck under the map/inside the map when colliding with larger creatures (most noticeably seen the Rock Drake and Basilisk)"  

Thats not undermeshing, please be more accurate... 

Plant Z heal now. But now its not broken OP. And its better than meat spam.

4 hours ago, Userforce said:

So it would apply to most reapers/crabs/drakes/paracers, you know the dinos you use for tanking turrets anyway.  If you are having a hard time farming meat on AB maybe you should just go back to the island or Rag, you know the easy maps.

5 hours ago, Userforce said:

Is this a thread about dinos getting stuck or the Plant Z rebalance?

If it's about Plant Z rebalances, I don't recommend spending too much time fighting it. I've been wrong before, but I'm confident that it is HIGHLY unlikely this balance change will be rolled back. That might be a blow to people who favor convenience and comfort over balance and challenge, but they'll just have to get over it or move to servers that place a larger emphasis on convenience. 

If it's about dinos getting stuck, then I apologize for changing the subject.

I think PVE'ers are more frustrated that once again, this game is nerfed because a few PVP'ers cried on reddit.  Instead of balancing the game out for pvp vs pve (which they could do based on server flags), they kowtow to a vocal minority.  I basically have to hump the plant on my reaper to get the heal to even trigger now.  That's not awesome.  Yes, Plant Species Z was a little crazy, and no I never killed mobs while soaking plant species heals, but it would be nice if for once we pve'ers didn't suffer because reddit.

I'd like a saddle for my reaper now. Maybe I should make a reddit post.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Wasabolito said:

I think PVE'ers are more frustrated that once again, this game is nerfed because a few PVP'ers cried on reddit.

Why was it nerfed for a mode over another? I mean, if the plants were OP on PvP, they were also OP on PvE. The difference is that wild creatures cannot voice their opinion on how OP they were unlike defenders on PvP. The speed at which they were healing was simply ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Dinos are electrons.  They don't have any opinion at all.  That's a silly argument.  There's a difference between 'difficult' and 'quality of life'.  Taking 5 minutes to heal isn't difficult.  It's annoying. And let's be real.  If you're using a stego to to soak somebody's offline turrets and then go to a plant to heal, the additional 5 minutes isn't going to save most people's bases anyway.

55 minutes ago, Wasabolito said:

Dinos are electrons.  They don't have any opinion at all.  That's a silly argument.  There's a difference between 'difficult' and 'quality of life'.  Taking 5 minutes to heal isn't difficult.  It's annoying. And let's be real.  If you're using a stego to to soak somebody's offline turrets and then go to a plant to heal, the additional 5 minutes isn't going to save most people's bases anyway.

Okay... what I think you fail to understand in your desire to not have PVE balance affected by PVP considerations... is that if you got your wish PVE would end up being nerfed significantly more. 

The main challenge on a PVP server is the other players.

The main challenge on a PVE server is the environment.

This would likely include limiting freely usable healing mechanics to a much greater degree, as they simply wouldn't be needed as much and would detract from the survival aspect of the game.  If you expect them to double the workload balancing PVE and PVP separately, you can confidently bet that the relative safety you currently enjoy on official PVE servers would be far more strictly balanced to provide at least a modicum of challenge so as to justify those efforts.

Personally, I wouldn't find that to be a bad thing... but I suspect that you would be more than a little unhappy at the result.

So, in short, be careful what you wish for.  You might get it.

I agree the Plant Z nerf was needed it was heavily OP in the healing aspect when it came to PVP players and content. But every Nerf they introduce effects the PVE Base as well alot which dont really make balances that are intended for PVP combat and game-play. Introducing these to PVE in itself is kinda a Drain because both games Run on Different Aspects. Plants Helped heaps in Saving a drake that had been pushed into the Mesh being battered only for the Plant Z to be its only saving Grace. it Was OP but for me i think the Nerf that bad to PVE makes them pretty Pointless killing one of the Selling points Aberration Has.

Plant should at least a little more kick For PVE base because you cant abuse it in the Same sense (to some degree) that it can be with PVP players. PVE its mostly used for Egg farming and Queen (i used this method to help me Farm Queen easier though i despawn them mostly so i dont really think its that much a deal Queen Farming). PVE in itself needs Far more challenging aspects for end Game. once you hit end game on any map, get boring Really Quick. But Aber is still suffering with stupid mesh bugs. a new bug was introduced with the Wing suits attached to Haz, NOW break them instantly on contact of element Water... again. this has cost me a lot of drakes due to how Squishy they are without a rider. 

i get the Nerf for PVP aspect, but when the Map is still as buggy and pushing and even having new bugs introduced.... its starting to affect more than just your Push to play when you cant heal to recover from a said incident. It just Healped heaps Recovering from those Bugs, Again i agree it was OP far to much even for PVE but it should still have some Play. Given the idea is to Balance it, Red on Aber can be very Challenging in the Wrong conditions, Taking in the Bugs and for our Server at least BAD lag.

Archived