Rock Drake Question

catnip

On 3/14/2018 at 7:59 AM, banggugyangu said:

Despite the fact that it only glides, the rock drake, once proper glide control is learned, is by far the fastest transport on all maps. 

In some instances, yes. However that depends on the terrain you're traversing. For long distance roundtrips, it's not always the fastest or best choice.

19 minutes ago, Ascendant said:

In some instances, yes. However that depends on the terrain you're traversing. For long distance roundtrips, it's not always the fastest or best choice.

I disagree I think the only map where the terrain hinders it really is abb and it’s the fastest thing there. All the other maps are a lot more open it’s easier to travel long distance by Drake than it is by wyv just don’t glide through trees to much 

51 minutes ago, Ascendant said:

Yeah... If you think this, you clearly haven't learned proper glide control. The only time terrain slows you down on a drake (not included glitch ing and lag) is when you are going through an area with thick destructible tree coverage. 

4 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Yeah... If you think this, you clearly haven't learned proper glide control. The only time terrain slows you down on a drake (not included glitch ing and lag) is when you are going through an area with thick destructible tree coverage. 

Funny how you say I must not know how to use a rock drake, and then immediately turn around and prove my point. Thick tree coverage isn't the only terrain where a rock drake is slower, either.

Rose-tinted glasses and all that...

1 hour ago, Ascendant said:

Funny how you say I must not know how to use a rock drake, and then immediately turn around and prove my point. Thick tree coverage isn't the only terrain where a rock drake is slower, either.

Rose-tinted glasses and all that...

It's not rose-colored glasses.  I know the faults of the drakes.  That doesn't change the fact that they're the fastest player transport in the game.  The other thing,  in EVERY instance of thick destructible tree coverage, you can go around the foliage and still get to your destination faster than literally every flier in the game.  I didn't say you don't know how to use a drake.  I said you apparently don't know proper glide control.  There's a difference with utilization and mastery.  Fliers have a lower skill cap in their transportation methods than drakes, but drakes will always get you there faster if you know what to do.

On 14/03/2018 at 6:59 AM, banggugyangu said:

Despite the fact that it only glides, the rock drake, once proper glide control is learned, is by far the fastest transport on all maps. 

Agreed. I can typically glide almost anywhere on rag from my base in one glide. Castle to the west coast of the highlands or blue ob. Ice cave drop hunting made easy too. 

To OP once you get your drake you'll never wanna fly anything again. Besides a wyvern and if you pick up aberration later on your  already set haha. 

Archived