2x Maturation Events Becoming Less Frequent?

ambitiousdave

Hello all, 

Does anyone know if 2x maturation events (non- holiday occasions) are becoming less frequent than in past months? 

If so, have the developers announced why they're made this decision?

I started Ark two months ago and my friends who have been playing for years say there used to be more frequent 2x maturation events. 

I didn't have an incubation center and therefore wasn't ready during the Valentine's event. 

I guess I'll be hand feeding a giga for 28 hours. Thankful for coffee. 

They made the decision because it exacerbated over-breeding for mutations, which resulted in servers dino-capping in incredibly short periods of time.  I am a breeder, and quite frankly, I'm ok with this decision, as I'd rather have slower breeding than a tame capped server.  Use the Crumplecorn Breeding Calculator--it just got recently updated.  Gigas aren't awesome to hand raise, but they're not the demons they used to be.  After 14 hours of feeding you can get about 2-3ish hours of sleep, depending on how much weight your baby has.  After that 2.5 hour nap and quick feed, you can get a 3 hour nap, etc. 

The breeding events were somewhat frequent for a few weeks, but most of the game's lifetime there were none.

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

Its impossible without help from other tribe members and  from different time zones. If u have a normal life

It's annoying but not impossible. It's not really hard to fill fridges and transfer meat from them to the dino.

You don't even have to be around a lot when it's freshly hatched. just put something on your Keyboard to hold the transfer button down and you only need to check if your survivor has food and water fron time to time. But that's another topic anyway. 

Also, with the new servers being made available it would be stupid to have 2x at the moment. The new servers would have mega bases within a day and there would be nowhere to build. I play on Official PvE servers where they are always capped. This weekend it seemed to ease up but I dont want to see 2x for a while so I can actually play the game again as for the last month I have done nothing due to the cap.

I hope they hold off for 2x for a month or two so that people can actually play and everyone has a fair chance to get a spot on the new servers. If 2x wsa on those new servers everything would have been pillared within the first few hrs.

11 hours ago, Brayn said:

At official release, they did 2x breeding every weekend for the first month or two.  Then it was 2-3 weekends a month.  Then it became 1 weekend a month.  Now, given they stopped even doing 2x xp/tame/harvest every weekend, who knows.

I keep seeing this and it is totally wrong. The first two weekends of 1.0 were no boost at all. Then, you are correct, between 4-8 weeks, every weekend was a Evo++ event. The when rag started hitting tame caps they went to only Evo+ for the next several months. I would expect that they learned their lesson (god I hope so) and just stick to Evo+ going forward. Too many servers get tame capped far too quickly with Evo++

24 minutes ago, jcekstro said:

I keep seeing this and it is totally wrong. The first two weekends of 1.0 were no boost at all. Then, you are correct, between 4-8 weeks, every weekend was a Evo++ event. The when rag started hitting tame caps they went to only Evo+ for the next several months. I would expect that they learned their lesson (god I hope so) and just stick to Evo+ going forward. Too many servers get tame capped far too quickly with Evo++

U might be right.  My memory of those first couple weeks may be foggy... but with regards to your proposal, I disagree.  They should do evo++ more often for PvP servers.  For PvE, they should never do any evo events at all.  I've done PvE a few times.  After a month, each time, there's nothing left for me to do... and that was back on true 1x.  I had a massive metal tower (because I could only build up, not out, thanks to pillaring), plus every tame I could want or need.  Unless they add more stuff to do on PvE, the only thing that's of any signifigance is the grind.  Contra PvP.  Allowing mass breeding and quick grinding enables tribes to fight more and allows boss fights to happen more frequently.

I bring up PvE vs PvP in reply to your comment because you bring up server tame cap.  That never happens on PvP servers.  It's purely a PvE problem.

12 minutes ago, Brayn said:

U might be right.  My memory of those first couple weeks may be foggy... but with regards to your proposal, I disagree.  They should do evo++ more often for PvP servers.  For PvE, they should never do any evo events at all.  I've done PvE a few times.  After a month, each time, there's nothing left for me to do... and that was back on true 1x.  I had a massive metal tower (because I could only build up, not out, thanks to pillaring), plus every tame I could want or need.  Unless they add more stuff to do on PvE, the only thing that's of any signifigance is the grind.  Contra PvP.  Allowing mass breeding and quick grinding enables tribes to fight more and allows boss fights to happen more frequently.

I bring up PvE vs PvP in reply to your comment because you bring up server tame cap.  That never happens on PvP servers.  It's purely a PvE problem.

Completely agree. I play pve so my standpoint comes from that background. Could fully understand pvp needing it and have no problem with them getting evo++, just causes too many problems on pve. You are not the first person I have read that from, so I apologise if it came off arrogant or anything. Just keep seeing people post that and argue that Evo event have happened every single weekend since release so wanted to stop the disinformation as a lot of people weren't happy we didn't have an Evo event this past weekend even though it should have been understood

3 minutes ago, hawkeye200 said:

The dino caps are such a poor way of doing it. They could fix it by having some sort of item that destroys kibble dinos but gives you eggs (or something). Or something. There needs to be some sort of dino sink is my point. Limiting speed is no solution at all. 

I think Dino should age and die. 

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Damn. I was hoping for 2x breeding this weekend since we didn't get any 2x the last weekend. Unfortunately not the case.

My servers on PS4 never had an issue with taming cap so I'd welcome 2x breeding every weekend.

They announced on Monday what this weekends event was going to include.

9 hours ago, jpcab said:

Yeah its possible for those who have time..with a marriage and a 8 hours job i can t breed anything unless i have help.

This is off topic, and I don't want to be rude, but my husband I work 8+ hours, sometimes on weekends, and managed to raise everything so far.

If you can't stay near the screen for too long, fill up fridges with food, keep the inventory of the animal open and put something on the Keyboard to auto-transfer food from your inv into the dino's. Check every now and then and refill, until they eat from troughs. 

Wyvern are even easier, you just need to log im every few hours on their first day, and after that even less. And you can hatch several at a time without paying a lot of attention to them. People often have spare milk.

I actually enjoyed the 1/3 food consumption a lot, I hope they bring something like this back instead of 2x maturing. 

Archived