Kiting issue on NA-PVE Scorched Earth 90

catnip

Some of my tribe mates decided to start up a tribe on SE90. They've been putting together a base and getting things set up. This evening they were threatened by another player who said they were going to kite over a golem and destroy their base. The tribemate took screenshots of the conversation with the threats. A very short time later the player kited over a rock golem and demolished their base, destroying many of the animals they had there.

Can they get this player banned if they have the screenshots of the threats and the attack? I should add this as a PVE server

• Volunteer Moderator

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

You would need to send everything to support via the ticket system. But to my knowledge kiting is no longer considered griefing. Here is a link to rules as well its no longer listed as a offense just fyi...

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/220278968-Banning-Guidelines

Yeah I've already told them to report it. From the sound of it this particular player admitted in global chat to kiting others on a regular basis in addition to his threats to my tribemate. This, evidently, is not an isolated issue. I"m hoping that others on SE90 will step forward and help resolve this abuse. Because that's exactly what it is-abuse.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, catnip said:

Yeah I've already told them to report it. From the sound of it this particular player admitted in global chat to kiting others on a regular basis in addition to his threats to my tribemate. This, evidently, is not an isolated issue. I"m hoping that others on SE90 will step forward and help resolve this abuse. Because that's exactly what it is-abuse.

Good luck to you I hate it when people act like that on the servers and constantly make people life miserable... 

7 minutes ago, blackmarsh said:

I'm on SE90, I logged in last week to a pile of five elementals against my base's front door. I extended my walls to stop where I think they were able to get them in; I don't see any other real answer to this. Make your base elemental grief-proof, even on PVE.

Highly recommend metal... Just make sure you don't get the house bonus.

7 hours ago, LabRat said:

Kiting is permitted. part of the game. one good Giga will eat any Rock Elemental, or a Alpha Wyvern as well. So 

Problem is if you are just starting out you probably don't have a giga. A person shouldn't have a golem kited to their base simply for stating their opinion in global. If the tribe is doing something crappy, like blocking resources or acting like idiots to others on the server then I could see kiting something at them, but to do it simply for stating your opinion smacks of pettiness. And to admit in global that you do it on a regular basis is not simply kiting but griefing, Which, I might add, IS bannable!

And yes, it was probably a stupid move for my tribemate to open his mouth. Being new to the server he didn't realize that this particular player would act in this manner. He plans on keeping his opinions to himself in the future. 

This topic came up in global chat about a hour ago... seems you or your friends were antagonizing someone who has no problem meting out their form of justice. If your friends are the type of people who can swallow their pride and apologize, whether you believe you should or not, I am betting the kiter would stop. She has a generous side to her as those of us that have been on the server for a while can attest to. You and/or yours just happened to tick her off and brought out the dark side and paid the price. Like I said in global, you have the freedom to run your mouth, but there are sometimes consequences for doing so, regardless of whether or not what is being said is true, false, right, wrong, etc.

And for the record, you were still antagonizing the kiter a hour ago. Playing the part of the innocent victim is a bit misleading.

P.S. Its not me, I even expressed my surprise at kiting not being against the rules.

11 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

This topic came up in global chat about a hour ago... seems you or your friends were antagonizing someone who has no problem meting out their form of justice. If your friends are the type of people who can swallow their pride and apologize, whether you believe you should or not, I am betting the kiter would stop. She has a generous side to her as those of us that have been on the server for a while can attest to. You and/or yours just happened to tick her off and brought out the dark side and paid the price. Like I said in global, you have the freedom to run your mouth, but there are sometimes consequences for doing so, regardless of whether or not what is being said is true, false, right, wrong, etc.

And for the record, you were still antagonizing the kiter a hour ago. Playing the part of the innocent victim is a bit misleading.

P.S. Its not me, I even expressed my surprise at kiting not being against the rules.

For the record I'm not even on that server so had no part in antagonizing anyone. Yes, my tribemate was being an idiot. We've mentioned that he needs to watch his mouth. He is a college student and doesn't always understand the concept of tact. But to destroy their base, kill many of their animals, and wreak general chaos over someone's opinion is an overreaction. It not only penalized the member making the statement but caused grief to the other members who had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS and I might add I don't even think they were playing at the time! Go after the player being the idiot, but destroying the whole tribe's base over an opinion smacks of pettiness and mean-spiritedness on the kiters part. And to admit with relish in global that you do it on a regular basis to multiple players just to get your kicks sounds to me like a clear case of greifing. And yes, I did see that chat since the tribemate did take screenshots of the conversation so there IS physical evidence of those claims!!

I assumed you were one of the people in the discussion since you are using the exact same words one of the people did: petty and mean-spirited. Regardless, like I said, right or wrong, there are sometimes consequences for what is said. Perhaps its better to keep your trap shut if you cant face the consequences, knowing the person will make good on their threats?

5 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

I assumed you were one of the people in the discussion since you are using the exact same words one of the people did: petty and mean-spirited. Regardless, like I said, right or wrong, there are sometimes consequences for what is said. Perhaps its better to keep your trap shut if you cant face the consequences, knowing the person will make good on their threats?

The discussion is circular here.

The solution is not to let yourself be pushed around, its to find a peaceful ending.

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The discussion is circular here.

Agreed.

If you believe somebody is breaking the TOS rules for PVE/PvP as listed here on the forums, please submit a support ticket:

https://support.survivetheark.com

There will be no threats or bullying here on the Community Forums. 

11 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

We were discussing it in our discord channel yesterday and I did use those phrases, especially after reading the screenshots that were captured of the folks involved.

I fully believe that there are better ways to resolve differences than to automatically resort to that kind of behavior. It shows a lack of character in my opinion, and begs the question of the kiter's real intentions with her actions. Anyone who was on the EA servers SE759, Center 592, or Island 327 can attest to my reputation on those servers. My tribe would regularly help new players and come to others assistance if there was a problem. We had solid communities on those servers, making it much more fun for all involved.

From re-reading the screenshots this was a clearly a premeditated attempt on the part of at least two different tribes to drive the newer tribe off the server because the server was capped. The kiter and others involved with her used the tribemates remarks and opinions as a flimsy excuse for their actions. THAT is clearly griefing, not kiting because of a stupid remark. I believe they have also attacked other newer tribes in a similar fashion, for I would assume the same purpose. 

13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Agreed.

If you believe somebody is breaking the TOS rules for PVE/PvP as listed here on the forums, please submit a support ticket. 

There will be no threats or bullying here on the Community Forums. 

I firmly believe that there is a difference between kiting and griefing. In instances such as this it should be viewed as griefing and the player involved held responsible for their actions. It is a poor reflection on the game and the developers to allow such behavior to continue. In the long run it will hurt both the game and the developer's reputation and standing on Steam, making perspective purchasers reluctant and dis-inclined to purchase the game. As someone who has put on over 2200 hours I know how much fun this game can be, especially if you have a great community on your server. This particular situation is toxic and only detracts from the game's appeal. Things like this are more likely to be noted in the player's reviews...

Archived