So... And Scorched Earth Ascension ? (End cutscene)

Supertoto

Do we have any news about the ending of Scorched Earth ? You know, the Ascension to Aberration ! I really hope that the cutscene will come out before the third DLC (Extinction) because we wan’t to know what is the endboss of Scorched Earth and defeat him before reaching the end of the story ! It would be a pity... :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, RaidenSola said:

Judging from the explorer notes, SE is not part of progression, it's an optional area.  Helena and Rockwell wind up taking a trip there, but Mei Ying winds up going straight to Aberration from the island. I doubt there will be any additions to SE as far as Ascension or story

And exactly which Explorer note did you refer to?

Visit the wiki for a full rundown of them, but the first explorer notes in the series for all three characters mention the battle with the overseer on the island as the last thing that happened to them before they wound up on their new maps.  However for Helena and Rockwell the map they were routed to was SE, while Mei Yin and the body of Nerva were sent to the surface of AB.

Mei Yin

Where have I been taken? When I tried to pull my sword from that machine, there was a bright flash and suddenly I was in this desolate place. Whatever that device was, I must have broken it.

Nerva's corpse travelled with me, blood still seeping from the wound I left in his chest. Despite what he's done, part of me thinks that I should bury him. He was a tyrant, but he still died a warrior's death.

For now, I will bandage the wound on my face and rest. It is night here, and it will be safer to explore in the light of day.

Rockwell

Confound those confused contraptions! Despite my best efforts, I could make neither heads nor tails of the mysterious machine that brought me here.

---------

Second, I simply must learn more about that strange metal that lined the walls of the sanctuary. Even with a cursory study I could tell that it possesses wondrous properties. But where could I find more of it?

Helena

I had to pick the desert. Why the hell did I pick the desert?

Well, I suppose "pick" is a rather strong word for it. I’m still not entirely certain just how I got that console working, but it suddenly started cycling through holographic images of different destinations far from the island that I’d been living on. Of course, I just had to go and press another button while it was showing off one that contained miles and miles of bloody desert, and here I am.

That’s just typical of me, isn’t it? Always leaping, never looking. Oh well, better make the best of it, and by that, I mean "better not die of heat exhaustion."

All three are referencing the terminal we see power up after defeating the Overseer, though in their cases Mey Yin busted it and had no choice where she went, then the other two had problems operating it.  By the time we get to the Overseer fight we have no choice in the matter and just get sent straight back to the island.  Before there was notions WC had of not being able to go to any of the other maps until you defeat the overseer, then get sent to the next in the progression, but that hasn't been implemented since the maps are now all optional DLC, but the characters are illustrating it here.

If you want the full rundown of the stories instead of the snippets here to get the full picture, the wiki article with all the explorer notes in order are here https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Notes

• 1 month later...

Personal i hope they do add an ascension cut scene bc se is an important part of the lore. Also it seems like the survivor (the player) is following helenas footsteps since they start from the island, then se, then aberration.

Se is where rockwell started to dislike/hate Helena, leading him to his insanity on aberation when he discover element ore. Se is also where helena was talking that one old lady on se (forgot her name) describing how the ark "reset" itself, creating the mantis and the wyverns to reset the survivors progress. Also rockwell and helena probably would have gone to aberration but i heard that they created a portal going to se, thus breaking part of the system. (Im probably wrong tho since i watched a youtube video about how rockwell and helena got to se). 

I feel like its kinda sad how it seems like everyone just forgot about scorched earth, not saying that people did but no one really seems to talk about any more. Everyone just plays on rag, abberation, or the island. 

6 hours ago, theBIGbruttio said:

Personal i hope they do add an ascension cut scene bc se is an important part of the lore. Also it seems like the survivor (the player) is following helenas footsteps since they start from the island, then se, then aberration.

Se is where rockwell started to dislike/hate Helena, leading him to his insanity on aberation when he discover element ore. Se is also where helena was talking that one old lady on se (forgot her name) describing how the ark "reset" itself, creating the mantis and the wyverns to reset the survivors progress. Also rockwell and helena probably would have gone to aberration but i heard that they created a portal going to se, thus breaking part of the system. (Im probably wrong tho since i watched a youtube video about how rockwell and helena got to se). 

I feel like its kinda sad how it seems like everyone just forgot about scorched earth, not saying that people did but no one really seems to talk about any more. Everyone just plays on rag, abberation, or the island. 

Aberration will most likely be next. Then Extinction.

15 hours ago, theBIGbruttio said:

They never said new dinos were generated as part of a reset, it's simply the system nuking the human cities that build up to big, the Mantids and Wyverns were always there in the first place.  Mantids were an especially common problem for the tribes, and wyverns were rarely seen but they were known of.

As for how Rockwell and Helena got to SE, in the lore Mei Yin busted the terminal and got sent straight to Aberration, while those two wound up on SE.  It's said that they finally "figured out" how to use it so either the system repaired it or they were able to get around the damage caused to operate it.

• 8 months later...
On May 6, 2018 at 5:49 AM, RaidenSola said:

They never said new dinos were generated as part of a reset, it's simply the system nuking the human cities that build up to big, the Mantids and Wyverns were always there in the first place.  Mantids were an especially common problem for the tribes, and wyverns were rarely seen but they were known of.

As for how Rockwell and Helena got to SE, in the lore Mei Yin busted the terminal and got sent straight to Aberration, while those two wound up on SE.  It's said that they finally "figured out" how to use it so either the system repaired it or they were able to get around the damage caused to operate it.

Actually, the wyverns weren't 'always there'. One of the SE explorer notes (from either Dahkeya or Raia) state that the wyverns suddenly appeared, seemingly overnight. And they also address how the Mantis are a 'new' threat.

And in the '???' Explorer notes for SE, #11 I believe, does state that the Ark system is constantly creating and introducing new species into the ecosystem.

In simple words, Scorched Earth is where Rockwell started to experiment with Element, so therefore it is an important part of the lore, and SHOULD have an ascension cutscene, simply put because the player character follows Helena's footsteps in a way.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, theBIGbruttio said:

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. While I wasn't about to write up a letter about part of ARK's lore, Scorched Earth is still an important part of it, and NEEDS to have an ascension cutscene. In fact, a rework in general isn't just a request by the community, it's something that NEEDS to happen. While outdated, it's still a good map, but has been made mostly irrelevant by Ragnarok. I would still rather play SE over Ragnarok just because I did buy the map back in September of 2016. Please, Wildcard, give us ARK veterans something good!

• 4 weeks later...

So I think there is going to be something happening to Scorched Earth soon. As I listen to the soundtrack a lot and I love the music in this game, there is new musics for SE. I would take a listen. This maybe be hinting that they will finally begin working again on SE and maybe adding an ascension to the map. It is just a theory , however.

Archived