Community Crunch 122: Dino TLC, Extended Evo Event, & What's Coming Next!

Jen

23 hours ago, Jen said:

After TLC #2 is released we will also be turning our focus more directly on to bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements in the weeks ahead. There are some issues that have been brought to the attention of the team by an artistic movement created to highlight the issues that affect players negatively the most. In tandem with development on TLC #2 these issues have been documented for future analysis, and after TLC #2 is released we will begin investigating and addressing these issues as one of our main focuses.

"bug" fixes...

please at least consider the Spider suggestion here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/314571-tlc-suggestions-the-creepy-crawly-edition/&tab=comments#comment-1840149

3 hours ago, GP said:

No-one ever said it will be coming in March 2018. It is expected in 2018, that's it so far.

Excuse me ?

No-one said it is expected in 2018.

It was said that extinction is expected in Spring 2018. March - June. This is why I bought the Season Pass in the first place : because extinction is supposed to come out (at max) 6 months after aberration.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Jeene said:

Excuse me ?

No-one said it is expected in 2018.

It was said that extinction is expected in Spring 2018. March - June. This is why I bought the Season Pass in the first place : because extinction is supposed to come out (at max) 6 months after aberration.

Although originally the Steam store stated Spring 2018, it has for a long time, pretty much since shortly after Aberration released changed to coming 2018, as per the store page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, vormak95 said:

Hi

Where is the primitive+ update ?

You said after TLC1 it will be release soon...

They said:

On 2/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jen said:

A common question from Primitive Plus fans is about the lack of content on Scorched Earth and Aberration. For TLC Patch #2 in March, we'll finally be properly introducing the content to these maps so that Primitive fans will be able to take full advantage of the gamemode on these maps.

We are still in march for 2 and a half weeks afaik.

I like, and expected this, from the Parasaur, however this seems kinda useless if the Parasaur doesn't get at least a slight speed boost. I'm satisfied with the alarm system though. I certainly prefer this to the trip wire alarm traps. I really do with that it would get a visual update, though. The Parasaur is in MAJOR need of a visual upgrade. It has one of the worst models in Ark right now; up there with the Quetzal and Megapiranha.

@Jen @Jatheish Few questions about the Parasaur:

• Is the Parasaur ability only utilized by tamed Parasaur? The clip would lead one to believe that is a wild parasaur and it is causing a wild raptor to flee.
  • Will wild parasaur 'vocalizations' effect tames the same as a tamed parasaur 'vocalizations' effects wild?
  • I may have missed it but is there a cool down with this 'vocalization'?
  • Does the 'vocalization' have a limit to how many can be influenced by it? 
  • Do the fleeing dinos travel x distance before returning or is the fleeing status time based?
  • Does it cause a loss of aggro or will it still be focused on coming back after the effect wears off?
  • What is the range of the 'vocalization'?
  • What is the range of the 'echolocation'?
  • Is there a cooldown on the 'echolocation'?
  • While in turret mode is 'echolocation' able to be set to a passive ability acting like a radar and thus signalling the 'vocalization' to be triggered alerting one's owner/tribe?
  • Lastly, will there be any counter to the parasaur where one will know another is using a parasaur to 'echolocate' and thus isn't hidden? Perhaps a shoulder pet able to pick up such frequencies. If I am about to walk into a trap I would like some type of balance to this new ability.

Thanks

On 3/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, Jen said:

Going forward, Wildcard is will be consolidating our patching process on PC. We will be leaning heavily on regular Tuesday (or Wednesday if needed) deployments unless critical fixes require patches outside of that regular patch day. These will become collective weekly bug patching updates rather than separate updates for each bug fix that in the past resulted in multiple patches a week.

After TLC #2 is released we will also be turning our focus more directly on to bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements in the weeks ahead. There are some issues that have been brought to the attention of the team by an artistic movement created to highlight the issues that affect players negatively the most. In tandem with development on TLC #2 these issues have been documented for future analysis, and after TLC #2 is released we will begin investigating and addressing these issues as one of our main focuses.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, jessejamesfl said:

I would like to know if possible if they might ever put out indominus Rex on PS4 because I can't get ark for PC my PC doesn't run well but Id love to at least have one indominus Rex on PS4....:D

Unlikely. Not even sure if it would be legal tbh.

Joined one of the new servers last night super excited to start building again. Within an hour all of my stuff was wiped by a wyvern flying around trolling on the new server.. transferring Dino’s across all servers was one of the biggest mistakes this game has made. It’s impossible for people to start again or new people to learn the game in pvp