Gamma island Dragon or Ragnarok Dragon

RipRavage

I’ve heard that the ragnarok boss combo is easier to beat than the island dragon, does anybody have any insights.  I’ve solo killed the broodmother, megapithecus, and manticore, but the dragon has kicked the crap out of me every time I’ve took it on.  Any info would be appreciated.  I’ve got 30k health, 600 melee, 70ish armored rexes and a yutyrannus.

I do NOT recommend fighting island dragon with rexes. Since both dragon versions do percentage damage, your rex hp doesnt matter; its a dps race and you will lose.

For ragnarok dragon, it is 60% the strength of Island dragon, and I would recommend only leveling melee, not hp, on your rexes. You will have a glass cannon army which can kill dragon before it destroys your rexes. This first part will take a couple minutes.

For the rest of the fight, the only worry is manticore not landing. Since you have more time remaining than SE manticore, you shouldnt worry. It does extremely low damage. Also, make sure to not get pinned by golems, since they are abundant.

Remember, roaring at your rexes with the yuty drains their torpor.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I do NOT recommend fighting island dragon with rexes. Since both dragon versions do percentage damage, your rex hp doesnt matter; its a dps race and you will lose.

For ragnarok dragon, it is 60% the strength of Island dragon, and I would recommend only leveling melee, not hp, on your rexes. You will have a glass cannon army which can kill dragon before it destroys your rexes. This first part will take a couple minutes.

For the rest of the fight, the only worry is manticore not landing. Since you have more time remaining than SE manticore, you shouldnt worry. It does extremely low damage. Also, make sure to not get pinned by golems, since they are abundant.

Remember, roaring at your rexes with the yuty drains their torpor.

Thanks for the info, I’ve lost far too many rexes trying to beat the island dragon.  I wish therizinosaurs weren’t so time consuming to tame or at least didn’t have such an expensive kibble, the island megalosaurus I tamed don’t lay eggs very often.  What should I aim for with new rexes, 15k health and 800ish melee?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, RipRavage said:

Thanks for the info, I’ve lost far too many rexes trying to beat the island dragon.  I wish therizinosaurs weren’t so time consuming to tame or at least didn’t have such an expensive kibble, the island megalosaurus I tamed don’t lay eggs very often.  What should I aim for with new rexes, 15k health and 800ish melee?

Go at the cave at Blue Obelisk on Scorched Earth. There is one Megalosaurus spawn every 4 hours up to 4 spawns. So if you go check every 20 hours, there will be 4 spawns and then when you killed them all a new one will respawn instantly when re-rendering. Scout that cave daily, tame as many females as you see, and then place them into a Wilderness region and re-render them for up to 6 eggs every times:

Spoiler

BF4438136907BC8675B4A526F5ABE2B78D835780

It works for any specie, for example:

Spoiler

40F268F0B01E81451D412D5DCD59EF49EC604C5F

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Go at the cave at Blue Obelisk on Scorched Earth. There is one Megalosaurus spawn every 4 hours up to 4 spawns. So if you go check every 20 hours, there will be 4 spawns and then when you killed them all a new one will respawn instantly when re-rendering. Scout that cave daily, tame as many females as you see, and then place them into a Wilderness region and re-render them for up to 6 eggs every times:

Hide contents

BF4438136907BC8675B4A526F5ABE2B78D835780

It works for any specie, for example:

Hide contents

40F268F0B01E81451D412D5DCD59EF49EC604C5F

I was always curious as to whether wilderness boosted other Dino’s egg laying rates or if it was just mantises.  I guess I’m going to have to tame a bunch of low level megalosaurus eventually.

10 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I was always curious as to whether wilderness boosted other Dino’s egg laying rates or if it was just mantises.  I guess I’m going to have to tame a bunch of low level megalosaurus eventually.

Alternatively, carnivorous caverns (cave by the castle on ragnarok) and the entire blue zone on aberration are teeming with megalosaurs :)

2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I’ve heard that the ragnarok boss combo is easier to beat than the island dragon, does anybody have any insights.  I’ve solo killed the broodmother, megapithecus, and manticore, but the dragon has kicked the crap out of me every time I’ve took it on.  Any info would be appreciated.  I’ve got 30k health, 600 melee, 70ish armored rexes and a yutyrannus.

18 rexes with at least the 30k and definitely more dmg.  1 yuty with high hp following your rexes set to roar buff and a hi hp and food daodon set to follow and heal pulse, load it with cooked meat too.  Id like to challenge peoples thot process and beliefs on boss battles.  Common thought is hi hp, low dmg.  I dont agree.  The bosses do like 1000 dmg per hit.  A well bred rex gets like 1000hp per tamed point.  Now the rexes hit time is pretty close to the bosses, so they essentially trade hits at the same time.  Now since the bosses have huge hp the number of times you have to trade blows is rather hi and not in your favor.  Even a slight gain in dmg can take off having to attack 3 times.  So let me ask you, is it better to tank 1 more hit, or be able to avoid 3 hits all together per point?  Not to mention the mate boost and yuty buff are percentage based meaning the higher your dmg the bigger boost you get from both buffs.  Regardless of your armor or hp, the buffs do the same defensive amount of blocking dmg since its percentage based on the enemies dmg.  Obviously you do need a bit of hp too but a balance with dmg would be mathematically better for your teams survival.  Iv killed all 4 non aberration bosses on alpha and overseer on beta.  Never lost a rex.

34 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

18 rexes with at least the 30k and definitely more dmg.  1 yuty with high hp following your rexes set to roar buff and a hi hp and food daodon set to follow and heal pulse, load it with cooked meat too.  Id like to challenge peoples thot process and beliefs on boss battles.  Common thought is hi hp, low dmg.  I dont agree.  The bosses do like 1000 dmg per hit.  A well bred rex gets like 1000hp per tamed point.  Now the rexes hit time is pretty close to the bosses, so they essentially trade hits at the same time.  Now since the bosses have huge hp the number of times you have to trade blows is rather hi and not in your favor.  Even a slight gain in dmg can take off having to attack 3 times.  So let me ask you, is it better to tank 1 more hit, or be able to avoid 3 hits all together per point?  Not to mention the mate boost and yuty buff are percentage based meaning the higher your dmg the bigger boost you get from both buffs.  Regardless of your armor or hp, the buffs do the same defensive amount of blocking dmg since its percentage based on the enemies dmg.  Obviously you do need a bit of hp too but a balance with dmg would be mathematically better for your teams survival.  Iv killed all 4 non aberration bosses on alpha and overseer on beta.  Never lost a rex.

When I took on the gamma dragon he just shredded my rexes health so quickly, on top of the pain of trying to keep them out of the lava.  I've don't have any issues with the other bosses, just the dragon.  Its not like I can tank and spank the dragon when he does percentage damage onto health, which is pretty cheap in my opinion.  I feel the same damn way about ravagers in aberration, I don't understand the justification that regular common spawns can whittle away half a large tames health in one confrontation.  I know Allosaurus do it on the island, but they are not nearly as common as ravagers on aberration.  The Devs know percentage based spam is cheap, so they made it so it does not work on bosses, but they still feel ravagers should have it.  Oh and tamed ravagers don't get it, thats great.

You know you could return the favor, get 3 allos and bleed the dragon.  You could even bring like a bunch of turtles to draw its attention and tank it(the fire bonus dmg doesnt happen to herbivores), then have your not alpha allos follow your alpha that your riding.  Run up behind the dragon, bleed him, and run.  Wittle him down to nothing.  I personally haven't tried this but it could work.

27 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

You know you could return the favor, get 3 allos and bleed the dragon.  You could even bring like a bunch of turtles to draw its attention and tank it(the fire bonus dmg doesnt happen to herbivores), then have your not alpha allos follow your alpha that your riding.  Run up behind the dragon, bleed him, and run.  Wittle him down to nothing.  I personally haven't tried this but it could work.

I don't think the Allosaurus can make the bosses bleed anymore, I think they used to be able to do that though.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Both is not true. You can't put a bleed effect on bosses and while herbivores have a fire resistance bonus, it does not apply to the percent damage of the dragon.

6 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Both is not true. You can't put a bleed effect on bosses and while herbivores have a fire resistance bonus, it does not apply to the percent damage of the dragon.

Isnt fire percent based anyways?  Granted my fire wyverns fire DoT seems to be the same regardless so maybe not.  Pity they took the bleed away.  Like i said never tried the allos before.

Archived