offline raid protection information

Sorrateiro

• Sorrateiro changed the title to offline raid protection information
Guest DJRone89

ORP servers have a 15 minute (default) countdown timer once all of the tribe has gone offline and then activates. Once initiated, all of your structures and dinos are immune to damage.

Your structures are completely locked while ORP is activated but your defences won’t fire either.

Be careful that other tribes don’t follow your online pattern because they can avoid all of your defences and wait to raid you once you get back online.

So while there are obvious perks to this game mode there are also a few cons like the one mentioned above. Also, people have been known to make alt accounts and block your entryways with dinos because you can’t damage them.

Another side note is that alliances are disabled on all ORP servers.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Sorrateiro said:

but like that in the official servers PVE has ORP and nevertheless one can make alliances?

Yes

yeah, more clear info on this needs to be out. If i find anything I'll post it here. 

as far as i know

vanilla orp activates 15 minutes after the tribe logs out.

Locks things that are in stasis, except for doors and dino gates, which is hopefully just a mistake thats been changed already.

Also everyone says alliances do not work on orp. I think being in an alliance turns off the orp altogether, not confirmed in any way, just my best guess. 

Everyone talks about the turret exploits and things, the only thing orp will allow them to do is get things close to your turrets while they are offline. They made it so that now when you log on for 5 seconds all your structures are invincible, so they cant instantly destroy your turrets.

also any explosives they have set\ready around your base/defences should just get wasted from the 5 second timer. 

Overall i would say orp is the only form of pvp small tribes can do against each other and have fun with it. 

without orp someone must actively defend the base or else one player and some tanking dinos and explosives can raid anything the game has to offer/can handle. 

so without it, either everything is very well hidden or someone is always online to defend. 

Also orp balances pvp situations much better than without, once someone has even a tiny base on the server, explosives are easy to make, without orp, you can just "resource troll" defenders into quitting. 

Also how long it takes to fill turrets feels better/ more balanced on orp, since a fully loaded turret will be empty in less than 20 min.  

20 minutes is a good amount of time to strike back if your online, however a pitiful amount of time for them to defend your base after you log off. 

thats my 2 cents, if i find any concrete info on orp ill post it. 

update: i dont think there is any actual info on it, which means any info we put up here has to be from in game testing. 

if i figure out the answer to what happens when you alliance, or if you can use gates pincoded by enemy tribes and post that here or make another post about it. 

• 4 months later...

If you are setting up your server to have ORP and Alliances activated, I would suggest that you modify these lines to suit your needs:

PreventOfflinePvP=True
PreventOfflinePvPInterval=1800
PreventTribeAlliances=True

The first line activates ORP. The second line is the number of seconds between the entire tribe going offline and the protection kicking in (note that this, initially, turns off alliances). The 3rd line, however, should be set to false in order to turn alliances back on.

This information is coming from a friend, as I have never started a server nor have I gone through the game files to modify them. I am interested in reading from you if it works, though.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, TOFUDIDO said:

just asking because I can't create or manage alliances with those commands and with PreventTribeAlliances=False

I'm pretty sure PreventOfflinePvP is forcing alliances to be disabled regardless of the other settings in order to prevent abuse.

• 8 months later...

Archived