Why tame anything?

TROG666

Just saying apparently trolling with a griff and c4 makes tames useless c4 wipes them out the need to make it to wear u have to get off your tame and place the c4 on a surface... or make c4 unable to hurt dinos these things take way to long to tame for some idiot with some c4 to fly overhead and kill everything with no risk to himself 

What's the point of anything if you don't want it? Seriously not a complicated thought. The point only comes from the purpose/why/desire for the action. So clearly if you are wanting to tame and build stuff and keep losing it then make actions to change the repeated outcome. Look up the definition of insanity if you don't already know it. Move base locations, make alliances with said parties, destroy said parties, change servers, switch from official to unofficial or vice versa, switch to PvE, or do nothing and remain where you are and eventually quit because you're miserable.

If you're the one doing this to others and you're enjoying it then congrats that you found your calling in life. If you don't have any desire to tame anything else because you enjoy that so much then again you answered your own question. Either way I never understand the purpose of these threads asking, "What's the point...". Why did you buy the game? May be the point for you.

30 minutes ago, TROG666 said:

Just saying apparently trolling with a griff and c4 makes tames useless c4 wipes them out the need to make it to wear u have to get off your tame and place the c4 on a surface... or make c4 unable to hurt dinos these things take way to long to tame for some idiot with some c4 to fly overhead and kill everything with no risk to himself 

What's the point of punctuation?  Ok, joking aside, your post was very hard to understand due to lack of punctuation, but to address your point, this is exactly why PvP isn't fun to me.  No one seems to want to actually play the game, but rather they just want to wipe people in the way that requires the least effort.

2 hours ago, TROG666 said:

Serious question because this has happened multiple times...

What's the point of taming anything in ARK except a griffin when u can just build massive amounts of c4 and drop it on other peoples bases and tames from up high with the griffin and kill everything thing they have? Seems a little pointless to me 

Why did you play on a PvP server if you didn't want your stuff destroyed/to destroy other people's stuff? If you're interested in the taming aspect of the game you should hop over to PvE.

why tame anything? because eventually that person on a griffin will run across a base that has turret towers, and turrets automatically target c4, rockets, and grenades. then he will either be forced to tame larger creatures that can handle turret fire or simply not raid larger tribes. 

my advice to you, if you are the one being attacked and having c4 dropped on, is to set up turrets. even a few will give attackers a harder time compared to not having them. plant x works also but does not shoot nearly as fast and it is possible to get projectiles past their poison spores. 

taming the griffin alone, albeit very fast and maneuverable and strong if upgraded properly, is inefficient for raiding purposes.

6 hours ago, Zederia said:

Turrets (not heavy) can't track a griffin, and griffin will allow a rider and a driver. so.. that's a possibility?

Umm, normal auto turrets kill griffins just fine.  And if you have X plants up as well they slow any flyer if hit.  As long as you have enough turrets and no blind spots griffins are not any more of a threat than a ptera.  Just saw that in action over the weekend.

14 hours ago, TROG666 said:

What's the point of taming anything in ARK except a griffin when u can just build massive amounts of c4 and drop it on other peoples bases and tames from up high with the griffin and kill everything thing they have? Seems a little pointless to me 

I'm a little lost. You don't have any turrets up? You can throw c4 from a flying griffin to the ground? C4 doesn't get shot by turrets? What's Goin on here? I'm pretty sure passengers get targeted by turrets and you can't throw c4 from a dive so it just doesn't sound possible. Did you get wiped and the person just said they threw c4 from a griffon? 

19 hours ago, TROG666 said:

Am I getting this wrong or is he saying that you can throw c4 on someones base from any hight? if so i wonder how this is meant to work because im 100% sure that trying to drop the c4 from hight doesnt work because you are out of placement range.

20 hours ago, SirPeter said:

What's the point of anything if you don't want it? Seriously not a complicated thought. The point only comes from the purpose/why/desire for the action. So clearly if you are wanting to tame and build stuff and keep losing it then make actions to change the repeated outcome. Look up the definition of insanity if you don't already know it. Move base locations, make alliances with said parties, destroy said parties, change servers, switch from official to unofficial or vice versa, switch to PvE, or do nothing and remain where you are and eventually quit because you're miserable.

If you're the one doing this to others and you're enjoying it then congrats that you found your calling in life. If you don't have any desire to tame anything else because you enjoy that so much then again you answered your own question. Either way I never understand the purpose of these threads asking, "What's the point...". Why did you buy the game? May be the point for you.

Eh,  I feel like he's just pondering the point of it all post-purchase, as if to say that there are still incredibly cheesy antics in the game that can absolutely annihilate any and all semblance of enjoyment for anyone involved.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:27 AM, TROG666 said:

called a roof. Stone pillars with Ceilings above your dinos.... come on people...

On 3/12/2018 at 6:27 AM, TROG666 said:

Well, you could try taming some dinos to defend yourself...or maybe some that will help you gather materials to make tools and weapons to defend yourself. You could try taming a few to run away when people start attacking you. You could tame an anky, for example, which will help you gather metal and obsidian to help you build turrets...which will shoot C4 and blow it up before it reaches your roof. Those are all good reasons to tame something.

Then again, if you're not interested in defending yourself or having any sort of PvP interaction with other players, then I guess you're right and there's no reason to tame anything. Just let them keep blowing up your house I guess.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, lokifeyson said:

Why is this community so toxic? I think ark devs and players need to ask themselves that

Its not just this community. It's the gaming community (and much of society) as a whole. 

Gamers have devolved into a vacuum, an echo chamber where only the voices of their own followers, subscribers, likers and the click-bait addicts jonesing for the same viewpoint as themselves reside.

On March 12, 2018 at 7:11 PM, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

Umm, normal auto turrets kill griffins just fine.  And if you have X plants up as well they slow any flyer if hit.  As long as you have enough turrets and no blind spots griffins are not any more of a threat than a ptera.  Just saw that in action over the weekend.

Bobo u DEFINITELY been to prison lol

Archived