STRIKERxWICKED

Mods On Console?

10 minutes ago, STRIKERxWICKED said:

Will Mods Like On Pc/Steam Ever Come To Console? 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ark-sponsored-mods/

Here are the only possible mods that might come to consoles down the road as of now .And these are in the mod sponsored program created by WC . The only mods that will come have to be approved and supported by WC to come to consoles as they have stricter sets of rules unlike pc. So to answer your question will all the mods from steam come the answer is no...  But some may make it.

Edited by Captnmorgan

9 hours ago, AWildT0rbjorn said:

Are mods ever coming to ark xbox one xbox one gets no love from devs we only just now got the dino tlc update and you could do mods like in fallout 4 where its like the steam workshop

The devs have already said they CANNOT do the same thing Fallout and Skyrim have done. 

the only mod that is and more than likly only coming to console is S+ but have know idea when they are going to release this. and this mod is only really good for pve players since it is basically building mats. it would be awsome that if they brought the stackable and reuasable with the S+ mod

31 minutes ago, Evo99 said:

I wish they would give us S+ mod for dedicated servers

This has been said plenty of times, S+ is going to be integrated into the base game for all platform. You won't need it to come to console as a mod.

Just now, Evo99 said:

alright thank you for the reply. I didnt know that yet, srry :D 

No worries. By the way, there's no timeframe yet, it was just anticipated for 2018, so there may still be a wait, but it will be coming.

1 minute ago, AWildT0rbjorn said:

what about multi stack and higgh level dinos or cross ark or any of that

Increased stacks is a mod that won't happen on console anytime soon, most likely never on console. 

Higher max level for dinos and players is a server option for unofficial servers not a mod. Easily available for Nitrado servers or pc hosted servers.

Cross ark? Cross ark means traveling to another ark server. Its not a mod and is available on probably like 90% of servers. Do you mean crossplay? If so thats already an option that can be turned on on any unofficial session and is available on a few official servers. Only available between the Windows 10 store version and Xbox.

10 minutes ago, AWildT0rbjorn said:

i meant scorched and ab on island whatever that mod is called

I'm not familiar with that mod but something similar can be done without one, using ini files on a nitrado server or pc hosted. With the ini files you can adjust how much of each type of dino spawns. I could turn of leeds for example or turn on karkinos(giant crabs). Ive heard bad stories of over spawning though and I believe you would need a mod to add spawn points for wyvern or rock drake nests so you couldnt get everything without a mod. That being said we will never get the mod on console, it would be way to much work to give you something that you could pay them to have without the mod through using the dlc.

Hello I am a fellow ark player on pc, and on Xbox I was wondering will there ever be mods added to console like ark on pc. It would be really amazing because I love to play with mods on pc, and I think adding mods to console would be amazing. If you know anything please comment I really would like to know what are the plans is ark going to add mods to consoles or no thankyou for taking the time to read this!

Edited by GW4REALL

On 4/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, F1nchyStryd3r said:

Simple answer is no, costs too much money :P

TOO MUCH MONEY!?! WELL PEOPLE ARE PAYING WC THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR MODS SO WHY THE raptor IS IT TOO MUCH MONEY WHEN 100+ PEOPLE ARE PAYING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS?!? and if you ask what I mean by people paying I'm mean alot of people are donating to wild card

Guest DJRone89
44 minutes ago, CARA said:

TOO MUCH MONEY!?! WELL PEOPLE ARE PAYING WC THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR MODS SO WHY THE raptor IS IT TOO MUCH MONEY WHEN 100+ PEOPLE ARE PAYING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS?!? and if you ask what I mean by people paying I'm mean alot of people are donating to wild card

It costs millions to allow mods on Skyrim/Fallout, so yeah too much money.

11 hours ago, CARA said:

The game barely works on console, do you really want to add a bunch of stuff thats just going to add more bugs? Im not sure where you get this idea that people are throwing money at them but im sure they have they have more important things to spend whatever money they do get. Like keeping the servers running... they dont own the servers, they rent which costs thousands monthly. No investor want to hear that their money is being spent on adding free content to a game when there is paid dlc to be worked on

On 3/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, GW4REALL said:

Hello I am a fellow ark player on pc, and on Xbox I was wondering will there ever be mods added to console like ark on pc. It would be really amazing because I love to play with mods on pc, and I think adding mods to console would be amazing. If you know anything please comment I really would like to know what are the plans is ark going to add mods to consoles or no thankyou for taking the time to read this!

I am wondering the same thing. 

Got an Xbox one X, running around 104 mods on Skyrim and around 60 on Fallout 4 (no problem, no bugs), I can't see WC allowing mods on console as it'd take them well into the next century to figure out how to do it. Taken them ages to fix regular bugs in this game already. Bethesda has the money and expertise to run and maintain mods, WC doesn't.

so i got a question, not trying to troll or sound stupid here. bear with me as im doped up a little on pain meds after getting out of the hospital this morning. however, i know back in the earlier days of skyrim and for oblivion, people have found ways to extract their game files, and save files off of their xbox to the PC and then in turn through some very good computer skills added the mod files to the games files then re loaded them back into their xbone/360. has anyone known anyone to have tried this method? again not trying to sound stupid, its been a while since ive been into dabbling into computer stuff on any level close to that. i can re run an entire network system in a car or truck, but its been a while since i dabbled in personal computer stuff so im nto too up to par with a lot of the new tech, o.s etc.