Ragnarock Dino cap woes

Dropy

7 hours ago, Stryfe said:

Part of the problem is bullpoop like this - Players mass breeding dino's only to have them sit in the server taking up dino cap space (just to sit there and look pretty - not for boss fighting or trading) while the player disappears to do exactly the same on another server.

20180603142630_1.jpg

Heck ya!  That’s how we breed for stats too, though. Pop 70 eggs, keep 1 or 2. Or maybe they’re breeding a new statline. Hard to fault tribes for mass breeding - that’s the game. And they’re limited to 500 just like everyone else. Fewer people need to be allowed on PVE servers. Cap it at 30. It’ll run better and help with tame caps some (not a silver bullet). 

5 minutes ago, flamron said:

Heck ya!  That’s how we breed for stats too, though. Pop 70 eggs, keep 1 or 2. Or maybe they’re breeding a new statline. Hard to fault tribes for mass breeding - that’s the game. And they’re limited to 500 just like everyone else. Fewer people need to be allowed on PVE servers. Cap it at 30. It’ll run better and help with tame caps some (not a silver bullet). 

breeding for stats is all well and good. but not everyone deletes/kills of the inferior dinos. Pity the game doesn't have a mechanic where the dinos age and die off, thereby requiring you to actually breed the dinos in order to maintain your numbers. As for the 500 limit that is a joke too nobody seriously needs that many.

41 minutes ago, Stryfe said:

breeding for stats is all well and good. but not everyone deletes/kills of the inferior dinos. Pity the game doesn't have a mechanic where the dinos age and die off, thereby requiring you to actually breed the dinos in order to maintain your numbers. As for the 500 limit that is a joke too nobody seriously needs that many.

The day my 12 day raised giga/tuso dies of old age is the day I quit. So not sure that’s a great solution. 

ive always been curious as to how bad a server would get without a dino cap, like keep the tribe cap around but either raise the server cap or remove it. I would like to think it would get rid of the panic hoarder mentality to reserve dino spaces. coupled with a new kibble system of which i've heard of a few different ideas like just having 3 kinds of kibble large medium and small egg recipes or having to per say kill scorpions for a specific scorpion meat to use in place of eggs in the recipes for rex and frog kibble. Getting rid of all the "eggers" needed for all the kinds of kibbles would also hopefully cut down on tribes tames. I do know of the tribes out there that just run sister tribes to hold their dino overflow but hopefully changes like this would cut the need for that down.

Archived