Ragnarok - Aberration

ChrisA1102

Hello Everyone,

I am working on adding Aberration dino's to our server. We got most working except the Roll Rat and the Rock Drake. The crabs were working, but over populating. We moved them from land to water and they worked for a short time, but stopped. Is anyone here familiar with the code to see what I did wrong.

Here is a paste to my entire code. Pastebin.com

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassStr"DinoSpawnEntries_SwampWater",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Crabby",EntryWeight=0.001,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Crab_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Crab_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.001)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Drake",EntryWeight=0.001,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("RockDrake_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="RockDrake_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.001)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="RollratSpan",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MoleRat_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MoleRat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.2)))

In case you can't figure out the code, there's always mods. We've been using Simple Spawners, easily configurable, though you need to place a spawner on the map. Apart from that works wonders! It even has egg nests! Might be somewhat taxing on the CPU... 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295978823

Your max percentage allowed looks really low on the first two - ",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.001" means 1/10 of 1% (0.1% allowed). 

Also on the crab and the drake the chance to appear (EntryWeight) looks low. Maybe the code only accepts two decimal places after EntryWeight and it's clamping at 0%?

I use the Carniverous caverns on Rag to test new spawn entries. It will ALWAYS overpopulate since it's a single-dino spawn entry, but at least you know you have a good starting point. Subtract out the Mega/Megalania spawns. Just be careful because whatever you spawn there will also show up near the wyvern scar beach and monster island, so testing only.

Archived