How exactly do I spawn NAMELESS ? Turn off the light and just wait ?

DonaldDuck

So this Nameless is so annoying, it spawns so many when not expected but when I want to feed my drake before I go to sleep, it won't spawn again and delay my sleep like 30 minutes already.

It spawned earlier though, but only a few like 6 and didn't give venom, now it won't spawn again for a long time. I bet it will spawn, but come on, is there any way I can spawn nameless at will ? I've turned off my light.

Try a different spot. Also, I suggest leaving at least one alive, that way it turns into an alpha and endlessly spawns more.

I go on my reaper, get one to spawn and run in a circle until a large mass is assembled. Make sure to isolate one and keep it alive.

I understand that sometimes they just don't show up. It may be the terrain, it may be theyre spawned stuck in a wall. Changing spots sometimes works.

10 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Also, keep your ears out for their growl. If you hear at least one when you approach while with light on, they are around and buried.

Yea, and it also always has a combat theme with it.

12 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Try a different spot. Also, I suggest leaving at least one alive, that way it turns into an alpha and endlessly spawns more.

I go on my reaper, get one to spawn and run in a circle until a large mass is assembled. Make sure to isolate one and keep it alive.

I understand that sometimes they just don't show up. It may be the terrain, it may be theyre spawned stuck in a wall. Changing spots sometimes works.

Ah so that's the trick , leaving 1 alive, but won't he summon a reaper if kept alive for too long ? But maybe no worries the subterranean reaper is kinda weak.

thanks.

15 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Ah so that's the trick , leaving 1 alive, but won't he summon a reaper if kept alive for too long ? But maybe no worries the subterranean reaper is kinda weak.

thanks.

Not always. Sometimes I run fast and far enough to prevent combat theme music from even playing, and even when I stay put, the music only actually played when one turns to an alpha enraged state. Just watch for the mound of dirt being unburied.

As long as theres not too many nameless, it won't even bother to call Reaper King. 

6 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Not always. Sometimes I run fast and far enough to prevent combat theme music from even playing, and even when I stay put, the music only actually played when one turns to an alpha enraged state. Just watch for the mound of dirt being unburied.

As long as theres not too many nameless, it won't even bother to call Reaper King. 

I see. And yea that mound of dirt is what I usually observe or looking for an orange alpha if the combat theme hasn't played.

Good to know, so no worries then with leaving 1 alpha nameless for calling its friends for more chance getting the venom.

2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

thanks.

Well, it doesnt have to be the same nameless left alive. Spare one, wait for a group to form, isolate another one, it turns alpha, wait for another group, spare another one... If the alpha dies and is replaced the reaper summon timer resets.

They seem to spawn like any other dino, you just can't see them because they are underground. You can verify this with the light pet. If you ever get the 150 alert, but can't find anything try turning off your light and you will find a 150 nameless will eventually pop up. This means if you aren't finding nameless in a place you know they spawn you may have to kill everything in the area to force some new spawns.

If you are farming venom, what I've found works best is to explore slowly towards a possible spawn point. As soon as one pops up, back off quickly the way you came. Then let it go red and wait till it summons however many you feel comfortable with, turn on your light, and then kill them. Once they are dead and you've picked up any bags, start creeping back towards the spawn spot till another pops up, retreat, and repeat. What you don't want to do is just rush into the spawn areas. Imagine the spawn area has 6 underground nameless. If you run around and gather them all up you will kill those 6 plus whatever is summoned. Instead, the goal is to pull just one and then let it summon a bunch to kill. Then sneak back in to pull another, then another, and so-on. You can turn the 6 that spawned in the wild into 50 or more this way. Even more if you can manage to kill the alpha while leaving one alive.

It also helps if you are using a crab. I try and grab the first nameless that pops up and goes red. It should still summon while holding it and it will take extra damage when you go to kill the pack. Just stop swinging when it dies, turn your light back off, and hopefully a nameless will still be alive to go red so you can farm more without pulling a new wild.

Another trick you can use to help increase what you harvest is backing up slowly during the kill cycle to keep nameless from hitting corpses before you do. I noticed that I harvested significantly more meat when I killed them while slowly backing up because they last ones to die would sometimes hit the corpses of nearby ones already killed. This is basically how I farm all my meat and venom now. Saves a lot of time during late night feedings.

8 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well, it doesnt have to be the same nameless left alive. Spare one, wait for a group to form, isolate another one, it turns alpha, wait for another group, spare another one... If the alpha dies and is replaced the reaper summon timer resets.

1 hour ago, Whipples said:

They seem to spawn like any other dino, you just can't see them because they are underground. You can verify this with the light pet. If you ever get the 150 alert, but can't find anything try turning off your light and you will find a 150 nameless will eventually pop up. This means if you aren't finding nameless in a place you know they spawn you may have to kill everything in the area to force some new spawns.

If you are farming venom, what I've found works best is to explore slowly towards a possible spawn point. As soon as one pops up, back off quickly the way you came. Then let it go red and wait till it summons however many you feel comfortable with, turn on your light, and then kill them. Once they are dead and you've picked up any bags, start creeping back towards the spawn spot till another pops up, retreat, and repeat. What you don't want to do is just rush into the spawn areas. Imagine the spawn area has 6 underground nameless. If you run around and gather them all up you will kill those 6 plus whatever is summoned. Instead, the goal is to pull just one and then let it summon a bunch to kill. Then sneak back in to pull another, then another, and so-on. You can turn the 6 that spawned in the wild into 50 or more this way. Even more if you can manage to kill the alpha while leaving one alive.

It also helps if you are using a crab. I try and grab the first nameless that pops up and goes red. It should still summon while holding it and it will take extra damage when you go to kill the pack. Just stop swinging when it dies, turn your light back off, and hopefully a nameless will still be alive to go red so you can farm more without pulling a new wild.

Another trick you can use to help increase what you harvest is backing up slowly during the kill cycle to keep nameless from hitting corpses before you do. I noticed that I harvested significantly more meat when I killed them while slowly backing up because they last ones to die would sometimes hit the corpses of nearby ones already killed. This is basically how I farm all my meat and venom now. Saves a lot of time during late night feedings.

This will be very useful for not only feeding RD babies but also for farming plenty of it to do egg stealing run, and yea also MEAT, forgot about that.

thx

On 11.3.2018 at 3:23 PM, DonaldDuck said:

So this Nameless is so annoying, it spawns so many when not expected but when I want to feed my drake before I go to sleep, it won't spawn again and delay my sleep like 30 minutes already.

It spawned earlier though, but only a few like 6 and didn't give venom, now it won't spawn again for a long time. I bet it will spawn, but come on, is there any way I can spawn nameless at will ? I've turned off my light.

Not at will. I take a high level drake when I need venom because it gets around quick. I used to take a spino but it just took way too long to get around and back to my base.

I don't take a light pet with me on venom hunt. If a reaper king spawns, which hasn't happened yet, I could get away easily thanks to the drake.

I run through the biolum and stop every 5 seconds or so and look around. Sometimes you hear a growl when they come for you but not always from my experience. Doesn't take long usually. I position my drake in a spot where I have a good view of the ground (no bushes etc.). Wait for them and keep killing them. Always leave at least one nameless alive so they won't stop spawning. If I accidentally kill all of them and they stop spawning I just find a new nameless spot.

Sometimes none of the nameless won't evolve into an alpha. Maybe the alpha is stuck somewhere hidden then. I just kill it/them and look for another spawn.

Make sure your mount's weight is less than 50% so you won't have to collect the bags with the venom from the ground.

Deactivate harvesting (not item harvesting) so your mount won't be full of meat after a short time.

Archived