Rock Drake Suggestion

YoanY

I think it'd be neat and fitting if all the wyvern spawns inside the cave to the south west get replaced with rock drakes. I hope it's possible to separate the cave area from the wyvern spawns outside. Also it'd be neat if the cliffs outside also spawn water wyverns, but that would mean cooperating with he guy who made the mod with those.

They can be a modded version like the polar bears and ice wyverns, so that they need meat or wyvern milk instead. They didn't leave the Scorched Earth dinos in Scorched Earth, so if the devs want to add some Ab things i'm sure there is a way.

I think it's weird that there are so many flying wyverns in a closed cave and rock drakes seem like a perfect fit to me.

I think the idea sounds great. But I haven't played Aberration for more than 15 min yet and have been very happy with Ragnarok. The way I see it is I am not concerned with how others do or don't spend their money or their happiness with the spending of said money. I paid for a game with my money so I can enjoy the game. I know I would enjoy it even more if the Rock Drakes had a non Aberration maybe slightly weaker variation available on Ragnarok. A new cave at the base of the trench which would lead to a den of nameless which would require the player to pass many dangerous threats like death/ice worms, golems, drakes, wyverns, you name it it's there. Toughest cave available. I don't care. Along with all the normal cave stuff. Once player passes those threats and reach the end of the cave where the nameless community resides a small community of nameless will be available so rock drakes can be tamed. 

But if they don't add them or anything from Aberration no big deal. I will be happy with it as it is and I will be happy if they add some Aberration stuff. If someone else isn't happy how they spend their money they can only blame themselves as they chose to spend it. No one held a gun to their head. Things happen, stuff changes. When you spend money on an ever changing project like many video games are becoming now as they are rarely ever finished products anymore it seems, it is the gamble you take to invest any money into it. But it's important to note that spending money, investing in the game is not investing in how they develop it. It is investing in the enjoyment or whatever you may/may not get out of it. Hence the terms and conditions. If it says somewhere that when you spend money on the game the one who invests said money will now have rights to influence the direction of the game it would be one thing. That is not the case here I do not believe. Knowing what you are spending money on, and having the correct expectation on something is the big issue. Some seem to have the mindset that when money is spent they now have a "say" in how the game is handled. Not true. I could be wrong as I haven't read anything in the terms. However I accept this game's rights belong to another, not myself; I accept things will happen as the owning party wishes; I accept this is a VIDEO GAME and if I can't handle changes I wouldn't spend my money in the first place; Lastly I accept that if I am going to have a meltdown over any X amount of money for any reason then I probably shouldn't be spending it in the first place (within the context of buying unnecessary things such as a video game). There is more to the equation than people getting upset when they are not happy with what is happening in the game. It's just convenient to blame the developers because they didn't think out their choices or don't understand something fully. When I go see a movie and as long as there wasn't any false advertising I don't get mad at the production company or whoever related to the creation of the movie because the storyline didn't play out as intended. I chose to spend my money on it. Not best example but should get the point across. 

Now don't confuse my point. I am not saying I agree with the whole DLC style. I would much rather a fully finished game where everything you can get is in the game. All the maps, creatures etc available when I buy the game. I don't like the current popular style of DLC introducing new stuff making me pay more money for stuff. But what I am saying is that even knowing how game makers are doing business I chose to spend my money. We need to be responsible for OUR actions. Don't blame others because they don't do what you want. I chose to buy the DLC/season pass. I understand I don't like the current model and still bought into it. So even though I don't agree I am not upset if that makes sense. If ever comes the time I get fed up then I'll stop spending money.

Sorry to get off topic but it needed to be said. Now back to Rock Drakes on Ragnarok. :) 

I think both DLCs are really cool and I really like that they can afford to produce them by just asking for a one time payment. Many games are forced to have something like subscription or a real money store to make content after the initial release. But I think most of the income from a dlc comes within the first weeks of release, so it's ok to eventually leak some of this content into free mods and maps. Maybe that can even act as a free trial for Abarration (and SE i guess)

Back to the rock drakes, I didn't want to ask the devs to spend much time on it. I think the wyvern cave is already a fitting place for them. it's surrounded by wyverns on the outside, and the entrance is in the water, so it's hard to bring in land dinos. 

The basic wyverns in that area in general always felt like a placeholder to me. There is already a wyvern trench. So I suggested to mix it up with drakes inside the cave and water wyverns outside... since the existing wyverns tend to spawn under water anyway.

Another problem I noticed is that that cave gradually gets filled with more and more wyverns until there are like 50 of them, inside and almost none outside. That's because I slowly kill off the ones outside for milk or w/e and they have a chance to respawn inside the cave. Fighting multiple wyverns inside a closed cave is not favorable because mine has limited stamina, so they just build up. But if there were no wyvern spawns in there then they will keep respawning outside with no need for dino wipes.

The only other AB dino I can see in Ragnarok is maybe basilisks in the deathsands desert. That area is not dangerous enough considering there are red supply crates. But other than that, I wouldn't ask for reapers and the other AB creatures because the AB map kinda functions as a whole with it's unique mechanics. It's almost like a different game that won't fit on Ragnarok.

Just as a reminder 

Raganrok wont feature any Aberration content 

that was said more then once on the discord and streams by the developers 

it wont make much sense lore wise and from a developing stand point Ragnarok was finished before the Aberration content was available on the devkit 

And as you may or may not noticed the 2 developers are now workingt for Wildcard and new secret stuff.

They only maintain Ragnarok with bugfixes which are shared on the discord and here (as i find them on the forums) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, genie45 said:

I don't follow discord or any streams. Not aware of how to and haven't spend any amount of energy looking. Is this something that is worth following? Maybe I should look into this? So I for one didn't know this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

Cool, I updated my list. Sorry I forgot who has/hasn't posted in there. :P

Sorry @YoanY for taking thread off course back to the topic. ^_^

just made that thread, if you're interested. And I assumed that it was accepted that Nameless would spawn somewhere sense Aberration Content was suggested, I was just stating a spawn area that made sense.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, genie45 said:

Just as a reminder 

Raganrok wont feature any Aberration content 

it wont make much sense lore wise and from a developing stand point Ragnarok was finished before the Aberration content was available on the devkit 

And as you may or may not noticed the 2 developers are now workingt for Wildcard and new secret stuff.

They only maintain Ragnarok with bugfixes which are shared on the discord and here (as i find them on the forums) 

Thanks for this post. I do hope that some day ALL the ARK creatures will be available in the wild on one map thO.

On 3/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Z0mbie said:

Thanks for this post. I do hope that some day ALL the ARK creatures will be available in the wild on one map thO.

Same. I don't want to be jumping around from map to map. Thats cool for some sure, but I want a map with everything. I don't care how they spin it. Two arks crashed into each other for all I care and you can swim over to that part or the shields are still up on the surface and you can go into caves or underwater caves and cross over into the Aberration side of the map. Doesn't matter just want all on one location where I can get everything the game has to offer without having to change maps.

I wonder how many people even read this.

On 3/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

People got angry when ragnarok introduced SE creatures, because everyone who paid 20$ for a dlc suddenly had the exact same as someone who paid zero.

It be "people angry at rag" all over again if any other paid contents appears in other existing free map. While I am glad the developers left out Phoenix and heat wave in Rag, I don't really like the fact of the above reason.

Don't get me wrong. I also wanted a map that contains everything from other DLC (because character loss, rollback issues reverts, etc..), but I rather they need to have a certain DLC already bought than being an absolute zero-payment map, because thats a huge flip off to payers.

• 3 weeks later...

regardless of you paying for dlc or not if you play on a private server with someone who has bought the dlc and that person has admin people can have dlc stuff for free anyways. it is what it is. I paid for the dlc but I really don't care if people who haven't get to play around with dlc stuff. I think a giant crack in the ground near the new desert and that crazy mountain would be perfect for an aberration zone

2 hours ago, GaNjAmOn42091 said:

regardless of you paying for dlc or not if you play on a private server with someone who has bought the dlc and that person has admin people can have dlc stuff for free anyways. it is what it is. I paid for the dlc but I really don't care if people who haven't get to play around with dlc stuff. I think a giant crack in the ground near the new desert and that crazy mountain would be perfect for an aberration zone

That would work or perhaps the massive cave with a bunch of Megalosaurus and nothing else but darkness and fog? It's so empty it's begging for some aberrant environment.

3 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

That would work or perhaps the massive cave with a bunch of Megalosaurus and nothing else but darkness and fog? It's so empty it's begging for some aberrant environment.

true, the giant cave under the castle would be a good spot as well. it actually looks a bit like aberration

Archived