extinction Extinction DLC Dino Discussion

SoddenHalfling1

Extinction DLC Dino Discussion I believe they will have the same basic dinos as always but just like scorched and aberration there will be new creatures unique to the dlc my theory is since this is earth and you can clearly see a massive city made from tek that the new creatures will be ai tek based high probability of a tek flyer or glider like the drake or the wyvern from scorched and aberration and also I think there's a good chance we'll get a big tek fighter like the reaper king on aberration just my two cents what are your thoughts 

also not saying this will be one of them but it would be cool if there was a tek creature that could teleport short distances like Nightcrawler or a device that made it so your character could they do have a teleporter in the game already it would be nice to have a portable short range one they could make it run on element

i agree with sidewipe theres probably gonna be alot of heavily mutated/evolved present day creatures but i dont know tek cyborg creatures might be a thing i could see the top dog creature of the map being some sort of tek cyborg creature maybe you have to hack it to tame it although i hope for a kind of change of pace the rex/wyvern/rock drake of the map is a herbivore

By idea, they showed us the Earth. We can assume that the map will be huge, much more than "The Island", "Scorched earth", "Aberration" ... combined.
Announcements of past additions were September 1, 2016 and 2017, so the announcement of the next addition will be September 1, 2018.
There will be more information in the announcement...

• 2 months later...

I know this topic is old and dead, but I am very much hyped for it. I don't think we will see much of the same creatures we see now. I think things will either be heavily mutated, or like tek beasts. I think this is going to be a totally different turn, and twist. We will see, though. I think they will release it in conjunction with JW:FKs release.

What if they used mythological creatures from around the world as some of the new dinos. Like Kukulkan, a long double winged serpent. Or the Thunderbird, can you imagine a bird as large as a Quetz who can use lighting attacks. But also an Orca who started to evolve more into a wolf like creature like they use to be would also be cool. 

Seeing as we just "left" a simulation or proving grounds, I'm expecting a serious jump in creature AI. 

It's pointed out in the notes that dinos don't behave naturally on the ARKs. In any way. Rex rampaging in the snow, dinos absolutely loyal when they were feral the day before. Sure, it's a video game, but the lore points these things out. Makes me think it's part of the story.

It wouldn't surprise me if the new creatures were untameable, but instead had to be stolen, raised and "tamed" through imprints and affinity.

Going further here, I would wager the new map could have creatures much more powerful than what we've seen on the ARK maps. Maybe higher max levels. But not transferable back to the ARKs. 

Just ideas.

Possible that the trip off abberation and onto earth is a one way street. Lines up with E3 for a release and the proposed new tribe limit sizes. 

How would they enact that on the official cluster? Randomly kick all but 10 people from a mega tribe? 

Wipe the servers?

Don't think so. I know it's conspiracy theory logic, but I think these are related. They'll open extinction with tribe size limits. Character only transfer. Or it recreates your character without an implant because you've escaped space jail.

From the video trailer (that the above video shows), there's an obelisk maintaining a "green" area.    I suspect that we'll see the typical parasaur/trike/stego/doed/raptor/etc "easy" dinosaurs there.    Similar to aberration, they'll probably leave some out (doed or anky perhaps) and introduce another one that fills their role of resource harvesting, just as the roll rat replaced the beaver on aberration.

Outside the Obelisk's influence it'd make sense to see -no- dinosaurs, since instead of being an ark, or even a malfunctioning one, this is the "real" world where there aren't extinct animals roaming around, they only exist on arks because the system creates and helps maintain their population.

My guess is one or two of these:

1) Kaiju.    Some of Ark's most impressive moments are seeing a Titansaur for the first time roaming by your base, or the terror of encountering your first Giga.    I'd love to see them up the ante with post-nuclear war monsters like a giant monster, say 5 walls high.   Or 4-5 variations of them ?

2) Other Humans.   Aside from players, we see no other humans, even though the lore talks about cities and factions.   Makes some sense on arks but on Extinction's earth I'd suspect some human factions would be trying to rebuild and conquer.

3) AI weapons/mechs.   If by the end of ark we don't have an awesome "Tek Mech" I will be VERY disappointed.    Calling it out now that this will be the alpha boss's drop :)     I'd also suspect AI driven tanks, human collectors, and other skynet-esque tek enemies.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:41 AM, Ayzix said:

By idea, they showed us the Earth. We can assume that the map will be huge, much more than "The Island", "Scorched earth", "Aberration" ... combined.
Announcements of past additions were September 1, 2016 and 2017, so the announcement of the next addition will be September 1, 2018.
There will be more information in the announcement...

The arks ground and earth are probaly taken from earth and modified a bit on. Extinctinctions map are probaly an ark that never got airborn.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:59 AM, afmeyer93 said:

What if they used mythological creatures from around the world as some of the new dinos. Like Kukulkan, a long double winged serpent. Or the Thunderbird, can you imagine a bird as large as a Quetz who can use lighting attacks. But also an Orca who started to evolve more into a wolf like creature like they use to be would also be cool. 

Hmmm like a lightning wyvern?

When you see the earth in aberrations ending theres a big blast radius on it. I would belive that a nuke or somekind of meteor hit earth. The meteor/nuke could mayby hold radioation that was infuced with element. 

On aberration if you have read rockwells notes you see that he injected a dose of element in his arm and he became a giant monster.

If the nuke/meteor spread that radioation with element across the earth then maybe the humans and creatures  where infected and mutated.

Maybe the humans became somekind of elemental zombies like the nameless.

What i hope is that some of the basic dinos gets mutated versions of them like we got glowing dinos on aberration.

Rex with longer arms, raptors with bigger claws so it can run up walls, etc...

1 hour ago, Enderborn said:

When you see the earth in aberrations ending theres a big blast radius on it. I would belive that a nuke or somekind of meteor hit earth. The meteor/nuke could mayby hold radioation that was infuced with element. 

On aberration if you have read rockwells notes you see that he injected a dose of element in his arm and he became a giant monster.

If the nuke/meteor spread that radioation with element across the earth then maybe the humans and creatures  where infected and mutated.

Maybe the humans became somekind of elemental zombies like the nameless.

What i hope is that some of the basic dinos gets mutated versions of them like we got glowing dinos on aberration.

Rex with longer arms, raptors with bigger claws so it can run up walls, etc...

Probaly going to see a lot of new giant bugs to.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:20 PM, Migol said:

From the video trailer (that the above video shows), there's an obelisk maintaining a "green" area.    I suspect that we'll see the typical parasaur/trike/stego/doed/raptor/etc "easy" dinosaurs there.    Similar to aberration, they'll probably leave some out (doed or anky perhaps) and introduce another one that fills their role of resource harvesting, just as the roll rat replaced the beaver on aberration.

Outside the Obelisk's influence it'd make sense to see -no- dinosaurs, since instead of being an ark, or even a malfunctioning one, this is the "real" world where there aren't extinct animals roaming around, they only exist on arks because the system creates and helps maintain their population.

My guess is one or two of these:

1) Kaiju.    Some of Ark's most impressive moments are seeing a Titansaur for the first time roaming by your base, or the terror of encountering your first Giga.    I'd love to see them up the ante with post-nuclear war monsters like a giant monster, say 5 walls high.   Or 4-5 variations of them ?

2) Other Humans.   Aside from players, we see no other humans, even though the lore talks about cities and factions.   Makes some sense on arks but on Extinction's earth I'd suspect some human factions would be trying to rebuild and conquer.

3) AI weapons/mechs.   If by the end of ark we don't have an awesome "Tek Mech" I will be VERY disappointed.    Calling it out now that this will be the alpha boss's drop :)     I'd also suspect AI driven tanks, human collectors, and other skynet-esque tek enemies.

The points 2 and 3 is also something I am sorely missing. I really want a Mech, more Gundam than Battletech for its core structure, with the whole Wildcard's Tek Tier aesthetics on it of  course. The Aircraft on Ark Park is not too shabby on the trailer either, even if I am no fan of that game.

Human NPCs, I have seen this in another game, and it actually provides a very cool and fun layer to its game. Having them around, with the ability to conquer and liberate their stronghold, have dealings with them, support or war with them. It be interesting for sure.

Kaijus are always cool. It be interesting if there was a mid - boss terror that was walking around in the game world and not some arena (like Titanosaur), where seeing it will cause fear and despair.

There are also unused assets in Ark, there were these 2 very awesome looking bugs, and mind you I don't like bugs at all, but these 2 were incredible by design. I hope we get to see them at some point, like it happened to the Phoenix.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Martellus said:

The points 2 and 3 is also something I am sorely missing. I really want a Mech, more Gundam than Battletech for its core structure, with the whole Wildcard's Tek Tier aesthetics on it of  course. The Aircraft on Ark Park is not too shabby on the trailer either, even if I am no fan of that game.

Human NPCs, I have seen this in another game, and it actually provides a very cool and fun layer to its game. Having them around, with the ability to conquer and liberate their stronghold, have dealings with them, support or war with them. It be interesting for sure.

Kaijus are always cool. It be interesting if there was a mid - boss terror that was walking around in the game world and not some arena (like Titanosaur), where seeing it will cause fear and despair.

There are also unused assets in Ark, there were these 2 very awesome looking bugs, and mind you I don't like bugs at all, but these 2 were incredible by design. I hope we get to see them at some point, like it happened to the Phoenix.

Cheers!

I been itching for human cpu for the entire time ive had this game, for the exact reasons you stated.  Currently i have 0 use for half the items, the pvp items.

• 4 months later...

So there is this giant crater in the Earth that we see during assension from Abboration, but why does everyone think a nuke/bomb caused this? This is my theory: 

We know that some of the Arks were made out of earth from Earth(well we don't know it's from Earth but from where else could it be?). So my theory is that the giant crater is where either the Homo Deus or the Aliens or the AI or whatever created the arks scooped up earth from where that crater is and (any one of the above entities) put it into arks like the island and copies of it. 

Btw, Wild Card confirmed that the story of ark will be revealed in Extinction and if there are any more dlc packs they will be purely for fun like Ragnarok. 

I am also not sure if Ragnarok is a dlc or just a map with creature mods.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to visit the place where the arks were created in Extinction? It might be the crater or something else.

Archived