What did you tame in ark today

ItWasntMe

On 3/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, TROG666 said:

Why tame anthing when u can get a griffin and spam people with c4 from up high out of the range of there turrets and plant x and kill all of their tames and destroy their base ?

your still confusing dude. like has this been tested?? most dinos dont let you place c4 from far away.  

i could see for ya tonight but im at work atm. 

would be easy to check since i have a griffin , but im pretty sure you can only place c4 from the ground on one. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busy day today. Went out to get a mammoth first, but a low level argent was very persistent in chasing me...so I KO'd and tamed it instead. Ground out a few levels, got the saddle, went out again. Found a low level rex and thought hm, I bet I could tame it. So I did, but I can't ride it for a bit. Then and only then did I find and tame a mammoth, which was my original goal for the day. I almost decided to tame an anky, but I don't need one just yet so it's not a big concern, and now that I have my main 3 utility animals I need to work on getting my walls and base shell up. Overall quite please though, that rex especially is huge, both literally and figuratively. Now I can consistently gather prime and I expect to begin work on acquiring much higher quality animals in the semi near future.

Yesterday I was finally able to make a rex saddle. Naturally the first thing I did was go tame a better rex. Mine was I think wild level 15, acting primarily as base defense/mobile storage while I worked on my perimeter walls. While I was out and about I came across a 130 minding his own business, doing rex things. So that was the one I tamed, running prime with the trash rex was painful but we got the job done.

Also tamed a low level para that was in my yard, the humble beginnings of a kibble farm. Mostly only care about the rex lol. If I'd had time I would have gone for a better bird but needs must and finishing my wall was a priority. I need to rebuild my taming raft anyway or maybe make a second one for spino trapping.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's tames:

A low level female Easter pachyrhino, giving myself a pair for eggs. A low level Easter spino that was so garishly bright I just had to tame her. Two of the colors will be used in future breeding lines, just not at the same time. And a low level Easter baryonyx that was a kind of mirror to the one I tamed the day before; he was green with blue spines, while my first one was blue with green spines.

Was actually hoping for a high level spino because I'm tired of my rex, lol. Oh well, there's always next weekend.

Level 145 female Therizino on Ragnarok. My bulbdog alerted me to it, and I carried it back to base with my Wyvern, and dropped in a taming pen. I didn't have any kibble for it, so I tried starve taming it. I must have enter some data wrong on dododex, when it was time to feed it, it did not tame right away, so I ended up only getting a level 202 post tame. oh well, she is still a beast.

Archived