Сlaiming and auto-decay settings

Ego

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, Thorium said:

AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=true will destroy decayed dinos if they come out of stasis (render in).

However it will not destroy them if a player is in render distance to the dino at the moment the timer runs out. In this case the player will still be able to claim the dino. You can't disable this.

I think they fixed it recently and if that option is enabled they won't be claimable anymore:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jatheish said:

v273.691
- Fix for PVE dino decay not properly destroy dinos after the decay period.

At least, this is true on officials. You can no longer see the decay timers on creatures at all from what I know.

4 hours ago, Thorium said:

AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=true will destroy decayed dinos if they come out of stasis (render in).

However it will not destroy them if a player is in render distance to the dino at the moment the timer runs out. In this case the player will still be able to claim the dino. You can't disable this.

As far as I understand, this parameter does not work without "DisableDinoDecayPvE=" and "PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=". But then there is a timer and players can claim creatures. And here's how to get rid of the timer...

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Thorium said:

You can, you may need to hold down H. But that should only be true for structures. On unofficial i can still see the timers without holding down H.

You cannot on officials. Creatures are not claimable even if you camp at them and their decay timers are no longer visible:

Spoiler

82CE552FF3E207D6FF5CDB1D140FBEC1FE4A998E

So there must certainly have a way to configure it this way.

11 hours ago, Ego said:

As far as I understand, this parameter does not work without "DisableDinoDecayPvE=" and "PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=". But then there is a timer and players can claim creatures. And here's how to get rid of the timer...

That is probably what invincibleqc means by not timer. If there is no timer they could still decay and get destroyed.

Archived