Where are the new servers? (Answered)

TheDrizzle404

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Klakky said:

You can be a breeder with 2 tames..... alt tribe lol... who would even bother with it, it would mean transfering your character in and out all the time, we dont all have alt tribes( like you? )
Wanna hear some of the stats I got? no? we'll I'm already typing anyway, other than some -40 I have a 46 point in weight thyla, and rex's with 56pointsHP 47Stamina (39oxygen) 43Food 36 weight 57 DMG 48 Speed, I got that from 4 different Rexs :)

That kind of thinking is just negative AND you cant do it cause 1 raft counts towards 10 slots in your tribe if I'm not mistaken with only 500 being the max

Thyla? lol :D 

And everyone have you'r rex stats, oxy is really good, you can use it forr bosses :D 

You just breeding the same animals like all breeder, prop with the same line :D Just go for it :D 

10 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

a higher server tame limit

The servers (well console anyway) can't handle the amount of dino's it has now. Increasing it without getting better server hardware would be catastrophic for this game. The lag would be so immense and the crashes and rollbacks increase from what we currently have. Higher server tame limit is not the answer with the current set up. many more new servers is the only solution. 

1 minute ago, juzek19985 said:

But that sound waste of time.

Not to mention toxic to other people, if people spread out to all the servers not going over 20 players a server it would probably never be capped

1 minute ago, isu said:

You can uploads rafts to cloud, bring 1 character -> place 50 rafts -> upload character , create or download next character -> download rafts - > place them and so on.

With 4-5 people you can easily do it.

People like you make this game horrible, if people didnt worry about tame caps so much there wouldnt really be any.... the players themselves are destroying ark more than the devs lately

1 minute ago, devid20 said:

Thyla? lol :D 

And everyone have you'r rex stats, oxy is really good, you can use it forr bosses :D 

You just breeding the same animals like all breeder, prop with the same line :D Just go for it :D 

No one has these stats, every stat here is my own tamed except the hp, I had 49 but traded for better hp eggs, thats what makes this game fun, trading with people and being nice and communicating with others... If they didnt didnt wipe legacy or 100% wiped all legacy we wouldnt have tame cap problems right now...

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The servers (well console anyway) can't handle the amount of dino's it has now. Increasing it without getting better server hardware would be catastrophic for this game. The lag would be so immense and the crashes and rollbacks increase from what we currently have. Higher server tame limit is not the answer with the current set up. many more new servers is the only solution. 

I'd say 200 servers will make it perfect for the PC, more than enough of what we would need to play without cap

1 minute ago, Ghost7x said:

Saeora

there was also a post by jat stating they would go down early morning, work on repurposing them during noon, and by evening on the 9th specifically that they would have SOME of them up. Im trying to find it now but i wouldnt put it past them to have taken that post down now lmfao. 

Yep I remember reading something like that adding some servers and slowly adding more troughout the day

Just now, Klakky said:

I think who ever wants to "own" the server got their ass kicked on pvp and now they find pvp ways to play pve and honestly its making me sick!

Aye my thoughts exactly, this game brings out the worst in ppl especially on PvE where you can't do much about trolls and griefers :( but you get a good insight in how little we've developed from cavemen when it comes to protecting our own tribes and whereabouts

"This will be our final warning regarding the second deprecation of some of our legacy servers! It will take place on Friday, 9th of March. We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms. The save files for the PC servers will be made available on Friday the 9th, and we'll be working with Nitrado to get the console ones online as soon as possible! If you are a player on the Official Legacy Server Network please read the full post at the link below for more information as well as a list of which Legacy servers are being taken down permanently."

1 minute ago, Ghost7x said:

"This will be our final warning regarding the second deprecation of some of our legacy servers! It will take place on Friday, 9th of March. We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms. The save files for the PC servers will be made available on Friday the 9th, and we'll be working with Nitrado to get the console ones online as soon as possible! If you are a player on the Official Legacy Server Network please read the full post at the link below for more information as well as a list of which Legacy servers are being taken down permanently."

"by the end of the evening"... some day in July... 2020

the game runs so bad on 195, and at other times everywhere else, that i dont  think increasing the cap would have that much of an effect on performance anyway LOL. I dont think a dinosaur(or 100s+) could be anywhere near as bad as some of the giant structures people build. It takes way longer to load the structure than it does the dinos. we have bases that wont even fully load on our server. and i refuse to even go to blue ob or anywhere even near it because its so polluted with trash.

2 minutes ago, Ghost7x said:

Someone quick get Oxford dictionary on the phone!
We gotta let them know a bunch now means 0!

Maybe if they limited your tame limit to you IP address it would keep those with multiple accounts from taking a large number of the tame slots on a server. I know on our server there is at least one person who has 4 separate accounts, 3 of which are solely for the purpose of making alt tribes for the tame slots. Having an extra account so you can have a crafting alt is fine, using it for tame slots is bogus. I'm sure there are others on our server doing the same thing...

1 minute ago, catnip said:

Maybe if they limited your tame limit to you IP address it would keep those with multiple accounts from taking a large number of the tame slots on a server. I know on our server there is at least one person who has 4 separate accounts, 3 of which are solely for the purpose of making alt tribes for the tame slots. Having an extra account so you can have a crafting alt is fine, using it for tame slots is bogus. I'm sure there are others on our server doing the same thing...

You cant play on official with steam family share, only way to have more tribes is with transfering, how about making having multiple tribes to take tame slots banable? I think that it might help alot if they make a few examples. Like they say, kill a guy today, save a nation tommorow

Im just glad i predicted this would take way longer than 1 days worth of time for WC lol. I think we shouldnt stress over this. they arent going to tell us when it happens, theyre going to release a few at a time each time, and people who are willing to spam for hours at a time will get first come first server. I personally dont care one way or another, it would just be nice if a company that makes video games would do something crazy like be on time when they post said time everywhere. here is the kill list btw, i would assume half or a little less of these are repurposed for what we have currently available, and the other half will be saved for Extinction IF they are smart. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/305364-legacy-pc-server-kill-list-march-9th/

1 minute ago, Lickimus said:

And new players needs a chance as well. If any new PVE servers and same cluster it gonna be a transfer contenst for dino storage on new servers

Yep. On our server the chatter in global was about how many dinos they were taking to the new servers so they can get a base up as quickly as possible. Maybe they should limit the number of dinos you can transfer to the new servers to two so it'll give new players and smaller tribes a fighting chance. I can't count the number of new players to our server who heard the words "sorry, we're capped. You might want to try another server if you want to tame anything." This in many ways due to the folks with boats and trash animals populating their bases. 

6 minutes ago, catnip said:

You can change you'r IP, and you can make 10 diff steam account and buy the game for it. Thats not gonna help.

5 minutes ago, catnip said:

Yep. On our server the chatter in global was about how many dinos they were taking to the new servers so they can get a base up as quickly as possible. Maybe they should limit the number of dinos you can transfer to the new servers to two so it'll give new players and smaller tribes a fighting chance. I can't count the number of new players to our server who heard the words "sorry, we're capped. You might want to try another server if you want to tame anything." This in many ways due to the folks with boats and trash animals populating their bases. 

1 Wyvern or 1 Flyer is all it takes though if you can transfer items... I'm planning on transfering a wyvern and 20 pillars, some walls, ceilings, just to take the same location of my base I had on legacy, everyone deserves a chance so if the servers are up everyone should be able to transfer to it, but, this will solve the tame cap problem for at least 1.5f-2 months if they add at least 100 servers (non aberration, I havent been on an aberration map thats capped yet!) 200 servers would definetely restore ark to its old glory
PS: Now watch them releasing the new servers on monday/tuesday around noon out of spite just because ark IS their job and this is what they do for a living, they could claim they didnt want to work over the weekend if they wanted to :D

You cant play on official with steam family share, only way to have more tribes is with transfering, how about making having multiple tribes to take tame slots banable? I think that it might help alot if they make a few examples. Like they say, kill a guy today, save a nation tommorow

Or rather allow ppl to have one tribe on each map, but not like 3 tribes on different Island servers. Many don't want to transfer characters but if you play on SE you still need Island dinos, be it for transport/harvesting or kibbles.

3 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

Or rather allow ppl to have one tribe on each map, but not like 3 tribes on different Island servers. Many don't want to transfer characters but if you play on SE you still need Island dinos, be it for transport/harvesting or kibbles.

Very good idea, I like it

2 minutes ago, catnip said:

I'm sure there's some way to track multiple accounts for one person. I was simply using the IP as one way to do that. 

I was on admin on different free servers (cracked but very popular shhhhh) and the amount of people changing IP is super easy, the only part about the IP you can track is the first 4 digits which will give you the city someone's ISP is in but not general location so impossible to track an IP when its so easy to change/hide it

PS: does ark allow VPN? I know csgo does so that means so does Valve(AKA. Steam)

1 Wyvern or 1 Flyer is all it takes though if you can transfer items... I'm planning on transfering a wyvern and 20 pillars, some walls, ceilings, just to take the same location of my base I had on legacy, everyone deserves a chance so if the servers are up everyone should be able to transfer to it, but, this will solve the tame cap problem for at least 1.5f-2 months if they add at least 100 servers (non aberration, I havent been on an aberration map thats capped yet!) 200 servers would definetely restore ark to its old glory
PS: Now watch them releasing the new servers on monday/tuesday around noon out of spite just because ark IS their job and this is what they do for a living, they could claim they didnt want to work over the weekend if they wanted to :D

If you limited the amount of material uploaded, at least for the first week or two it would make it possible for those starting out to have a chance to find a decent spot and build a base. I was planning on taking a ptera, about 20 pillars, the materials for a small 2x4 small gate building and a storage bin so I can stake out a spot and have a safe place to log out. I play with a small tribe, so our needs are modest, but we still want enough space to build a nice base for taming and some occasional breeding.

Archived