So I tamed a Direwolf pack...

FlyinJapman4

Prior to the TLC patch, I never had a desire to tame the Wolves. I've always gone for Raptors, then passed them up for Allos. But I try to test out any new things with the creatures, so I wanted to mess around with the Wolves. After taming 4 of them (it took an hour or two), I can say I really like the new Wolf.

Funny story, while I was looking for good pack mates (preferably an Alpha Female), I have come to realize that the Snow Biome is like Chicago. Things are fighting constantly. Eventually, I flip god mode on and tame two females. While they were taming, two wild wolves stumble upon me and my two males that I already tamed. This is when I became smitten with them. The initial Howl-Off is awesome. We killed them. Later on, I have my pack in a convoy back to my home, and we eventually stumble into another pack. This time with 4 members. And my bones shivered with excitement at the pre battle howl that we both did. Absolutely amazing.

You guys did a great job with the Direwolf. The Raptor definitely needs the pounce because it was left obsolete with this change.

Before the patch I tamed up 13 level 145-150 wolves.  I then bred 3 of them in hopes of a good alpha to sit on.

This group, with all their early easy levels already acquired, are blenders i tell ya.  Trexs just vanish on contact as well as anything but a giga (just never tried).

Huge dps fun with the buff applied.  Would love to see what they could do with also a Yuly buff on em.   

A large strong pack is nuclear.

16 hours ago, Adwel said:

A large strong pack is nuclear.

Almost anything tamed is nuclear against wild dinos.

Try killing a tamed, saddled bronto with them. You can't. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, wolves are pretty neat early game hide/pelt farmers and cave runners but the lack of a saddle makes their PVP utility kinda really niche. 

Archived