Rex only picking up trophy items

CauselessKnight

2 hours ago, CauselessKnight said:

I have a rex that only picks up trophy items and gear/tools. Anyone else seen this?

You mean instead of / in addition to harvesting meat?  Did you check under the Harvest Settings?  There is a setting that prevents tamed creatures from harvesting resources.  You might have accidentally turned it on.  There are two settings.  One prevents tames from collecting items, one prevents resource harvesting.  Offhand, I'd guess someone might want to turn off item collection on "disposable" tames, or at least non-ridden ones, just to make it easier to find anything you pick up while doing caves or hunting Alpha creatures.  Turning off resource harvesting can help if you are using berry pickers in combat (Megatherium, brontos) or for dimorphodons in caves so that they don't get overloaded by tons of berries or meat.

5 hours ago, EmberStar said:

You mean instead of / in addition to harvesting meat?  Did you check under the Harvest Settings?  There is a setting that prevents tamed creatures from harvesting resources.  You might have accidentally turned it on.  There are two settings.  One prevents tames from collecting items, one prevents resource harvesting.  Offhand, I'd guess someone might want to turn off item collection on "disposable" tames, or at least non-ridden ones, just to make it easier to find anything you pick up while doing caves or hunting Alpha creatures.  Turning off resource harvesting can help if you are using berry pickers in combat (Megatherium, brontos) or for dimorphodons in caves so that they don't get overloaded by tons of berries or meat.

Did not know that thanks I'll check on that

I am on official ragnarok it used to eat everything but I leveled up melee to power 300 and now it's not eating anything I have to forcefeed it to keep it alive...

• 7 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator

Are you trying to harvest when the Rex's inventory is full, i.e. slots filled not weight. If you have too many slots filled in the Rex inventory then you will see a black padlock type icon in the top right corner of the screen where it shows you Rex health, stam, food etc.

If you see the padlock that means the slots are full and it will no longer harvest. Therefore you need to empty the inventory or get rid of some stuff from it until the padlock disappears then you can harvest again.

Archived